24 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Are people entertaining the new waves subscription?
For me this seems to indicate waves being in a bad situation with sales.
I will be interested to see what kind of participation waves will see from their customers going forward.
by AAV on Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:27 pm
lynnseacord wroteAre people entertaining the new waves subscription?
For me this seems to indicate waves being in a bad situation with sales.
I will be interested to see what kind of participation waves will see from their customers going forward.

I won't subscribe. I am wupped to version 14 for everything I use and will look to replace with alternatives as I go along. I like(d) Waves, and lived with WUP but I think they have miscalculated- badly.

Studio One 6.5.2 Pro, Audient ID4 mark II,
Gigabyte Designair Z390, 32GB DDR4 3200, Intel i9-9900K 4.8 GHZ, 2 TB & 1 TB SSD, 3 x 1TB 7200 rpm HDD, Windows 11 Pro 64 22H2
by Lokeyfly on Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:48 pm
Same here. I had thirty plus Waves plugins all in their higher quality selections that I chipped away with great sales through the years. When they pulled their upgrade antics a few years ago, which was basically customer extortion, I phased all but one channel strip (Schepps Omni Channel), and the SSL (bundle). They wanted $279 for me to update all my Waves plugins, and that's when I made a clear decision to phase their products out. If it weren't for the Onmi Channel, I'd have dropped them like a bad habit, long ago.

As for a subscription? That's a laugh. "Baby, you ain't that good". 8-)
I have other excellent Channel strips, and mastering software.

I'm not sure what they're going for as in will it be subscription only. I do not know. I know that I don't trust them and that's enough.

Some companies allow for both purchase ir subscription, such as McDSP and Plugin Alliance, and that's fine. That suits many user's needs.
Last edited by Lokeyfly on Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Vocalpoint on Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:56 pm
lynnseacord wroteAre people entertaining the new waves subscription?

Well - none of us will ever know how it's going or who's buying this. The only tell tale sign is whether the company is still around in 6 months.

I am on Windows, have about 50+ Waves plugs (which are all at v14) when the news came down yesterday. I did not renew any outstanding WUPs despite some aggressive taunting from Waves and can now simply use what I have until it is no longer possible to install them.

As long as my Scheps Omni Channel keeps working - I am good.

But no chance of a sub here regardless of what they might come up with in the future.

Cheers

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by stephenboyke1 on Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:12 pm
I'm at Waves v 14 with over 100 Waves plugins, most of which I never use. I use about 15 of them. I started with Waves Gold v 5 (about 20 years ago) and have WUP'd three times since then, the last time about three months ago, not by paying the WUP fee but by upgrading the bundle (which includes one year of WUP. The new Waves Essential package subscription does not contain many of the Waves plugins I actually use, so when my v 14 perp licenses stop working on some future computer/operating system/DAW (probably in about 5 years, perhaps longer), I would have to subscribe to the Waves Ultimate package subscription to be able to use them all, at $25/month or $250/year.

No thanks. No way. I'll use the Waves plugins I have until I can't use them and then I will abandon them.
by garyshepherd on Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:35 pm
I have been doing the Update Plan for only 3 of the Waves Plugins (out of about 12 that I had purchased) for the last few years - and its only the Greg Wells plugins I will miss, particularly the Voice Centric. The subscription rate for the plugins that includes Voice Centric would be over £200 p.a. - so no way will I be paying that. I have already recreated a very good version of the Voice Centric from EZMix2 and Presonus plugins. Lets hope Presonus have taken note of the furore the Waves decision has made across social media - and keep the license system alongside the Sphere subscription system! I am sure they will - Waves have shot themselves in the foot by overpricing the subscription and pulling the plug (no pun intended) on people who have spent a lot on Waves licenses over the years. Shoddy.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by Tacman7 on Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:57 pm
I read something about subscriptions so I thought they would add a subscription option.

Not so!

----------
Is Waves Creative Access the only way to get Waves plugins now?
Yes, as of March 26, 2023, Waves Creative Access subscriptions are the only way to get Waves plugins. Of course, if you purchased Waves plugins previously, you continue to own them (at the latest version you had prior to the launch of Waves Creative Access).
----------

I find that hard to believe. Be interesting to see how this works out, they are all in on subscriptions.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by PreAl on Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:21 pm
#wavesgoodbye

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by jih64 on Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:39 am
I will keep using my Waves Plugs until the wheels fall off, but I shall not be subscribing.

