1 post
Page 1 of 1
Hi

TDLR: Can someone provide a tutorial on how to set up an X/Y pad using S1 and the Remote app?

My system: Latest version of S1 Artist / remote app. Windows 10.

Full description:

I have been looking for a way to control an X/Y pad in S1 for quite some time now.
As so many VST's have X/Y pads it seems odd that a physical controller does not exists, or that an X/Y pad is not built into S1 natively....

...Well, it seems that it is!

I came across this article.

https://macprovideo.com/article/audio-software/make-an-xy-pad-with-presonus-studio-ones-macros

Great, I thought! The problem is, I cannot get it to work.
My problem arises at the point in the tutorial where it says open the track inspector and click the icon that looks like a clock.
I must have clicked something that caused this to disappear - I went through the tutorial and *initially* the clock icon was there and I managed to get an X/Y pad to work using the mouse (which was fantastic).
When I went back to complete the tutorial, the icon had disappeared, and I have spent way too many hours trying to get it back.

Is there anyone with a more comprehensive knowledge of Studio One that can give a better or a more updated explanation as to how to achieve this?

Many thanks
Chris

[If anyone from Presonus are listening]

Joe and Gregor make some really useful tutorials (which have taught me everything I need to know - big respect). Recently, they seems to be scratching around for subjects to discuss (or so it seems to me). This would make a fantastic topic for a video. It was only through scouring google that I found that the remote app actually exists (yeah, then I found the video on the subject).
I am sure that many would find this topic more than a little useful).
Also, I could only find a one minute tutorial from Gregor on the track inspector - I do not know if a fuller (and more up to date) explanation is out there. If not, I think it deserves a little more attention - you could call it 'what happened to my clock icon?' (!).
Some more indepth tutorials on some of the more advanced features of S1 would be *very* usful for those who have been using it for some years.

Otherwise, keep up the great work it is *really* appreciated.

1 post
Page 1 of 1