30 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Maybe this has been covered somewhere, but I can't find it.

I have several song files in S1v5 that I've been working on for quite some time. I have S16 and have done all my new project in 6, but have kept these files in v5 while I work on them.

Today I decided that v6 was stable enough to convert the files over to v6. No problem opening them in v6 and all looks well, but when I play the files there are problems.

The songs have "real drum" recordings and also have midi tracks that map midi notes at the snare and kick hits to trigger Addictive Drums2. When I open the v5 files in v6, the midi/audio tracks are out of sync by just a little bit causing flams.

I close the file and reopen in v5 and all is well. I tried saving the files "to a new directory" which gets rid of anything in the pool and updates everything to a new v5 file, then opening in v6. That didn't help either.

I have no problem working on these in v5, but eventually I will need to get the files up to date and would like to convert them to v6.

Has anyone else had this issue?

ASUS laptop (AMD 5900HX), 32G, 2x2TB SSD, Win11-64, RME UFX & BabyFace, Studio One Pro 6, Addictive Drums2, Izotope 10, Soothe2, Waves, many plugins, Melodyne Studio 5, all versions updated frequently

The Moderns,
https://open.spotify.com/artist/1x6Fd133GftlRyRYl0xgjf
by SwitchBack on Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:44 pm
Maybe a different (default) quantize setting?
by garybowling on Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:09 am
SwitchBack wroteMaybe a different (default) quantize setting?

Good point, we're old school musicians so never use any quantization, but unfortunately I just checked and nothing that I can find is turned on. Thanks for the suggestion though.

ASUS laptop (AMD 5900HX), 32G, 2x2TB SSD, Win11-64, RME UFX & BabyFace, Studio One Pro 6, Addictive Drums2, Izotope 10, Soothe2, Waves, many plugins, Melodyne Studio 5, all versions updated frequently

The Moderns,
by Robdp on Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:36 am
OMG!! I'm so glad someone else posed about this... I wasn't going to because I thought it must be my error....BUT...

Any song that I pull up from v5 into v6 has serious timing issues... the audio isn't being played back correctly to the metronome and things feel off... If I play back in v5 it's fine... and if I import data from the session into a new session its fine... but playing back from v5 - v6 has been doing this on every old session I open.

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by garybowling on Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:29 am
Robdp wroteOMG!! I'm so glad someone else posed about this... I wasn't going to because I thought it must be my error....BUT...

Any song that I pull up from v5 into v6 has serious timing issues... the audio isn't being played back correctly to the metronome and things feel off... If I play back in v5 it's fine... and if I import data from the session into a new session its fine... but playing back from v5 - v6 has been doing this on every old session I open.

Well, at least someone else is having the issue. So it sounds like you can "import song data" from a v5 song and it's ok?? I haven't tried that, but that would be a way to get a song moved over, just import all the tracks, inserts, data, automation, etc..

Do your songs you start from scratch in v6 seem to be ok? The ones I've started from scratch seem to be fine.

The Moderns,
by Robdp on Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:10 pm
Yeah starting in V6 is fine! no issues at all.. I noticed about a month ago as I had to open a v5 song and noticed the timing issue but just put it down to my hardware, the Pipeline or something being weird... wasn't until I then had to go back and open an EP of songs I did in v5 to print some alt mixes and noticed the timing issue on all of them...

Here's on thing to try... when I turn turn off all the plugins via the "Global on/off plugins" button, the timing is perfect.. but switch it back on and the timing issues are there.... I've tried switching each plugin on one by one... but it's almost like all of them together in increments causes the issue..

Again, Importing data into v6 is fine, and just opening it up in V5 is fine to. But Opening v5 in v6 causes these issues for me.

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by garybowling on Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:58 pm
Robdp wroteYeah starting in V6 is fine! no issues at all.. I noticed about a month ago as I had to open a v5 song and noticed the timing issue but just put it down to my hardware, the Pipeline or something being weird... wasn't until I then had to go back and open an EP of songs I did in v5 to print some alt mixes and noticed the timing issue on all of them...

Here's on thing to try... when I turn turn off all the plugins via the "Global on/off plugins" button, the timing is perfect.. but switch it back on and the timing issues are there.... I've tried switching each plugin on one by one... but it's almost like all of them together in increments causes the issue..

Again, Importing data into v6 is fine, and just opening it up in V5 is fine to. But Opening v5 in v6 causes these issues for me.

Thanks for that info, great stuff to try. Surprised no one else has reported this issue.

