4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Since I started using version 6 I have had this weird issue where if I leave a session open for a few hours and come back to it (about 3 times out of 10) when I hit play it will freeze up. The play button will turn green but the playhead will not move. The session will save but I will get a pinwheel if I try to do anything else. This happens with no plugins as well. I was on windows when V6 came out which is when it started doing it. I'm now on a mac studio and I am having the same issue. So it's obviously a DAW issue. It does it in native AND Rosetta as well.

Is anyone else getting this??

Mac studio 10 core running ventura
RME Madiface pro
Ferrofish A32 pro running 32 channels of analog hardware

Mac Studio M1 Ultra running Ventura
RME MADIFACE PRO > FERROFISH A32 PRO AD/DA. FOCAL TWIN 6be MONITORS, GRACE M905 CONTROLLER, MANLEY, IGS, UA Audio, PULTEC, MAAG, WES AUDIO, NEVE, HERITAGE AUDIO, BETTERMAKER, Yada yada
by PreAl on Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:19 am
Check your power saving settings. I'm not a Mac expert, but in windows I disable any power saving for USB devices in device manager, and I turn off the sleep mode/hybernation features.

It's also possible drivers are misbehaving with power management, but it's hardly an issue if it's all off.

Finally check to see if there are any processes in the mac taking up a lot of CPU or memory. You could also check the CPU of your plugins in studio one (I appreciate you already said you tested it without plugins).

Oh and BTW playhead not moving can often be an issue with the audio interface driver. Make sure your interface is on the latest driver and firmware.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by johnboyd4 on Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:40 am
I do have all the power-saving options off. RME drivers are known for being stable but you never know. Thanks for your reply and help

quote="PreAl"]Check your power saving settings. I'm not a Mac expert, but in windows I disable any power saving for USB devices in device manager, and I turn off the sleep mode/hybernation features.

It's also possible drivers are misbehaving with power management, but it's hardly an issue if it's all off.

Finally check to see if there are any processes in the mac taking up a lot of CPU or memory. You could also check the CPU of your plugins in studio one (I appreciate you already said you tested it without plugins).

Oh and BTW playhead not moving can often be an issue with the audio interface driver. Make sure your interface is on the latest driver and firmware.[/quote]

Mac Studio M1 Ultra running Ventura
RME MADIFACE PRO > FERROFISH A32 PRO AD/DA. FOCAL TWIN 6be MONITORS, GRACE M905 CONTROLLER, MANLEY, IGS, UA Audio, PULTEC, MAAG, WES AUDIO, NEVE, HERITAGE AUDIO, BETTERMAKER, Yada yada
by babulmukherjee on Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:21 pm
Are you running the kernel (v3) drivers or Driverkit (v4) drivers for your RME?

Lots of discussion over at RME's forums over both. I am new in the RME ecosystem but the v4 drivers (with accompanying firmware) for 802 have been good on my Mac Studio so far. Also Ventura 13.3 appears to have fixed some long standing audio issues.

Apple Mac Studio Max 64gb RAM, Ventura, RME UFX III, Studio One 6, Genelec 8330A w/7350A, Sennheiser HD 650

4 posts
Page 1 of 1