62 postsPage 3 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
Since upgrading to 6.1, I've started receiving frequent system crashes (hangs) when editing waveforms (gain envelope). Anyone else seen this? I don't have trouble anywhere else. I have plenty of system resources (PC Audiolab MCX2020, Win 10, 3.6GHz, 128 GB RAM)?
by wdkbeats on Thu May 04, 2023 12:57 pm
randynwood wroteSince upgrading to 6.1, I've started receiving frequent system crashes (hangs) when editing waveforms (gain envelope). Anyone else seen this? I don't have trouble anywhere else. I have plenty of system resources (PC Audiolab MCX2020, Win 10, 3.6GHz, 128 GB RAM)?

Same here - Studio One hangs when performing editing tasks (most frequently when moving audio clips). Anyway, back to Reaper.

PC: AMD Ryzen 3900X, 32GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz CL16, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8GB, SSD CORSAIR SSD MP510 960GB M.2 NVMe (OS)
DAW: Studio One Professional x64
Gear: RME Fireface 802 + RME Advanced Remote, Prometheus Acoustics monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, JBL 305p, Softube Console 1, Presonus Faderport, AKAI Advance 61, Presonus Faderport, Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
by rokko101 on Tue May 09, 2023 10:10 am
Hello there.

Yes. Frecuent spinning wheel (force quit) on Mac OS as well when resizing or fading audio events. Troublesome enough to stop using this version on Studio One as this can happen several times during an edition session.

MacOS 12.6, Mac Pro 2012 Xeon 3.06Ghz 24Gb RAM, Mac Mini 2012 i7, Studio One v.6 , Presonus Studio 192, AudioBox iOne.
by ansolas on Sat May 13, 2023 10:57 am
kristianginorio wroteStudio One 6.1.1 Is SLOW! V5 works FAST I have a Mac With M1 Pro Processor, what is going on Presonus? are you guys ok? We Pay money for Updates but the program keeps getting worst :cry:

When I drag an EQ in the empty space of a new project, it is added instantly here on my macMini M1 16GB RAM 1TB SSD.

Presonus StudioOne 6, Apple Logic Pro
__
macOS, macMini M1 1TB SSD / 16 GB RAM,
MOTU M2, Behringer X-Touch & 2*X-Touch Extender,
https://ansolas.de
by risotto on Sat May 13, 2023 1:37 pm
wdkbeats wrote
randynwood wroteSince upgrading to 6.1, I've started receiving frequent system crashes (hangs) when editing waveforms (gain envelope). Anyone else seen this? I don't have trouble anywhere else. I have plenty of system resources (PC Audiolab MCX2020, Win 10, 3.6GHz, 128 GB RAM)?

Same here - Studio One hangs when performing editing tasks (most frequently when moving audio clips). Anyway, back to Reaper.

Have the exact same thing. A lot of hangs/crashes since 6.1.1 mainly while editing events, a lot on adjusting the fade out.
Also in extremely small projects. Already contacted the support with the diagnose report. Sadly until now every tryout the support and I did were with no luck getting closer to the problem.
Last tryout was replacing my RME audio interface driver with Asio4All but with no success.

S1Pro V5 (always on latest release) + S1Pro V4 for older projects. Win10 64bit - Intel i7 6700k - 32gig RAM - MSI z170 Board - SSDs - NVIDIA graphics - no32bitanymore
by PreAl on Sat May 13, 2023 2:07 pm
Strongly advise fully uninstalling ASIO4ALL and rebooting even if the driver is not being used. It stays memory resident and is a crash magnet.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by garyanderson5 on Sun May 14, 2023 10:30 am
I thought it was just me but something is off with editing in S1. I am not even using 6.1 i was using 6 then 6.0.2. I changed my mouse out because i thought it was my mouse causing the problems but no.

I can't even explain what the issue is because it's random as hell and even worse using duel screens. It's always based round editing at a track level like the DAW is confused on what command it's supposed to use or have in focus. It's mainly on the audio side not midi.

S1 loses focus far to easy while editing or moving parts or data round then latches onto something else. It's almost like focus lag till it catches up. I have lost count how many times it's lost focus and jumped onto something else by mistake and adjusted something it shouldn't even be focused on, just because it was in the path of where i am moving the data to. V5's work flow is intact and true to previous versions but something is sadley wrong in V6. Stick to key commands or macro's and it's all good, click drag move around and it's another story altogether. Using a second screen is a mess. Blank plugin gui almost every start up, editor window opening instead of the track insert you selected.The fuller the project the worse it is with everything above.

I don't get crashes and I don't have spinning cashe problems but the work flow is not the same. It's sloppy and glitchy instead of smooth and accurate. Stability isn't a problem for me it just doesn't flow like Studio One 5 or any previous version i am used to at all. It's gone from simple and precise to hang on, sometime's I get confused what you asked me to do.

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by Garrie on Mon May 15, 2023 5:04 pm
I'm unable to click on events in the project page any more.

Used to be you could click them and it would select that track and allow you to manipulate the event controls like fade-in/fade-out/clip gain, etc.

Can still do these things in a song, but not in a project.

Anyone have similar issues or a fix?

