7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Not sure if this has been flagged or not, bit I've checked this in an empty session and on another machine and I'm getting there same results...

Lets say I have some midi piano I've recorded, and on that track I have sustain pedal information... If on the same track at some point I decided to add more piano via the retrospective record function, I lose all the sustain data on the previously recorded piano and it only keeps what I record now...
The only way to keep everything is basically not use retrospective record on that channel at all and just record normally.. Super weird and again, I've tested several ways..

Can anyone confirm?? Video below shows what I mean..
(Look at all the sustain data on the channel when I toggle the retrospective record function)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2pxlgtq2zr2ot0/S1SustainMidibug.mov?dl=0

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by Robdp on Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:22 am
Anyone??

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by Robdp on Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:42 am
Bumping again..

Producer/writer
by waltong on Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:18 pm
Robdp wroteNot sure if this has been flagged or not, bit I've checked this in an empty session and on another machine and I'm getting there same results...

Lets say I have some midi piano I've recorded, and on that track I have sustain pedal information... If on the same track at some point I decided to add more piano via the retrospective record function, I lose all the sustain data on the previously recorded piano and it only keeps what I record now...
The only way to keep everything is basically not use retrospective record on that channel at all and just record normally.. Super weird and again, I've tested several ways..

Can anyone confirm?? Video below shows what I mean..
(Look at all the sustain data on the channel when I toggle the retrospective record function)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2pxlgtq2zr2ot0/S1SustainMidibug.mov?dl=0

I have seen many goofy behaviors of how instrument part automation data is affected or not affected by recording. I guess the key question you need to ask Presonus tech support is, how is Part Automation data factored in with Retrospective Record?

DAW: Studio One Professional 6.5
by Robdp on Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:34 am
Can anyone else replicate this??

Bug is still here.

Producer/writer
by Tacman7 on Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:51 am
Doesn't seem to be happening here:

RetroRec.gif

I had a part there and clicked the retro record button.

What version of S1 are you using? 6.5?

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Robdp on Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:49 am
Tacman7 wroteDoesn't seem to be happening here:

RetroRec.gif

I had a part there and clicked the retro record button.

What version of S1 are you using? 6.5?

Hmmm thats odd.. It's been happening since v5 and I'm on 6.2.1.. I went to 6.5 and the audio mix down bug was still there so I rolled back.

If you aren't getting it it's definitely something with my system so I'll trouble shoot more and start deleting prefs etc...

Appreciate you double checking!!

Producer/writer

7 posts
Page 1 of 1