5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I've always wondered...is there a way to alter the default sequence you get when inserting the arrangement? By default I think it goes Intro, then Verse, Chorus and I think Bridge might be the next one as you draw in each part.

I'd like to be able to alter the default to a different named sequence.

Possible?

Thanks

Windows 11 Pro 22H2, 12th Gen i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz, 32gig 3600mhz RAM, Asus Radeon RX 6600 Dual V2 8G, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD x2, MSI MAG B660M Mortar WIFI LGA 1700 DDR4 mATX Mobo, Studio One Pro latest v5, RME Fireface UFX II
by garyshepherd on Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:58 am
I made a macro on my toolbar which is a menu of arranger block names - so I just use that to rename any new block. Not sure where the default order is contained.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Studio One 6.6 Professional Minus (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.3, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by SwitchBack on Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:01 am
A right-click dropdown might be a more universal improvement: Draw in a section, right-click to choose the type, and on to the next.

And it would be a real improvement to get to choose a standard color coding for the sections, like verses green, choruses purple, etc. Most of the time I replace 'verse' etc. by something more descriptive for the song/sheet music anyway, yet it would be nice to have the colors right (for me) first time when I draw in the sections :)
by Lokeyfly on Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:10 am
A drop down would be very nice. At times, just to speed the process, I copy/paste names but that's still cludgy.

To the OP, another option to help in the heat of the moment (as that can be the case at times) is simply call your parts alphabetically. I.e. A B C B C D A . The variations are yours to choose.

It's industry standard, and typically avoids having to over name or worry about parts. Who cares if it's an "outro", etc. You can always dial back later, or not even worry about it. Just an option, but an effective one. Use colors to make the process at a glance. Here as well, Studio One could improve on the process.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by hello people on Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:56 am
Yeah thanks everyone. I also don't know where the default order is...or if it exists at all to edit. Probably not.

Also agree about the colour coding and the A, B, C section stuff.

Of course if the thing was customizable we could set up multiple scenarios such as:

Intro...Verse 1...Verse 2...Chorus...Solo...Bridge...Verse 3...Chorus...Outro

Or whatever you like and it would set it up in one click only requiring you to adjust bars or whatever.. Would be nicer than having to draw section, right click to change name, edit colour etc. Somewhat tedious.

Anyway, not a huge deal.

Windows 11 Pro 22H2, 12th Gen i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz, 32gig 3600mhz RAM, Asus Radeon RX 6600 Dual V2 8G, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD x2, MSI MAG B660M Mortar WIFI LGA 1700 DDR4 mATX Mobo, Studio One Pro latest v5, RME Fireface UFX II

5 posts
Page 1 of 1