Studio One Professional 6 6.1.1.92984
Windows 11 Home 22H2
Desktop, 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K 3.60 GHz, 32.0 GB RAM
by antoniodelmanto on Wed May 17, 2023 1:11 am
Hi, I wanted a hand to get started and quickly understand how the software works. I have to edit the voice with effects using equalizer, compressor, microphone preamplifier etc... I would like to know which software is more suitable for my needs and how to open the PLUG INs and install them... thanks.
by jih64 on Thu May 18, 2023 11:05 pm

For every Arthur C Clarke quoter, there is a know-all who likes to quote Arthur C Clarke
- unknown
by Verb1 on Fri May 19, 2023 9:20 am
wdkbeats wrote

Not just you. I get maybe 1 crash per day now, . Sometimes when dropping wav files in, sometimes when editing wav files. Sometimes for no reason at all. Only since updating to 6.1.1 on my Intel Macbook, running OS Monterey. Definitely stability issues. Presonus, please get on top of this ASAP.
by wdkbeats on Fri May 19, 2023 10:55 am
Had to do some work in S1 today. v6.1.1 is crashing everytime during audio editing operations - simple tasks like moving clips back and forth or adjusting fades.

Also, gain envelope is broken, it has something to do with high latency plugins or latency compensation. When using such plugin anywhere in the mix, the gain envelope changes occur too early.

But that's not all - just had a situation when adding +0,5dB gain of an audio event with gain envelope sounded like +3dB of gain. No idea what's going on, rolling back to previous release to check if it works.

PC: AMD Ryzen 3900X, 32GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz CL16, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8GB, SSD CORSAIR SSD MP510 960GB M.2 NVMe (OS)
Gear: RME Fireface 802 + RME Advanced Remote, Prometheus Acoustics monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, JBL 305p, Softube Console 1, Presonus Faderport, AKAI Advance 61, Presonus Faderport, Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
by wdkbeats on Fri May 19, 2023 11:32 am
Quick update: none of the issues decribed in the post above occur in v6.1.0.

by jih64 on Sat May 20, 2023 12:35 am
wdkbeats wroterolling back to previous release to check if it works.

You might find it easier to new versions to their own folder alongside the previous/others than 'rolling back', that way it's there ready to go at all times. Just incase you are not aware, doesn't take much space. Best of luck with your issues. :thumbup:

For every Arthur C Clarke quoter, there is a know-all who likes to quote Arthur C Clarke
- unknown
by wdkbeats on Sat May 20, 2023 5:12 am
jih64 wrote
wdkbeats wroterolling back to previous release to check if it works.

You might find it easier to new versions to their own folder alongside the previous/others than 'rolling back', that way it's there ready to go at all times. Just incase you are not aware, doesn't take much space. Best of luck with your issues. :thumbup:

Thanks!

Clip gain bug in v6.1.1 confirmed by other users in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=51447

by lhilbert on Sun May 21, 2023 5:25 am
Just wanted to chime in and say that I also experience frequent crashes with 6.1.1 and 6.1.0 while editing Events.
I also downgraded to 6.0 to check, but sadly they don't seem to be backwards compatible as I get a ton of scripting errors when opening my project with that version.

For me it only happens when moving around events and their crossfades while playing them. This is extremely frustrating during editing since I have to make sure to always pause whenever I'm moving around events and if I fail the whole app freezes and I have to kill it via Task Manager and restart from the last save.
I would like to help finding that issue, sadly I can't find anything in the Logfiles and I don't get an error of any sort. The whole app just freezes. I also don't see a change in CPU Usage or Memory during the freeze, so I suspect its some kind of infinite loop in the main thread. It's really easy to reproduce in my session by just dragging around a crossfade while repeatedly playing it.

EDIT: Just added a Test Project and instructions reproduce the issue here:
viewtopic.php?p=302776#p302776
by PreAl on Mon May 22, 2023 12:51 pm
Found a couple of bugs it seems...

STEPS TO REPRO...

a) Add an instrument track.

b) Select input dropdown to Default (BTW this is confusing, if I select another value, and then select "None" the value changes to "Default again". I would expect "None" to be displayed here, or at least both if "Default" is valid).

c) Select output to "None", hit OK.

BUG1.

EXPECTED... Instrument Output and Instrument Input track set to "None".
ACTUAL... Instrument Output set to "None" and Instrument Input set to "All Inputs"

d) Select Instrument output as "None" for track you have just created. Both should be "None" now.

e) Right click, store this as a track preset.

f) Create a new instrument track with the track preset you just created.

BUG2.

EXPECTED... Instrument Output and Instrument Input track set to "None".
ACTUAL... Instrument Output set to "None" and Instrument Input set to "All Inputs" once again.

Thx.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by PreAl on Tue May 23, 2023 7:04 am
Another thing, please please fix this (there are a few issues on the thread):
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=34082

and this:
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=51517

Filed under "workflow killers".

And does anybody have the time to answer this?
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=51538

And this (I don't understand how MIDI latency offset works here, maybe it isn't working):
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=51530

I'm looking at Studio One with fresh eyes.

Thx...

by PreAl on Thu May 25, 2023 10:09 am
6.1.2 is here.

I'm gonna check to see if it resolves some of my issues and then I'll post on the other thread.

by pgbctech on Thu May 25, 2023 11:22 am
i have presonus studio live 24.4.2 board and studio one version 6. How do i set it up so i can play drums live and use the plug-ins sound from studio one in my live pa system. Also vocals etc

62 postsPage 3 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4