3 posts
Page 1 of 1
For some time now, anytime I stop playback, there's a VERY LOUD burst of harsh digital noise.

It seems starts happening after my track count gets up over 10 or so. Lots of VST instruments plus audio tracks. And was happening before the 6.1 update.

I do not use time stretch or pitch shift, BTW.

I've increased the buffer size to the maximum -- I think it's 2,048? That helps but of course slows things down and is not suitable for tracking. And it is super loud, hurts my ears.

Anyone else getting this? See my sig for my system specs.

Studio One Professional 6.5.2, Faderport 2018, Apollo Twin, UAD Octo x 2, iMac Pro Monterey 12.7.3 w/ 64 gigs of RAM, Genelec 8341A monitors.

I make pop and film music. Listen here
by Blame Karma on Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:06 am
With the issues you have, it seems something is not gelling right on your Mac. I suspect some plug-in causing havoc.
Your issues are not normal and is definitely not a generic Studio One issue.
Do you use AU or VST3 plug-ins? Try using only VST3.
Loud bursts of digital noise is either a plug-in causing havoc or your interface buffer struggling in an unusual way.
A device buffer of 2048 is too high, do not set it higher than 1024. S1 seems to work optimally with 64 or 128 with Dropout Protection set to max.

Mac Mini M1 / Ryzen 1700X - W10 / Sphere / 1810c / Apollo Twin
by PreAl on Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:37 am
Still sounds very much like a plugins and/or your audio interface firmware and drivers need updating.

Here:
https://www.uaudio.com/downloads/uad/

Also put a gate over your main output.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1