24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
Tacman7 wroteI thought they might walk that back...

That was fast!

https://www.waves.com/news/perpetual-wa ... s-are-back

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by PreAl on Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:48 am
Tacman7 wroteI thought they might walk that back...

After respectfully listening to your concerns, I want to share with you that we are bringing back the perpetual plugin license model, side-by-side with the new subscriptions. You will again be able to get plugins as perpetual licenses, just as before.

PMSL!

https://www.waves.com/news/perpetual-wa ... s-are-back

Translation..... Sorry we thought we were Adobe, but then we realised we weren't. Back to the same old same old then.... BTW... Fire sale next week!

You say goodbye, and I say hello... Actually will be avoiding them in future.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by lynnseacord on Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:36 am
Well that didn’t take long. I guess they can add after all.
by Lokeyfly on Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:54 am
For those of you like myself who are dependent or simply knee deep, using Wave' s Shepps Omni Channel. A really good alternative looks to be McDSP's "Channel G", v7". I trialed the non version 7 about 2 years ago. I didn't like how small the knobs and control layout was. However, this has changed with version 7. It also has more control over the HPF and LPF slope! You can also use filtering to notch frequencies.

It's available at $129 at Plugin Boitique, Guitar Center, etc.

Sure, you likely got the Waves Omni Channel on sale for $19-$29, but when you consider Waves WUPS (boy do I have an acronym for that), and the fact that McDSP has also been around for decades, the Channel G a real alternative.
Mc DSP needs no introduction among professionals, and McDSP doesn't bother with botique equipment displaying rust on the front panels. The Channel G is a no nonsense channel strip and like the Schepps Omni, is more of a concept on necessary design of dynamic + EQ, compression, limiter and expansion. Unlike the Omni channel, Channel G has a graphic display, analyzer, compression, and expansion metering on its front layout which btw has four displays. Much larger control panel now, too!
Channel G also emulates (switchable) the SSL G, E, Neve, and API console channels. All with the above mentioned control. That's a lot to like. You can switch between different EQ and compression designs instantly. [Now I've got your attention].

I'm going to revisit the new Channel G version 7 and trial it for I think 10 days. So I'll report back, or others can. This is both an effort to suggest a good channel strip alternative, and heed caution to what you probably already expect from yours truly. Waves might be walking back there latest full fledged scheme to the tune "My way, or the highway". They still will WUPS their customers right up the kazzoo.
Your choice. Subscription, or your WUPS yanked.
My position on Waves is screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me.

As also mention by you guys, fortunately there are options elsewhere. McDSP is a good one.
Peace, out.

McDSP Channel G
https://mcdsp.com/plugin-index/channel-g/

I picked up the Channel G. Great alternative. A few pros and cons. I see that McDSP for version 7 is charging their customers $29 per plugin for updates. The updates are quite apparent though, unlike Waves. I'm not deep in any Eco system from either company now, and that will remain.

There's a lot of GAS users and that's what companies like Waves depends on. The trick is get what works for you, and a smidge more. Then learn all its attributes and short comings. Your mixes and creativity I think, will benefit from it!

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2