5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi! I've got a question, I've tried google but I haven't been able to find an answer

When exporting I usually hit speeds that are a couple of times faster than real-time depending on the number of tracks and plugins on that particular mix of course. But when I open the activity monitor app for mac I can't find the bottleneck that is causing it to not go faster. The CPU usage never goes beyond 30% and the RAM usage isn't strained either. Im not really sure how to interpret the disk write and read data but it doesn't look like that is the problem either.

Today I was exporting stems without any plugins at all to mp3 format but it still wouldn't export more than a couple of times faster than real-time. While the CPU wouldn't go beyond 25% load

I've got a MacBook Pro with the M1 Pro chip with 32gb of ram and running studio one in native mode. I always have it plugged into power when exporting. I haven't upgraded to Studio one 6 yet and am still using version 5 if that makes any difference.

So my question is: Is there a bottleneck I can't see that is limiting the export speed or is there something wrong with my computer or studio one maby?
by asotokashiki on Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:28 am
I am having the same problem myself.
In the future, if there is a function to make the operation only the performance core,
I think you can solve it.
LOGIC PRO already has the settings.
by babulmukherjee on Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:10 am
I've noticed the same thing. From what I have gathered is it looks like some M1 plugins aren't quite optimized yet.

I've had the biggest bounce slowdowns with the Pulsar plugins and when I turn them off, my bounce speed is back.

To figure out what plugins was causing my slowdown, I brought up the performance meter sorted by cpu speed, then did the mixdown and watched.

I haven't tried it yet, but I guess I could open Studio One in Rosetta and see what happens to the bounce speed.

Maintain,
Babul

Apple Mac Studio Max 64gb RAM, Ventura, RME UFX III, Studio One 6, Genelec 8330A w/7350A, Sennheiser HD 650
by webhamster on Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:57 am
I also have this problem. It appears to be random for me. The same song will export quickly one day, extremely slow the next. Haven't had time to dive deeper into it.

S1 6.5.1 - MacOs 13.6.2 MacBook 14" M1 max - interface: Quantum 2
by kalbinsson on Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:56 am
I am having very slow export as well and I made a bugreport a few weeks ago.

For me it is when exporting to MP3.

/K

S1 64bit, OSX 14.X, Macbook M1 Max 14" 2021, 64 GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Apple Pro XDR Display, Presonus Studio 1824c, UAD-2 Satellite, Presonus Revelator

5 posts
Page 1 of 1