Since I reinstalled SO, I've noticed that stereo outputs from Kontakt, past the first 5, are turned into 2 mono channels on the SO mixer, instead of stereo channels.
I found a post about similar behavior, but there was said it cant be done different, but for as long as I've been using Kontakt, I havent noticed this before, so it doesnt seem likely its about the same problem.
In Kontakt, all instruments are connected to their own stereo output and all outputs are assigned to paired channels in the output section.
Anyone know how to turn the mono pairs into stereo channels, on the mixer?
For other people who have been struggling with this problem. As far as I managed to find out, this behavior is specific to VST2, because of the limitations of programming for assignable outputs, and this should be solved when Kontakt is updated to VST3. I cant even remember when Kontakt was changed to VST3, that has been a while ago, with early v6 I estimate, but the problem still exists somehow. So with Kontakt 6 and 7 being VST3, the problem still isnt fixed. So far for the 'Do-it-all sampler', as its being advertised.
What I did find, is because AU works different, this problem does not exist in the AU version of the plugins and to fix this issue the AU version can be used and there everything works as expected, a stereo channel in the SO mixer for every stereo instrument output in Kontakt.
The only thing I still havent been able to figure out, is why I've always had stereo outputs for the 14 instruments in my orchestra setup, in the past, since this wouldnt have been possible, according to the available information.
Users browsing this forum: AAV and 13 guests