22 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
If it wouldn't be too much trouble. In the next update could you PLEASE give us more (or some better) track icons? The telephone, the devil horns with "rock", the ipad, or the shamisen are kinda useless to most of us. Who even plays a shamisen? My wife is Japanese and she doesn't even play one. An icon for "automation" would have been more useful. Or a "reverb", or "delay" icon would be great. Even a school bus icon would be more useful than a smiley face. It seems the person who was tasked with coming up with the icons does not produce or mix. Am I right?

And being able to put two icons on the same track would be great too. I have a bus right now with strings and a piano. But I can only pick the icon for one or the other. On a 100-track session its easy to lose track of whats going to what aux bus..

Thanks
Most Of Us

Mac Studio M1 Ultra running Ventura
RME MADIFACE PRO > FERROFISH A32 PRO AD/DA. FOCAL TWIN 6be MONITORS, GRACE M905 CONTROLLER, MANLEY, IGS, UA Audio, PULTEC, MAAG, WES AUDIO, NEVE, HERITAGE AUDIO, BETTERMAKER, Yada yada
by Lokeyfly on Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:23 am
A good number of users are asking for more track/channel icons. I think since they put their toe in the water starting this from version 6, you'll see more track/channel icons. Probably even in color. More than likely, even the ability to import your own. It might unfortunately for some, be only during those major point five and point zero updates. I don't necessarily use them, as I find consistent colors to handle most general catagories, and naming to help (not a lot because the text field is friggin small. A lot of my tracks have four or five instruments merged as well. So I'll never really have a good handle on visibility, but colonizing at least keeps me a little aware if it's a bass track (Yel), synth (Vio), drums (tan), guitar (blu), piano (gray), etc.

I hope you and others get the icons you need. I also hope it doesn't take up some of the alloted room for other developmental improvements the program still needs. Ven rudimentary needs. We'll see.

I'd say FR it, but the lack of FR feedback from this forum, and erased or deleted FR's I know were there in the Questions forum that are now gone and not implemented, leave me feeling there is a huge disconnect along that path. But that's what I see.
More icons will no doubt happen.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by PreAl on Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:57 pm
Indeed.
That feature requests forum is a mess that needs to be cleaned up. Presonus should use better software to submit and vote for feature requests.... and to see the top 40 charts of what people want. New requests should go through moderator approval IMHO so they can check for dupes.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by garybowling on Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:55 am
I didn't even know there were track icons until I saw this thread :)

And I've been using S1 for years! Almost every day! Learn something new every day. Thanks.

ASUS laptop (AMD 5900HX), 32G, 2x2TB SSD, Win11-64, RME UFX & BabyFace, Studio One Pro 6, Addictive Drums2, Izotope 10, Soothe2, Waves, many plugins, Melodyne Studio 5, all versions updated frequently

The Moderns,
https://open.spotify.com/artist/1x6Fd133GftlRyRYl0xgjf
by vasilykorytov on Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:57 am
I don't know, why you're speaking for 'most of us', I personally don't use and don't need track icons.

do you have some poll to state majority of users need them?

by Vocalpoint on Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:11 am
vasilykorytov wroteI don't know, why you're speaking for 'most of us', I personally don't use and don't need track icons. Do you have some poll to state majority of users need them?

Vasily

This thread is just as valid as any other in the forum - I do not see any point in you getting all offended by this ask.

I also do not get a vibe that the OP is "speaking" for "most of us" either. He is simply asking for more icons.

If you don't like/use/care about track icons - then your logical move is to simply ignore the thread.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by PreAl on Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:10 am
I agree it's no big deal at all, but people who use the word "we" rather than "I", and attempt to speak for all users (or "most"), as though they have somehow mind melded with the borg, is a pet hate of mine.

He literally signed it "Thanks - Most Of Us"

Regardless I agree, a trivial point but not without some merit, and I don't disagree with what the OP wants.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Lokeyfly on Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:15 pm
I didn't really catch the we part, or it make much of it. I guess the OP was just trying to bolster his point because there are a few other similar requests on this topic. That's fair. I respect that we all have needs, and that will help take our progress further.

It's me they don't listen to! (Joking)

Hey garybowling, you've got v6 bro! Slap on some track/channel icons. You can resize them, and at times, when tracks are high, I've even thrown some in myself (keep that on the down low - shhhhh).
If I have multiple synths of any sort, I use the icon showing two synths. Icons are simple representations. No need to fuss if there's a Strat guitar and not an LP. Though I can imagine it probably erks some. Say, is that a Fender Stratocaster? :)
Actually, the phone is a reasonable and old school indicator of an outside line in the Studio. Of course, the norm now is to tilt the phone towards you so the light shows a call. Hey, they're just trying to implement it. Icons will most certainly be improved on in the next bigger bang update.

In the final analysis, I hope the OP and others get their Icons, as well as developers listen to us other beggers.
Or was that, buggers?

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by garybowling on Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:48 pm
Lokeyfly wroteHey garybowling, you've got v6 bro! Slap on some track/channel icons. You can resize them, and at times, when tracks are high, I've even thrown some in myself (keep that on the down low - shhhhh).

