1 post
Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

This project started almost a decade ago (when it was, frankly, more costs effective) but now its a bucket list mission that needs to get done. I used some docs I found that described the HUI protocol and I've programmed a microcontroller to exchange midi sysex data with Studio one so I can make my own fader bank controller. All the fader channel functions work (level, pan, mute, etc). I can bank channels, use the encoders to change send levels, toggle automation modes. I'm stuck on plugin control stuff.

The protocol seems to cover plugin parameters, and there are switches labelled on the unit that imply these are valid functions, but I can't get them working. I don't know if they don't work because S1 doesn't implement them, my understanding of the protocol's capabilities are wrong, or how I'm coding and the order of the button presses isn't correct. I've been googling around on that first possibility but discussions of HUI are conflated with "Mackie Control" which is different. I may change to MC if I hit too many walls with HUI but its a lot more work.

Are there any users here that have an actual Mackie HUI, or third party control surface that uses HUI (not Mackie Control), that could answer the following questions:

1) Can you assign or modify plugin parameters through you HUI?
2) Can you assign sends from the HUI?
3) What keys do you press and in what order to get this to work?
4) Do the plugin functions show up on the channel strips?

Sorry for the lengthy post but I wanted to make sure my questions were clear. Thanks in advance to anyone who can comment.

Mac OS 10.12
2008 Mac Pro 8 core 2.8 GHz
32 Gb ram

1 post
Page 1 of 1