4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I just added a second monitor, Asus 21” touch screen to my laptop. Running. Win10 pro s1 v 6.1.1.
If I create a project or open an existing one and drag the console to the second monitor none of controls respond to touch
If I open any other app on the touch screen they respond to touch
If I open s1 v5 the second monitor responds to touch.
If I make the touch monitor the main (it’s in extended mode) v6 console responds as it should.
I have support ticket open and we went through several troubleshooting steps to no avail.
So bottom line v6 does not respond to touch on the extended mode touch screen (even the main track screen)
by bartbalint on Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:51 pm
We probably have our touch screens set up differently. I have three monitors, and the third is a Huion touchscreen that is set to duplicate my main monitor. The Huion works well with StudioOne v6.1. I use the Huion mainly for drawing and painting. Sorry, I can't help more.

I am sure Support had you go through and update your video and touchscreen monitor drivers to the latest versions.

Studio One v6.5, Win11 latest build, Quantum2, Huion Tablet, ATOM, GR55, HPD-20, iRigKeys, Mackie Big Knob, Elgato StreamDeck+, 8-)
by PreAl on Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:32 pm
musicman100 wroteIf I create a project or open an existing one and drag the console to the second monitor none of controls respond to touch

Technically by design, the app is opening a child window of that main application. It still thinks it's part of that app window on the main monitor, it's the default behaviour.with child windows

Of course this is hardly optimal behaviour, and an enhancement would be required to sort it out and make that window operate independently within its own spawned process. From a developer perspective it may not be a simple fix.

Then again you say this works in V5, which would show us that this enhancement is already there, so clearly something changed if so. I very much doubt this is a drivers issue, likely to be studio one code.

But there is absolutely.no harm in updating the driver and I'll probably.be proved wrong.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by musicman100 on Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:51 am
Thanks all all for the suggestions.
As of this time tech support cannot duplicate my issue
The fact that v5 works perfectly tends to steer me away from a monitor/win10 issue on the surface
Also the fact that If I set the touch screen monitor as the main display makes v6 behave as it should
Also any other program or app works when the touch screen is set up as extended.
Btw all the latest drivers installed win 10 on latest update
Laptop has latest bios and drivers
Hopefully they will find a patch for me

4 posts
Page 1 of 1