7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi
I have Sudio one 6.1 latest version
I have Native instruments as an additional DAW -KOMPLETE 14 COLLECTORS EDITION
The problem I have is the Size of the DAWs in Presonus and unless I increase my Windows settings to 300% I can hardly read the non Presonus instruments even on a 60inch TV which I use as a monitor - any suggestions would be welcome - see attached screenshot
1. Studo one Presence instrument vs
2. Native Instruments DAW - Absynth Stereo

Screenshot3.jpg

If I open the DAW outside of Studio one it sis decent size to read and use

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit
64Gig Ram
60 Inch TV Monitor

Mac Air - Mojave 10.14.5 - 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7 - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
--------
Studio One 4.5 Pro
Scarlett Focusrite 6i6 2nd Generation
Native Instruments - Komplete 11 Ultimate
by Trucky on Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:36 am
What resolution is your TV set to?

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by Vocalpoint on Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:41 am
andrewbailey2 wrote I have Native instruments as an additional DAW -KOMPLETE 14 COLLECTORS EDITION The problem I have is the Size of the DAWs in Presonus and unless I increase my Windows settings to 300% I can hardly read the non Presonus instruments even on a 60inch TV which I use as a monitor - any suggestions would be welcome

Andrew

Your TV MUST have (and be set to) PC Mode for starters - not any other mode that your TV offers. Dig around in the settings for your TV to find this. And most importantly - once in PC mode - the resolution must be set to standard HD (1920x1080)

I am using a 2009 Samsung 40-inch LCD here and have been for years. AND I use the video display from my CPU (No third-party video card) and everything works great. Windows 10 Pro text size is 100% and all UIs from Studio One to all my Komplete 14 ULT instruments are normal.

FWIW - even though "4K" remains the most popular "selling" feature of today's monitors and TV - that standard is pushed to consumers based on a movie/video standpoint where more pixels look much sharper.

However - a 4K Blu-ray or Netflix 4K movie stream is NOT the same as a software UI - which I still believe that (in general) - all software vendors (Presonus, Native Instruments etc) - continue to code their apps to behave "normally" in standard HD (1920x1080) resolution - which sets a "minimum" standard baseline requirement for anyone buying a typical computer monitor these days.

If your onscreen items are super tiny - I can tell you right now that your TV resolution is way too high and nothing you can do settings wise (in Windows or otherwise) will make everything look good until every single vendor out there is coding their UIs to work natively (AND normally) in 4K standard resolution.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.6.0.99237 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.249) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by Tacman7 on Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:05 pm
They have been asking for a bigger window since 2013 that I found.

Some plugins have an adjustment that is hard to find so I looked but haven't found it yet.

Don't think it's there.

I use a 43" TV with 1920 x 1080 and 100% scaling.

The thing is still small, I would make it bigger if I could.

EZkeys is supposed to get an update cause it's about the same size.

I don't find it hard to use, I can't run 4k if I wanted to, if I could it would be way smaller.

InstrumentSize.gif

Instruments have grown over the years.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by andrewbailey2 on Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Trucky wroteWhat resolution is your TV set to?

3840 x 2160 200% scale
I see some other replies so I will play around with my settings

--------
Studio One 4.5 Pro
by andrewbailey2 on Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:33 pm
Vocalpoint wrote
andrewbailey2 wrote I have Native instruments as an additional DAW -KOMPLETE 14 COLLECTORS EDITION The problem I have is the Size of the DAWs in Presonus and unless I increase my Windows settings to 300% I can hardly read the non Presonus instruments even on a 60inch TV which I use as a monitor - any suggestions would be welcome

Andrew

Your TV MUST have (and be set to) PC Mode for starters - not any other mode that your TV offers. Dig around in the settings for your TV to find this. And most importantly - once in PC mode - the resolution must be set to standard HD (1920x1080)

I am using a 2009 Samsung 40-inch LCD here and have been for years. AND I use the video display from my CPU (No third-party video card) and everything works great. Windows 10 Pro text size is 100% and all UIs from Studio One to all my Komplete 14 ULT instruments are normal.

FWIW - even though "4K" remains the most popular "selling" feature of today's monitors and TV - that standard is pushed to consumers based on a movie/video standpoint where more pixels look much sharper.

However - a 4K Blu-ray or Netflix 4K movie stream is NOT the same as a software UI - which I still believe that (in general) - all software vendors (Presonus, Native Instruments etc) - continue to code their apps to behave "normally" in standard HD (1920x1080) resolution - which sets a "minimum" standard baseline requirement for anyone buying a typical computer monitor these days.

If your onscreen items are super tiny - I can tell you right now that your TV resolution is way too high and nothing you can do settings wise (in Windows or otherwise) will make everything look good until every single vendor out there is coding their UIs to work natively (AND normally) in 4K standard resolution.

VP

Thanks I will play around with my TV & PC settings as PC settings are currently
3840 x 2160 200% scale
I see some other replies so I will play around with my settings

--------
Studio One 4.5 Pro
by PreAl on Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:31 am
Sadly after all this time Native Instruments plugins aren't scalable. It's unbelievable they still haven't sorted this.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1