2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Has anyone had any luck with using Reason 12 as a plug-in in Studio One using Reasons' Chord Sequencer and 3rd party synths? In other words, just the Sequencer and say, for example, Spitfire Strings. Obviously, I can use the Chord Sequencer and Spitfire in Reason, but not the other way around in Studio One. I've seen some youtube videos that demo'd it working, including a pretty clear and concise diagram showing i/o schemes. The routing seems fundamental and straightforward forward but I get no connection between Reason Rack and an instantiation of any 3rd party synth. It’s important to note here that the same setup, with the same i/o and the same routing, works as expected in Pro Tools.

Here is how I have things routed:

1) Instantiate Reason as a plug-in in Studio One. The output of that track = Reason plug-in. The input of that track=Arturia Keylab 88. Edit GR=none. Layer=Reason rack.

2) Then instantiate Spitfire (or any synth) on an instrument track. The output of that track=Spitfire. The input = Reason Rack. The Edit GR=none. Layer=Spitfire.

Both tracks are armed for record but....nothing.

Here is a screenshot of how I'm attempting to connect: https://donmackie.smugmug.com/Screen-Shots

As an addendum here, and for those who might be familiar, I also use Scaler which is a similar (at least in function) chord sequencer as the Reason Chord Sequencer. I use the same routing in Scaler and it works as one would expect.

I’ve posted this to the Reason forum as there are a few there that use Studio One and Reason Rack and, although everyone there is very helpful, none there have been able to spot the problem.

I’m hoping someone can look at my routing and spot where I went wrong.
by faragher on Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:25 pm
I can't get this working either - I also use Scaler which, as you say, works perfectly. I'm on a Mac Studio M1 Max and can only see the AU - I wondered if using VST3 might change things, but this is another whole can of worms.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1