HA! I'll do that! Funny thing too, Down Low is the name of a song on our new album that will be out later this year! haha.

gabo

ASUS laptop (AMD 5900HX), 32G, 2x2TB SSD, Win11-64, RME UFX & BabyFace, Studio One Pro 6, Addictive Drums2, Izotope 10, Soothe2, Waves, many plugins, Melodyne Studio 5, all versions updated frequently

The Moderns,
https://open.spotify.com/artist/1x6Fd133GftlRyRYl0xgjf
by Lokeyfly on Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:22 pm
Good name!

All the best,
James

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by vasilykorytov on Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:55 am
Vocalpoint wroteThis thread is just as valid as any other in the forum - I do not see any point in you getting all offended by this ask.

offended? hell no.

but there're lots of things to improve in Studio One. I've been waiting for a bug-free 'duplicate and record-arm track' macro since v3, for example. or the recent story about broken timing in v6 when reading older files, that's not fixed yet.

and now I read a post that 'most of us' need more track icons and that's it. of course, I disagree with that. and it's also a valid post in this forum.

by Vocalpoint on Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:39 pm
vasilykorytov wrote And now I read a post that 'most of us' need more track icons and that's it. of course, I disagree with that. And it's also a valid post in this forum.

True - your post is valid and it's fine for you to disagree with it too. But it's not a competition.

If you disagree with more icons that's fine - just ignore it and move on.

I disagree with a ton of stuff in here too - but I don't feel the need to comment every time either.

As far as your requests - throw them up here if it makes you feel better.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by PreAl on Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:28 pm
We are not amused.

Sorry could not help myself, I'll try harder ;)

by leosutherland on Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:13 am
PreAl wroteWe are not amused.

Delusions of grandeur? :D

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.5.2
Serum, Diva, Repro, Synthmaster, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, AIR synths, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4, PPG Wave 3.V, Generate

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, ATOM

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers
by vasilykorytov on Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:45 am
Vocalpoint wroteIf you disagree with more icons that's fine - just ignore it and move on.

excuse me, are you a moderator on this forum? if not -- please don't advice me what to do, I never asked for that.

I've asked a question to the OP, you jumped in not answering the question, but telling me to ignore this thread instead. this is plainly rude.

by AAV on Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:32 am
vasilykorytov wrote
Vocalpoint wroteIf you disagree with more icons that's fine - just ignore it and move on.

excuse me, are you a moderator on this forum? if not -- please don't advice me what to do, I never asked for that.

I've asked a question to the OP, you jumped in not answering the question, but telling me to ignore this thread instead. this is plainly rude.

You literally opened another user's thread only to add for him not to speak for all, then proceded to speak for all in outlining what should REALLY be fixed. (Who's "rude"?)

Studio One 6.5.2 Pro, Audient ID4 mark II,
Gigabyte Designair Z390, 32GB DDR4 3200, Intel i9-9900K 4.8 GHZ, 2 TB & 1 TB SSD, 3 x 1TB 7200 rpm HDD, Windows 11 Pro 64 22H2
by Vocalpoint on Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:55 am
AAV wroteYou literally opened another user's thread only to ask for him not to speak for all, then proceeded to speak for all in outlining what should REALLY be fixed. (Who's "rude"?)

Exactly what I was thinking but I didn't want to - you know - appear rude :)

VP

by johnboyd4 on Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:22 pm
I can't believe you wasted your time writing that.,

Some of us have less than great vision and its a lot easier to see tracks with the icons. I often produce and mix sessions with 100 tracks or more when you count aux buses and automation tracks. I guess if you are mixing sessions with 10 tracks then, like you said "dont need or use them"
You take a "most of us" poll and get back to me with the stats and I will update my post..
Thx buddy.

vasilykorytov wroteI don't know, why you're speaking for 'most of us', I personally don't use and don't need track icons.

do you have some poll to state majority of users need them?

RME MADIFACE PRO > FERROFISH A32 PRO AD/DA. FOCAL TWIN 6be MONITORS, GRACE M905 CONTROLLER, MANLEY, IGS, UA Audio, PULTEC, MAAG, WES AUDIO, NEVE, HERITAGE AUDIO, BETTERMAKER, Yada yada
by johnboyd4 on Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:24 pm
Thank you brother.. I agree with you...

quote="Vocalpoint"]
vasilykorytov wrote And now I read a post that 'most of us' need more track icons and that's it. of course, I disagree with that. And it's also a valid post in this forum.

True - your post is valid and it's fine for you to disagree with it too. But it's not a competition.

If you disagree with more icons that's fine - just ignore it and move on.

I disagree with a ton of stuff in here too - but I don't feel the need to comment every time either.

As far as your requests - throw them up here if it makes you feel better.

VP[/quote]

by PreAl on Mon May 29, 2023 7:41 am
Another thing kinda on this subject, the device list where we are setting up devices (tabular layout), that needs to be rethought out with a fresh coat of paint to make the settings clearer, and icons/ability to upload images for each device would be cool. Adding and editing devices needs a UI revision too.

22 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2