4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

hoping not asking a too trivial question, i wanted to ask how to mute the Source Guitar Sound, when playing with a AMP Simulation in Studio One.

Im using a Studio1824c connected via USB-C to my PC. I connected the interface via the main outputs 1/2 with my Stereo Monitors. I have the Line Button activated and my gain on the Interface is about 50%. In Studio One 5 Artist i have an Audio-Track and Guitar-Rig6 by NI as effect, using the Rammfire Amp-Sim. On the Track i have the playback-button activated aswell as the recording button. My problem is, when i'm playing i still hear the raw, non distorted, guitar which is really distracting. Is there any possibility to mute the source sound, so i only hear the Amp-Simulation and the rest of the Studio One Project?

Thank you very much in advance.
Lompecard
by Vocalpoint on Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:20 pm
lompecard wroteIs there any possibility to mute the source sound, so i only hear the Amp-Simulation and the rest of the Studio One Project?

You need to mute the "monitoring" of the signal coming from your interface. I have the same thing here with my RME UCXII - in TotalMix - even tho my guitar is plugged into my SPDIF inputs AND that input is used to drive the track in S1 - I need to drop the fader in TotalMix Panel on that channel and then I just hear the "effected" sound via Guitar Rig or S Gear or whatever sim I am using.

This will be in the Universal Control panel for the 1824C

Check this video at about the 10:40 mark for some channel muting tips...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnH_j65MUb8

Cheers

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by lompecard on Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:39 pm
You are my salvation.
Thank you very much.
by Blame Karma on Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:52 am
You can disable the Studio series interfaces mixer completely using Universal Control. Click on the cogwheel, click "Mixer Bypass".
You can turn it on if you ever need it for cue mixes.

Mac Mini M1 / Ryzen 1700X - W10 / Sphere / 1810c / Apollo Twin

4 posts
Page 1 of 1