16 posts
Page 1 of 1
To any users with Apple M1/M2 machines that might experience some issues with 3rd party plug-ins, please do the following steps:

Please ensure any plug-ins you are running and having issues with have been updated to run natively on Apple Silicon. You can do this by using a free app called 'ArchiChect.' You can download the app here: https://eclecticlight.co/downloads/. All you have to do is open your plug-in using the app. You can do this by navigating to the folder where your VST or AU plug-ins reside, right-clicking the plug-in file, and opening with ArchiChect. It will tell you if it has been updated to run natively on Apple Silicon, as shown in the attached photo.

Attachments
347031682_935292711109610_8924293455634711093_n.jpg

Jonah Walton
Producer | Engineer
------------------------
PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE :!:
------------------------
Mac Studio M2 Ultra 24C CPU / 60C GPU 64GB/1TB
ASUS ProArt PA328QV 32" Monitor 2560 X 1440
MacBook Pro 16" M3 Max 16C CPU / 40C GPU 48GB/1TB
macOS 14.4 - RME UCX II & Babyface Pro FS
Plugins - Too Many :shock:
by j0001s on Wed May 24, 2023 3:49 pm
My preferred app for that is PlugInfo. It provides a status for all of your plugins with a single click. Available here: https://www.thinkersnacks.com/as-pluginfo.html
by nicocaramel on Thu May 25, 2023 5:54 am
Actually I have some vst in this case.
And they work fine on reaper (on M2 silicon)... please @presonus let us decide what works and what not... let us choose...

N.
by donaldbaarns on Sun May 28, 2023 11:42 am
nicocaramel wroteActually I have some vst in this case.
And they work fine on reaper (on M2 silicon)... please @presonus let us decide what works and what not... let us choose...

N.

PreSonus will drop VST2 at some point, since the developers of VST also stopped that support. That's smart. When the developers of the standard stop supporting it, PreSonus can easily get stuck troubleshooting something that is unsupported by the VST standard.

VST also supports extensions, so not all VST is compatible with all DAWs, even if the plug-in itself says "VST". Some VST plug-ins will work in some DAWs and not others...

That's the way it's always been... If a plug-in developer needs an extension, they can work directly with the DAW developer to make sure that extension is supported... The DAW dev team decides if that integration is worth it.

You see it directly in iZotope RX. Some RX VST plug-ins work in Pro Tools (PT), but NOT in Reaper, Studio One or some other DAWs. Some DAWs imitate the PT VST extensions.

Not as simple as it looks, not all extensions are worth supporting.

PreSonus takes a smart path overall, supporting what is still supported by the VST developers, but not always covering all extensions some DAWs are including.

Don

S1 v6.x Pro - latest version
PreSonus Studio 26, IO 24, Atom
Eris E5s
iZotope RX10 Advanced
Win 11 Pro-32GB RAM-AMD 3900x
AMD 5700XT
Windows 10 Pro-16 GB RAM
MacOS Ventura (13.4) iMac i5 w 8 GB RAM

FB group: Studio One Users-Audiobooks, VO and Podcaster focused:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudioOneNarrationVO/

Studio One and iZotope RX Courses for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.VOJumpstart.com/

Studio One and iZotope RX Videos for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedBaarnsAudio
by johnnygeib2 on Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:33 pm
So far so good here with a Mac Mini 8 GB system. I don't use many 3rd party plugins but the few I do so far are having no issues at all.

by tomorrowstk on Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:19 pm
I haven't had any real issue with 3rd party plugins at all on M1 system. I have had this strange issue with the native Presonus Expander plugin. I wish someone that is running the same system as me could give it a try. I am on a Mac Studio M1 Max with 32GB Ram (the stock M1 Max max studio) and when I insert the expander on anything, lets say a drum loop, I hit play and all is working fine. Then I hit stop and play again, the expander doesn't work. I have to click the power on/off button on the plugin to get it to work again. I made a case several months back but we didn't get anywhere on it. If someone out there has the Mac Studio M1max model and wants to give this a go and see what you get that would be great.
by jonahwalton on Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:24 am
tomorrowstk wroteI haven't had any real issue with 3rd party plugins at all on M1 system. I have had this strange issue with the native Presonus Expander plugin. I wish someone that is running the same system as me could give it a try. I am on a Mac Studio M1 Max with 32GB Ram (the stock M1 Max max studio) and when I insert the expander on anything, lets say a drum loop, I hit play and all is working fine. Then I hit stop and play again, the expander doesn't work. I have to click the power on/off button on the plugin to get it to work again. I made a case several months back but we didn't get anywhere on it. If someone out there has the Mac Studio M1max model and wants to give this a go and see what you get that would be great.

I am going to test this today.