I'll just work with them in v5 for now and maybe it will resolve in an update. If not, then I'll eventually import song data for them into v6. I use import song data a lot doing collaboration, so I'm very familiar with it, so that's not too big of a problem.

The Moderns,
by garybowling on Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:41 am
So I tried importing song data to a v6 song file to get around this issue.

I had forgotten that busses don't show up in the ISD window in all cases. I read some where on here what things you needed to do to a buss to make it show up in the ISD import window.

What is the simplest and easiest "thing" to do to a buss that doesn't impact the sound that I could go through and do so they all show up in the import list?

The Moderns,
by garybowling on Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:37 pm
Robdp wroteOMG!! I'm so glad someone else posed about this... I wasn't going to because I thought it must be my error....BUT...

UPDATE - I may have found a solution. I want you to try it and let me know if it also fixes it on your system.

I found that when I changed v6's setting for process precision (which is in Options, Audio Setup, Processing) from Double (64bit) to Single (32) I no longer experienced the timing issues.

Even though my original file in v5 was set to Double (64bit).

I don't know if there is a problem with v6's 64bit double processing mix engine or if it's some plugin I have that don't work right with something in v6's double processing or what. But it seems to fix it.

I've always kept mine at 64bit, but it's always been sort of a "if I have it, might as well use it" situation as I can't tell the difference between the two.

UPDATE 2 - I may have been a bit premature. It looks like changing it to 32 bit fixes it during that session. Actually even if I change it back it continues to be ok. But then when I close/save and then reopen it, it is out of time again until I go toggle from 32bit to 64bit or vice versa. This looks like a v6 problem to me, but maybe it's a combination of certain plugins or certain functions. Don't know, but if I want to move a song to v6, at least I know what to do to get it to play correctly.

The Moderns,
by vasilykorytov on Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:14 pm
curious if it got resolved in v6.1, can anyone comment on this?

by DrummaMan on Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:54 pm
This won't help the V6 issue - but I experienced the same issue in V5.

I just purchased V6, so I'm not getting a warm fuzzy...

Timing issues still abound with buffer settings messing up Song timing, and reducing V5 from 64 to 32-bit seemed to help a plugin-laden Song.

I was hoping V6 had it corrected...

I shall keep an eye on this thread, for sure.

Thanks,
MG
+++

Add "Include Mix FX" Check Box when saving Custom FX Chains: https://answers.presonus.com/73924/save ... x-channels - THUMB IT UP!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Windows 10 Pro x64 running on a custom tower PC with ASUS Pro WS X299 Sage II MOBO/ LGA 2066 Intel Core i9 X (12 Core), 64GB RAM, 1TB M.2 (OS), 2TB M.2 (Sample Libraries) 2TB SSD for audio, 1TB Raptor Audio Backup, 4TB Storage/Backup Drive, (1) UAD2 Octo, (2) UAD2 Quad, Lynx Aurora 16/AES16e, Radeon RX 570 ROG Video Card
by horahack on Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:08 am
Having a similar problem. I can only open New Songs in S16 Pro. Any preexisting songs created in Artitsts come up empty. Even tried installing Pro on another computer. Same deal, the song projects open, but the tracks are empty and I get a message saying all files are missing.

Windows 11 i7, 16 Gig,
Studio One 5 Professional
by SwitchBack on Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:44 am
So, S1v6 can't find those files in the places it is looking. Hard to tell where you store(d) your song files and if you kept all audio files pertaining to a song in that song's subdirectories. Changing S1v6's default User Data Location to S1v5's default User Data Location may be enough to get all songs to open properly. Or you may have some file locating to do.
by horahack on Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:58 am
Thanks Switchback:
I can not change the User Data Path: Now the patch is C:\Users\pmeeks\OneDrive\Documents\Studio One\Songs

I think I need to get the pmeeks and OneDrive out of the path. The pmeeks is part of my Gmail address and the One Drive was not in my old User Data Location in the older version. When I go to Options -User Data to change the path it will not save it. It always reverts to the path with my email and OneDrive

Windows 11 i7, 16 Gig,
Studio One 5 Professional
by SwitchBack on Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:22 am
See my reply to your other post.

Note that changing the User Data Location isn't absolutely necessary to open songs in other locations with ease. If all the audio material used in a song is stored in the appropriate default subdirectories of that song's .song file location then S1 will find it anyway. Hence my "where you store(d) your song files" remark as it makes a big difference how you move songs/files if you do.

