11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey All , so i often open up an audio track and choose from ‘instruments’ on the input tab and record from a vst on to an audio track.
Only problem is i’m not getting the prompt for that ?
And it only seems to be on this particular session too
Any suggestions ?
Last edited by brettchassen on Fri May 26, 2023 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
by Vocalpoint on Fri May 26, 2023 8:15 am
brettchassen wroteHey All , so i often open up an audio track and choose from ‘instruments’ on the input tab and record from a vst on to an audio track.Only problem is i’m not getting the prompt for that ? And it only seems to be on this particular session too Any suggestions ?

I am in a clean song right now with exactly one audio track and there is no facility to select a VST Instrument under Input - only the "audio" ins that I have specifically setup from my RME interface.

The only way to see Instruments under there is to add an Instrument track. It's been this way since the beginning.

If you are seeing different - would love to see a screenshot as it does not sound plausible.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by brettchassen on Fri May 26, 2023 8:29 am
Vocalpoint wrote
brettchassen wroteHey All , so i often open up an audio track and choose from ‘instruments’ on the input tab and record from a vst on to an audio track.Only problem is i’m not getting the prompt for that ? And it only seems to be on this particular session too Any suggestions ?

I am in a clean song right now with exactly one audio track and there is no facility to select a VST Instrument under Input - only the "audio" ins that I have specifically setup from my RME interface.

The only way to see Instruments under there is to add an Instrument track. It's been this way since the beginning.

If you are seeing different - would love to see a screenshot as it does not sound plausible.

VP

I have several instrument track’s running in the session, no prompt to choose instrument on an audio track (and its only happening on this session) never seen this happen before.
by brettchassen on Fri May 26, 2023 8:38 am

VP[/quote]

I feel like a TOTAL moron asking but how do insert an image in my post (I'm trying to add a screenshot) I hit the "insert image" button above and just get this...
by Tacman7 on Fri May 26, 2023 9:13 am
Welcome to the Forum!

You can't attach anything from quick reply so you have to post a reply.

Then below the submit button is an upload attachment tab.

You should be able to choose any instrument in your song for input but it has to be in the song first.

Don't remember a prompt about it though, just set the input.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Vocalpoint on Fri May 26, 2023 9:42 am
brettchassen wrote I have several instrument track’s running in the session, no prompt to choose instrument on an audio track (and its only happening on this session) never seen this happen before.

Still not quite understanding this response. Perfectly normal to have a bunch of "instrument" tracks running within a typical song - BUT playing back midi data. That's all an "instrument" track does - and will ever do.

But your comment about a "prompt" to choose some input on an audio track does not make sense. Not only will S1 never prompt you to add anything to a manually added track (audio OR Midi) - any track added to a song can just sit there - empty - until the end of time in the song if you so choose.

If you are expecting S1 (after adding an empty audio track) to prompt you in some way to do something - that is not anything that I have ever seen.

I still think I am misunderstanding the question - and screencap would be very helpful.

Cheers

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by brettchassen on Fri May 26, 2023 9:51 am
All I'm trying to do I record an instrument track (playing back midi information through a VST inst ) on to an audio track....nothing more...this is historically VERY simple to do , as I go to the input of the audio track....and under instruments choose the VST I want the audio From....EZ....its NOT giving me the prompt for instruments in the input dialogue on the audio track...and its only happening on this ONE session ..(if I open a new session its fine ) I hope I explained it well.

Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-05-26 at 11.49.43 AM.png
by Vocalpoint on Fri May 26, 2023 10:17 am
brettchassen wroteAll I'm trying to do I record an instrument track (playing back midi information through a VST inst ) on to an audio track....nothing more...this is historically VERY simple to do , as I go to the input of the audio track....and under instruments choose the VST I want the audio From....EZ...

OK - I sorta get it now.

I just tested this with a song here that I pieced together a few months back. It contains an Omnisphere instrument track and an Impact XT instrument track. And then I added a standalone third "audio" only track and yes - I do see an "Instruments" item (under Inputs) with a tiny drop down arrow beside it:

2023-05-26_10-09-42.png

Where I can actually choose the Omnisphere output (appearing as "A Output Audio Bus) OR the Impact XT Output (Labelled as Impact St 1) and direct it as an input to this track.

I have never tried this and learned something today :)

As you are not showing this Instruments dropdown - wondering if you might need to resize the track area or make the track "taller" to see more menu items?

Seems to be fine here with a decent width and height on the audio track itself.

VP

by brettchassen on Fri May 26, 2023 10:38 am
Vocalpoint wrote
brettchassen wroteAll I'm trying to do I record an instrument track (playing back midi information through a VST inst ) on to an audio track....nothing more...this is historically VERY simple to do , as I go to the input of the audio track....and under instruments choose the VST I want the audio From....EZ...

OK - I sorta get it now.

I just tested this with a song here that I pieced together a few months back. It contains an Omnisphere instrument track and an Impact XT instrument track. And then I added a standalone third "audio" only track and yes - I do see an "Instruments" item (under Inputs) with a tiny drop down arrow beside it:

2023-05-26_10-09-42.png

Where I can actually choose the Omnisphere output (appearing as "A Output Audio Bus) OR the Impact XT Output (Labelled as Impact St 1) and direct it as an input to this track.

I have never tried this and learned something today :)

As you are not showing this Instruments dropdown - wondering if you might need to resize the track area or make the track "taller" to see more menu items?

Seems to be fine here with a decent width and height on the audio track itself.

VP

Yeah man I don't get it I'm not getting that instruments dropdown on the audio tracks of THIS session ...Yeah track height is fine...Maybe its some odd "bug" with this session perhaps , I dunno...
thanks for the reply and checking things out on your end brotha !
by Vocalpoint on Fri May 26, 2023 1:04 pm
brettchassen wroteYeah man I don't get it I'm not getting that instruments dropdown on the audio tracks of THIS session ...Yeah track height is fine...Maybe its some odd "bug" with this session perhaps , I dunno...thanks for the reply and checking things out on your end brotha !

Is this a session that crossed over versions of S1 like v4 to v5 or v6?

Also what version of S1 are you using?

Another thing to try is just dump one empty audio track (like that Bounce track) and add it back in.

If still nothing appears - it's deeper than I can go on it - next stop would be Presonus Support.

Cheers

VP

by leosutherland on Sat May 27, 2023 2:40 am
Not sure how related this is, but I offer it for what it is worth

I use multi-out Battery, each output set as the input to a Buss. I have setup a dummy Audio output port (not sure what the actual terminology is?) for each, so my drum busses are set to output to those ports. For each I then created an Audio track (mono), to which I assign the appropriate port as the input and that all works fine, I can record to the Audio track for stems, for example.

All of which is a roundabout way of getting to the point :D that I noticed that when I was assigning the ports as inputs to the audio tracks, I also had the choice to assign as input to the tracks
    Audio Output ports (Outputs in the dropdown)
    Busses
    Tracks
    and Instruments.
When I get back on I'll double-check that, my memory not being as agile as once it was...

Er, what was I saying? :roll:

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.5.2
Serum, Diva, Repro, Synthmaster, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, AIR synths, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4, PPG Wave 3.V, Generate

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, ATOM

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers

11 posts
Page 1 of 1