8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys

I am a happy Studio One user since 2011 !!!
I have seen many update since i was using Studio one vers 1 at first.

I have seen a lot of wonderfull improvemnts in many points but i am still waiting for one that never happen year after years!!

In 2023 with Studio one we shouldn't be using vst drums for our needs.
I ve been working with geist , geist 2, nowedays speedrum...
I have been working with Abelton (drum rack) and Fl Studio were the drum processing is complete and friendly.

I still love Studio one but i really would like those specific points updated in what is oncoming (not sure of my english but i am french sorry!!)

I think we could have some very simple features like:

1-Ability to drag pads quickly without pressing any ctrl button or else
2- Ability to add layers to pads and link pads quickly (the actual way is not intuitive and can be very messy)
3-Possibility to offset or delay the actual zero start point of a layer or a sample .
This way we can create our own drum sounds with many layers and pressing only one pad.

Thanks in advance Presonus for reading this till the end and take note of it.

Peace!!!
by Vocalpoint on Thu May 25, 2023 11:26 am
MANOVA wrote2- Ability to add layers to pads and link pads quickly (the actual way is not intuitive and can be very messy)

I have a pile of Impact XT Kits ALL with very finely multilayered samples just by grabbing my 12 (pre-prepped) snare drum samples from the File Browser, holding CTRL (Or Shift - not in front of the machine right now) and dropping them on an open pad of my choice.

Each pad is autostacked with 12 samples and then each sample is triggered as needed by the pressure applied by my Atom Controller.

Now - there is preparation to get to this stage - but it really does not get any easier than this.

And - no need to shout in your forum topic title - we can hear you :)

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by MANOVA on Thu May 25, 2023 11:37 am
Hi there !

Thank you for your quick answer !
I know exactly what you mean by the way you made your kit with the actual layer process. And this is excatly what i found really unintuitive and make me use another vst drum were it is quicker .

Moreover , it does not solve the start offset feature wich could be really easy to code ( i guess) and change a lot of things for some producers like me who use layering a lot with samples not starting from the same point.

And the simple drag from one pas to another should not be a problem to code as well.

Vocalpoint wroteAnd - no need to shout in your forum topic title - we can hear you

:lol: :lol: Sorry i was scared not to be seen ! then you saw me ! cool !
by Vocalpoint on Thu May 25, 2023 12:23 pm
MANOVA wroteIt does not solve the start offset feature wich could be really easy to code ( i guess) and change a lot of things for some producers like me who use layering a lot with samples not starting from the same point.

You can easily start your sample from wherever you want within the screen at the top of the Impact XT UI. Select a pad, zoom in on it's sample and you should see both start and end playheads that you can drag around and manipulate.

Tons of YT videos go into this with tons of detail.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by MANOVA on Thu May 25, 2023 1:07 pm
Thanks i know that , as i said i use studio one since 2011...
Let me try to make myself clear:

I am talking about delaying the start of a sample .wich is also called offset. As i was adding somme silence before the start of a layer.
For instance if layer 2 samples at the same pad , i would like to be able to delay the start of one of them , then i have a new sound after trigging and setting the velocity , filter etc...

like in Geist or Tal drum or Speedrum , i would like to be able to creat a whole new sound with 2,3,4 layers , using one single pad.

It would be such a great improvment !!!
by Vocalpoint on Thu May 25, 2023 1:34 pm
MANOVA wroteFor instance if layer 2 samples at the same pad, i would like to be able to delay the start of one of them, then i have a new sound after trigging and setting the velocity, filter etc...

Ah - I get it now. And I agree - Impact XT is such a great little tool but it is long overdue for a facelift and some long overdue enhancements.

Here's hoping that Presonus takes a look at this (and actually all the internal S1 instruments) In a future update.

Cheers

VP

by PreAl on Thu May 25, 2023 2:28 pm
It's the same with th Atoms...

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by MANOVA on Thu May 25, 2023 2:49 pm
Vocalpoint wrote
MANOVA wroteFor instance if layer 2 samples at the same pad, i would like to be able to delay the start of one of them, then i have a new sound after trigging and setting the velocity, filter etc...

Ah - I get it now. And I agree - Impact XT is such a great little tool but it is long overdue for a facelift and some long overdue enhancements.

Here's hoping that Presonus takes a look at this (and actually all the internal S1 instruments) In a future update.

Cheers

VP

Yes thanks , i really hope Presonus will finally give those stock tools some improvement that mean a lot for many of us having to use vst drums as we could stay free with S1. That was the point of the bold character :lol: :lol:

Cheers VP

JP

8 posts
Page 1 of 1