Also note that some housekeeping helps to avoid file location issues too. 'Remove Unused Files' allows you to delete those files from your computer and/or remove the references to those files from a song. That way you avoid 'missing files' warnings for files no longer used in that song. Be careful with deleting files that may be used in another song!
by PreAl on Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:20 am
If it moves back it up.
If it changes back it up.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by gregghart on Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:55 am
I personally haven't seen this, could it be plug in lag? Or maybe plug in nap?

Here is something to try....before opening the file, go to V5, start by turning off the FX Plugins. Then save it.

Then open it in V6. Do you still have the delay? Then re-enable your plug in. Did that cause the delay again? If so, then I am wondering if V6 is having an issue with one of your plugins and lag? Try turning Plug In Nap off in that case.

Just some thoughts. May be dumb suggestions, but it's what I can think of.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by garybowling on Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:07 pm
gregghart wroteI personally haven't seen this, could it be plug in lag? Or maybe plug in nap?

Here is something to try....before opening the file, go to V5, start by turning off the FX Plugins. Then save it.

Then open it in V6. Do you still have the delay? Then re-enable your plug in. Did that cause the delay again? If so, then I am wondering if V6 is having an issue with one of your plugins and lag? Try turning Plug In Nap off in that case.

Just some thoughts. May be dumb suggestions, but it's what I can think of.

I think you're referring to my original issue, it got a bit sidetracked there for a bit with other issues that are unrelated.

Ok, so I did some experiments around your suggestion. The big issue I can hear easily is with real audio drum recordings with midi tracks mapped to those drum hits and triggering Addictive Drums 2. So I just picked one drum, the kick drum. I can solo the acoustic audio kick drum track and solo the kick midi track and in v5 they sound great, in v6 they flam.

I then opened in v5, with those two tracks solo'd, turned off all FX and saved the file.

Then opened it in v6 and played it. At that point, it did play correctly. So that was a good start.

I then turned on all FX and it did not play correctly.

I then turned off all the FX, again it played ok, and started turning on FX one at a time. There were only FX on the acoustic drum tracks and there were FX on both the track and the bus track, which is also a folder.

Turning on the FX on the kick drum track did not cause the problem.

Turning on the FX on the folder bus DID cause the issue.

Then I turned off all FX on both again, and tried turning on individual FX on the folder bus. Even turning on just pro EQ on the folder bus caused the problem.

I also had mix bus FX, but those did not cause the problem either on or off.

Plugin nap had no affect on any of it, same results with it on or off.

So, graphically.
Audio kick drum track --> folder bus with ProEQ --> Master bus
Midi track with notes mapped to kick audio --> Addictive Drums2 --> Master bus
Originally recorded in v5 works perfectly. Open in v6 and the two kicks flam.
Plugin nap has no effect on it. In 6.1, I could swap 32/64bit engine and it would work until next time I opened it. Since 6.1.1, that has no affect on it.

Also, just to confirm. I have a pretty big processor and multiple SSD drives. The performance meter in S1 hovers around 20-25 percent. So I don't think hardware/performance has anything to do with any of this. I also have tried playing around with dropout settings and other things like that, none of them have any impact either way on the issue.

The Moderns,
by garybowling on Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:26 am
I tried creating a test file to share, but when I create a new file in v5 and add a few things, then open in v6, I don't have the problem.

It could be that my old v5 song files were created in an early v5 version and updated along the way to the latest. Actually these files may have been originally created in v4 or possibly even v3 and updated along the way. So hard to recreate. But I have an entire album of these files, so I would like to get them eventually updated to v6.

So I took one of the song files I have and started removing things and saving it off to a new folder. I eventually got it down to a few bars of a kick drum and it still has the problem. So this is something I can easily share. I tried attaching it here, but I guess even a 67m zipped song file is too bit to attach.

I uploaded the zipped file to presonus sphere. I can share it with anyone that wants to pm me with their sphere collaborator name (usually an email addy), so I can add you as a collaborator.

This file has two tracks and the only non-presonus thing in the file is Addictive Drums2.

midi track --> AD2 --> Master
kick track --> folder bus with proeq on it --> Master

It's a zip file saved from v5. If you unzip it and open in v5, it plays perfectly. Open it in v6 and the two kicks flam.

The Moderns,
by garybowling on Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:37 am
Just an update for those who are having this problem.

I finally got a small song file that exhibited exhibited the problem and submitted a ticket.

Presonus support loaded the file and also had the same problem. So this is NOT an issue with my particular machine, interface, plugins, or setup. They acknowledged the problem and have submitted it QA for further evaluation.

Hopefully we will eventually get a resolution to this issue.

The Moderns,

30 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2