3 posts
Page 1 of 1
This is not direct S1 thread, but closely related to managing audio files.

I run S1 on Win10 PC and there is this one thing which drives me nuts. I have searched to answers but so far haven't found one.
When I open a folder in a Windows File Explorer (or as an alternative so called "Selection window - where you pic the file), the File list is converted by OS to something super dumb (which proves that Micro(spy)soft hires idiots to develop software),

https://ibb.co/MBFT6Pv

so instead of seeing the most important info (last update date, size, file extension,..) it shows Title, Artists, Album etc... Total non-sense. So this was implemented by dumb idiot who assumed that all mp3 or wav files must come from a CD or alike...
To make things worse another idiot assumed that if the user change the columns (see my screenshot) to show the files he/she want it is PREDICTED that next time he opens this same folder he would be super happy to see all changes lost and would be super anxious to go and change those settings again,...then again, and again.

MY QUESTION THEN IS: does anybody know the method or setting which allows to keep the folder settings ? I can possibly live with the fact that 50 years old OS is not smart enough to figure out what I want. I cannot however live with the fact that I have to deal with that every time I open the same folder.
Perhaps we could find some solution, or perhaps I am not aware of something I should know,...
Whatever the case is, please help me find a solution to this (as I believe many others would benefit as well).
If there is not solution, then,...well we can only hope that Presonus will release S1-4Linux very, very soon - which would make me super happy !

Intel i9/24-core, RAM-64Gb, M.2-NVME-4TB, 4xHD-18Tb
Win10/64-Pro. Studio One + (v6.2+)
BEHRIUNGER-UMC-404, KompleteKontrol KBD Mk1/61key, Arturia-MINI-LAB mk2 (25key), Novation LAUNCH-CONTROL-XL, M-AUDIO - TrigerFinger, M-AUDIO Studio Monitors.
by Vocalpoint on Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:05 am
arthurklisiewicz1 wrote MY QUESTION THEN IS: does anybody know the method or setting which allows to keep the folder settings

Yes - right click on any folder in Windows Explorer - my example shows my main Music Folder:

2023-03-20_08-59-54.png

1. Find your folder (1)
2. Right click on it and choose Properties (2)
3. Find the Customize Tab (3)
4. Use the "Optimize this file for" drop down to select different options (4)
5. If you have files in subfolders in your main folder - check the Subfolders box as well
6. Click Apply

TIP: Ensure you never have Music selected in this dropdown - that is the one that is causing you grief right now. I tend to use General Items for all views.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by Tacman7 on Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:54 am
I always did this, been a while but they stay setup.

I click the apply to all folders button after I get stuff like I want it.

No hidden files or suffixes, etc.

FolderOptions.JPG

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

3 posts
Page 1 of 1