8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey guys,

I`m using Studio One 6.1 with a StudioLive 32S console on Mac Mini M1.
Whenever I was working with the console I did not care that inputs where named like "Input 1, Input 2 .... Input 64" because it was quiet acurate.

Today I`m hooking up my e-drum set Roland TD-50X to Studio One which offers 32 Ins and Outs. I installed all drivers from Roland and all inputs are recognized by Studio One - but they are not named.

Is there a way to "read" it from the device or drive because I saw it YouTube with Version 3.X that this should work - by the way it works on Windows as well :shock:

Thank you for your help!

Alex
by babulmukherjee on Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:26 pm
In the I/O Mapping of Studio One you can set the name of each of your Roland inputs.

See the attached picture. After the input is mapped, you can double click where the red arrow is pointing to rename.

The new name will then be available as your input name, not "Input 2" or whatever.

You can do the same for all inputs and outputs which definitely saves some friction.

Attachments
Roland IO Setup.png

Apple Mac Studio Max 64gb RAM, Ventura, RME UFX III, Studio One 6, Genelec 8330A w/7350A, Sennheiser HD 650
by Tacman7 on Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:34 pm
The way the ports appear across the top is from the OS.

You would have to map out your inputs, play #1 and see what lights up then name the device properly. Rinse and repeat.

Do it once and export it then it can be imported into songs and templates.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by zeitlupe on Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:21 pm
Thank you for your answers!
Sorry that I didn’t say that upfront. I’m talking about the news on top and not on the left…

Back in the days when I was working on the windows machine, the operating system provided automatic names for inputs.
by Tacman7 on Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:48 am
Nothing you can do in S1 to change the top, that comes from the OS probably.

You can change what you see as inputs to your tracks, you create and name the inputs but I haven't seen anything done to the top.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by zeitlupe on Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:56 am
A saw it on youtube with an older version of studio one - maybe it’s fake what the author said:

https://youtu.be/xg2EqThy8Ow (Relevant information starts at 03:56mins)
by Blame Karma on Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:59 am
It may depend what driver you use: WDM or ASIO. Either way, ASIO should be used.

Mac Mini M1 / Ryzen 1700X - W10 / Sphere / 1810c / Apollo Twin
by zeitlupe on Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:45 am
Got the solution!

Inputs and Outputs can be named in the MIDI/Audio Tool in Mac OS! You can find it under Programs > Utilities > Audio-Midi-Setup

Important: You must restart after changes.

Thread close :)

8 posts
Page 1 of 1