Jonah Walton
Producer | Engineer
------------------------
------------------------
by jonahwalton on Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:45 pm
tomorrowstk wroteI haven't had any real issue with 3rd party plugins at all on M1 system. I have had this strange issue with the native Presonus Expander plugin. I wish someone that is running the same system as me could give it a try. I am on a Mac Studio M1 Max with 32GB Ram (the stock M1 Max max studio) and when I insert the expander on anything, lets say a drum loop, I hit play and all is working fine. Then I hit stop and play again, the expander doesn't work. I have to click the power on/off button on the plugin to get it to work again. I made a case several months back but we didn't get anywhere on it. If someone out there has the Mac Studio M1max model and wants to give this a go and see what you get that would be great.

I am not able to reproduce this here on my system.

Jonah Walton
Producer | Engineer
------------------------
------------------------
by tomorrowstk on Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:05 am
jonahwalton wrote

Thank you for testing this. I have done a complete wipe of the system and everything and it still has this issue with native expander. Just curious, was this a M1 Mac Studio or the M2?
Last edited by tomorrowstk on Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
by jonahwalton on Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:06 am
tomorrowstk wrote
jonahwalton wrote

Thank you for testing this. I have done a complete wipe of the system and everything and it still has this issue withe native expander. Just curious, was this a M1 Mac Studio or the M2?

M2

Jonah Walton
Producer | Engineer
------------------------
------------------------
by tomorrowstk on Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:10 am
[/quote]
M2[/quote]

Ok, I wonder if it is just my particular system? I only have the M1 Max Mac Studio. I do appreciate you testing it out.
by stephenboyke1 on Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:29 pm
You can have ArchiChect check several plugins at the same time (from the same folder) by selecting more than one. The multiple info windows open up on top of each other so you'll have to drag them away from each other, or simple read one at a time and close them one at a time.
by michaelterry6 on Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:05 am
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/2krowaau ... hpnva&dl=0

Hey folks…. I’m doing a lot of my work in LUNA and UAD….. to utilize sound variations in Studio One and the VSL libraries I create a rough mix in LUNA, move it over to S1 to do my string arrangement using vst 3 version of the syncron player. I have invested in the new Duality Strings which are fabulous BTW. So I have 1 stereo track with the mix and five instrument tracks with a string section assigned to each track… vln1,vln 2, etc. I’ve done this before and it’s always been simple…. Now for some reason every time I change tracks to work on a different section the beach ball starts to spin and I wait 10 to 15 seconds before I can continue. My Mac has 128 gigs of ram and I have an ultra max M1 chip…. anyone have any ideas? VSL has a great thing going with Studio One where as great templates for sound variations come right up but what good are they if I spend the whole time watching the beach ball. Putting the strings into VEPRO is a bit more smooth running but then I lose the cool templates from Vienna. Included in this text is a link to a video demonstrating this issue

also happening with kontakt, Komplete Kontrol and opus

Mac Studio M1 ultra max 128 gigs
Apollo Twinx with satellite
Studio one v6
Monterrey os
Running natively…not Rosetta
by johnboyd4 on Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:29 am
I just use rosetta. I dont run S1 native. It runs like poop native.

jonahwalton wroteTo any users with Apple M1/M2 machines that might experience some issues with 3rd party plug-ins, please do the following steps:

Please ensure any plug-ins you are running and having issues with have been updated to run natively on Apple Silicon. You can do this by using a free app called 'ArchiChect.' You can download the app here: https://eclecticlight.co/downloads/. All you have to do is open your plug-in using the app. You can do this by navigating to the folder where your VST or AU plug-ins reside, right-clicking the plug-in file, and opening with ArchiChect. It will tell you if it has been updated to run natively on Apple Silicon, as shown in the attached photo.

Mac Studio M1 Ultra running Ventura
RME MADIFACE PRO > FERROFISH A32 PRO AD/DA. FOCAL TWIN 6be MONITORS, GRACE M905 CONTROLLER, MANLEY, IGS, UA Audio, PULTEC, MAAG, WES AUDIO, NEVE, HERITAGE AUDIO, BETTERMAKER, Yada yada
by Blame Karma on Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:04 am
johnboyd4 wroteI just use rosetta. I dont run S1 native. It runs like poop native.

Are you sure that is not because some 3rd party plugins are not running optimized? Some AUs are wrapped and run like a dog when used in native ARM mode.

Mac Mini M1 / Ryzen 1700X - W10 / Sphere / 1810c / Apollo Twin
by mixedbymatty on Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:33 am
Using TONNNNNS of 3rd party plugins on my M2 MacStudio.

No issues over here. Studio one 6.5 has been super stable for me.

Mixing & Mastering Engineer
https://mixandmastermysong.com

16 posts
Page 1 of 1