5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys!
I've just recorded a young lady with a nice and accurate voice.
Unfortunately, she has a very weak, if any, Vibrato on her longer notes.
I've looked at Melodyne Posts.
Ok, but are there any other tips, hacks or plugins which will help me add some natural sounding Vibrato to some of these longer held notes? :)
Cheers! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Presonus Studio One 6 Pro (always the latest update!) Presonus Sphere Member, Presonus StudioLive 24.4.2.Ai. Too many Waves Plugins. Melodyne 5 Pro, EZ Drummer 2, EZ Keys, Active Drummer, Active Keys. Notion 6. Ozone 10. Ozone Suite including RX 10 etc.
Owner: Footloose Recording Studios. NSW. Australia
by Tacman7 on Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:57 am
I usually remove vibrato, never seen any realistic vibrato created.

I don't get out much though.

I would go through their resources, it's extensive:
https://helpcenter.celemony.com/M5/doc/ ... =studioOne

Maybe give this one a shot:
https://www.google.com/search?q=melodyne+create+vibrato

Curious if you could get it working, maybe put up a sample and get volunteers to try their hand at it.

What version (essential, studio, etc.) you have makes a difference on some things, not sure if this would be one.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by SwitchBack on Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:21 am
I agree on the 'realistic' remark. Still, if you're into experimenting you can try the PreSonus Flanger plug-in. Set the LFO speed to sync to the song's tempo (select an interval that fits the song/singer) and then automate the LFO-amount (you only need a tiny percentage) for a natural swell where you want it.
by garybowling on Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:29 pm
I think your only hope for "realistic" would be Melodyne using the pitch modulation tool. Using some of those tools is tricky and how to best do it is hard to find. Techniques for how to split up blobs into smaller blobs and then do operations on each blob are hard to find. Most of the info seems very basic and geared towards the newbie. I wish there were more extremely detailed and specific instructions.

Another thing that bugs me is that most of the instruction is using it on things that are already very good. I've seen countless videos of tightening up tempo with Melodyne that were all done on things that were already so tight it was easy. Pull in 90% of songs and you get all sort of tempo jumps and "triangle" looking things in the tempo section. Those are the ones that need the help of good tools, but are almost impossible to get right in melodyne without some real in depth techniques, which are very hard to find.

Unfortunately for things like this, trial and error are sometimes the only painful way through.

ASUS laptop (AMD 5900HX), 32G, 2x2TB SSD, Win11-64, RME UFX & BabyFace, Studio One Pro 6, Addictive Drums2, Izotope 10, Soothe2, Waves, many plugins, Melodyne Studio 5, all versions updated frequently

The Moderns,
https://open.spotify.com/artist/1x6Fd133GftlRyRYl0xgjf
by kaygeeeff on Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:42 pm
Hi Guys!
As suspected, no easy solution to this one. :? The voice is a very complicated instrument and not easily modified realistically!!
Thanks for all of your advice and, I'll try all of it.
You never know, I must just get lucky??? :)
Thanks again! :lol:

Presonus Studio One 6 Pro (always the latest update!) Presonus Sphere Member, Presonus StudioLive 24.4.2.Ai. Too many Waves Plugins. Melodyne 5 Pro, EZ Drummer 2, EZ Keys, Active Drummer, Active Keys. Notion 6. Ozone 10. Ozone Suite including RX 10 etc.
Owner: Footloose Recording Studios. NSW. Australia

5 posts
Page 1 of 1