4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Im new to creating samples for playback in samplers or synths and Ive been searching for days on how to create samples with loop points, but all I actually found that seems certain, is that any decent audio editor should be able to do this and the rest of the information was all about doing it in specific programs that I dont have, and no one tells anything on how to export the sample, only on now to use it in their specific program. And when I search on how to do it in SO, I keep getting videos of Gregor setting loop markers in the arrange window.
I found 1 video on how to set loop points in SampleOne, but again, only for use in Sample One and nothing about exporting the result. Also the manual wasnt very helpful.

What I need is a sample, well that is easy enough, but that has loop points and x-fade backed into the sample, so it can be used universally. In my case, I need it for my MODX.

Can someone point me to a tutorial/article on how this works in SO?

Cheers!
Maarten
by Trucky on Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:43 am

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by Demious on Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:09 am
The part explained in this article was pretty self-explanatory when I opened SampleOne, but the thing is that the sample files that SampleOne created in the sample folder of the song, dont contain the loop and x-fade meta-data, when this is set in SampleOne. I assume I need to export the result, so the loop and x-fade settings from SampleOne are written onto the wave file.

Cheers!
Maarten
by JohnBW on Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:08 pm
This free audio editor looks like it could do the job. Haven't tried it yet, but it's probably worth a look.
https://www.wavosaur.com/tutorials/how-to-make-loop.php

"Loop point are inserted at selection start and selection end. You can drag the loop points with the mouse. Double click anywhere inside the loop points makes a selection.
If you save the file, the loop points are stored in the .wav and are recognized in software samplers, sequencers, and other audio applications."

A paid option might be Steinberg Wavelab Pro.
https://steinberg.help/wavelab_pro/v10/ ... how_c.html

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro

4 posts
Page 1 of 1