I own licenses to all bar 12 of the surround/350 plugins.

I like the plugins, not too keen on the company's latest shenanigans, but that's life, it is what it is.

For every Arthur C Clarke quoter, there is a know-all who likes to quote Arthur C Clarke
- unknown
by Robdp on Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:15 am
I've been using Waves since around 2002/3 and I've never encountered more of a money hungry, despicable company than them.

I've paid thousands over the years for the Mercury Bundle, WUP, updates etc etc... and I've already started swapping out their plugins for others in my toolbox.

No need to support a company that gives ZERO F***ks about their customers.

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by robertgilliland1 on Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:36 am
i've bought a bunch of waves plugs thru the years, i like em, i use em.

"Of course, if you purchased Waves plugins previously, you continue to own them (at the latest version you had prior to the launch of Waves Creative Access)."

that's all i care about.

Bats Brew music Streaming
https://batsbrew.bandcamp.com/
Studio One 5.2, Win 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHz Quad-Core, MSI B250M, 16G, SSD & spinner
by garyshepherd on Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:47 am
robertgilliland1 wrotei've bought a bunch of waves plugs thru the years, i like em, i use em.

"Of course, if you purchased Waves plugins previously, you continue to own them (at the latest version you had prior to the launch of Waves Creative Access)."

that's all i care about.

Until they don't work anymore.....

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by PreAl on Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:42 am
garyshepherd wroteUntil they don't work anymore.....

Exactly.
(Better stick with LTSC for now ;) ).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Vocalpoint on Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:43 pm
PreAl wroteExactly.(Better stick with LTSC for now ;) ).

Ouch.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by BobF on Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:13 pm
I can't remember the last time I preferred one of my Waves plugs over the alternatives I have. Having said that, I do use GTR and the PRS amp models from time to time. And NX when I feel the need. I've never paid WUP and I certainly won't pay a sub fee.

End of day, this will prolly help me thin things out a bit.

In general, I understand the desire on the part of vendors to go to the subscription model. From a user perspective though, I could hardly justify the expense of paying for subscriptions to everything I currently have licenses for. I'm picking and choosing more carefully as this trend continues.

I hope PreSonus takes advantage of this huge opportunity they're being presented with. Beefing up the Sphere subscriptions (which I have) with a solid set of plugs would be a real winner for them -- IMHO, of course.

It will certainly be interesting to see where this all ends up. Bye-bye Waves!!

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by PreAl on Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:16 pm
If you fancy a laugh go and have a look at the comments on Wave's Facebook page.

by Tacman7 on Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:16 pm
I've only upgraded one product, tune real time for M1. The version I had wouldn't do that.

Hopefully we still have some years especially if we keep old computers.

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by jBranam on Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:01 pm
been using waves since about 2005 and have a slew of them that i collected over the years (seriously don't want to know how many lol) but was always porked on their wup crap although i tried to keep them up to start with which cost me money with no return (waves never really upgrades their product... only the version number) i have versions all the way back to v9... some newer when i bought into collections (was cheaper than their wup lol) i completely dropped waves about 4 yrs ago now and uninstalled them all. now with my new system they are not even a thought and i will not install. now this joke cements my previous decision. they have seen their last penny from me but i have my popcorn handy and i am enjoying the fireworks. they are really screwing the pooch on this one... it may very well blow up in their face.

what do you get when you don't get what you want? EXPERIENCE and my waves experience cost me lol oh well such is life and we live and learn :roll:

cheers

p.s. one thing to note is windows folk are better off in this mess... their product will work for some time as is. as for mac users... the way apple does their OS all the time... they are pretty much screwed with the next roll out unless they pay the ransom. so not good

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by ricstudioc on Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:36 pm
Time was when Waves were clearly the leader in quality and innovation. That ship has long sailed - plenty of high quality, well designed plugins these days.

As mentioned above, see where they're at in 6 months.
by Tacman7 on Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:13 am
I thought they might walk that back...

After respectfully listening to your concerns, I want to share with you that we are bringing back the perpetual plugin license model, side-by-side with the new subscriptions. You will again be able to get plugins as perpetual licenses, just as before.

Forum Moderator.

24 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2