5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello! None of my Fab Filter plugins have any of the presets available. I go to the import preset tab in the plugin, and it directs me to exactly where they are located, however, all of them are greyed out and I can't select any of them. I saw somebody do this with Plugin Alliance plugins and it restored all of the presets for them so I figured the same would work for me with Fab Filter plugins, but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

Does anybody know why this is?

Thanks for your time!

Mike.

DAW's:
Studio One Professional 6.5.2
Pro Tools Studio 2023.12.1

Computer:
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
OWC Aura Pro X2 1 TB
AMD FirePro D300 2 GB
Mac OS 12.7.3 Monterey

Interface:
Audient EVO 16 w/ two Audient SP8's

Monitor:
LG 32' LCD connected via HDMI
Samsung 27" LCD connected via HDMI to Thunderbolt adapter
by Blame Karma on Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:03 am
The import presets function is an internal S1 presets function, not from Fabfilter.
The Fabfilter presets are in the plug-in on the top right, not in the generic plug-in header.
Plugin Alliance uses the plug-in header for preset management, so you cannot compare them.

Mac Mini M1 / Ryzen 1700X - W10 / Sphere / 1810c / Apollo Twin
by bradch00 on Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:21 am
In the Fabfilter preset pull down menu (upper right of the plug-in), there should be an “options” selection at the bottom of the list. Select Options > Restore Factory Presets.
If that fails try locating them using Options > Change Preset Folder and navigate to where they should be.
Currently the default is; Documents/FabFilter/Presets/, however if you are running older versions then try; ~/Library/Audio/Presets/FabFilter/

Mac Studio M1 Max 64GB RAM 1TB Flash
5 x 2TB SSD Thunderbolt
2 x 1TB SSD USB
2 X 16TB spinning disk for backup
DAW: Studio One, Pro Tools Studio
Interface: Presonus Quantum, Black Lion (Red) Sparrow A/D
Nectar LX88, Yamaha DTX III Extreme
Control Surface: Faderport & Faderport 8
by mikesupina on Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:05 pm
Blame Karma wroteThe import presets function is an internal S1 presets function, not from Fabfilter.
The Fabfilter presets are in the plug-in on the top right, not in the generic plug-in header.
Plugin Alliance uses the plug-in header for preset management, so you cannot compare them.

Got ya! That makes total sense then. Thank you for the reply! So what is "preset management" in relation to?

DAW's:

Computer:
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
OWC Aura Pro X2 1 TB
AMD FirePro D300 2 GB
Mac OS 12.7.3 Monterey

Interface:

Monitor:
LG 32' LCD connected via HDMI
Samsung 27" LCD connected via HDMI to Thunderbolt adapter
by mikesupina on Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:06 pm
bradch00 wroteIn the Fabfilter preset pull down menu (upper right of the plug-in), there should be an “options” selection at the bottom of the list. Select Options > Restore Factory Presets.
If that fails try locating them using Options > Change Preset Folder and navigate to where they should be.
Currently the default is; Documents/FabFilter/Presets/, however if you are running older versions then try; ~/Library/Audio/Presets/FabFilter/

Thank you for the reply! I really appreciate! I didn't realize that was the case.

One thing that was strange to me is that fabfilter has their presets inthe right side of the plugin (kind of like how Waves has theirs in a different section), but Plugin Alliance has their presets show up in the "preset" drop down menu. I wonder why that is.

DAW's:

Computer:
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
OWC Aura Pro X2 1 TB
AMD FirePro D300 2 GB
Mac OS 12.7.3 Monterey

Interface: