19 posts
Page 1 of 1
This is a new thread (to save people from having to sift through all the nonsense on those two threads) Here is the link to those two threads, but they really are not overly relevant right now.

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=44063&p=258080#p258080
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=49973&p=293905#p293905

Small preface: I ordered a new computer back in "black friday" of 2012. LSS, it's been nothing but trouble by and large. I'm over it! Studio One is fantastic, and works very well on the old computer (and it's no problem on the new one, just loads of other stuff) so I'm going for......broke? :lol: Nah, it's not that bad, but what a nightmare the "new" computer was :roll: I call it the 1700 USD "paperweight".

This one will be a Ryzen 9 (4.7 GH, 12 physical cores) and I'm going with windoze 10, knowing I can upgrade at any time. Let's be clear, there are NO issues with 11, but it's mainly eye-candy, so I'ma go 10 for now.

Hopefully, this will be an end to the excessive issues I've had. Plugs, Studio One, OS's, they are NOT the problem! I'd stick with this one but I still have that nagging feeling that after nearly 10 years, it's a gonna go toenails UP. Eventually anyways.

So, I'm excited and nervous. But I've updated my other threads, just in case someone runs into any of the issues I've had.

Bye......:roll:
by Vocalpoint on Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:40 am
reggie1979beatz wrote Hopefully, this will be an end to the excessive issues I've had. Plugs, Studio One, OS's, they are NOT the problem! I'd stick with this one but I still have that nagging feeling that after nearly 10 years, it's a gonna go toenails UP. Eventually anyways.

Reggie

Congrats on the new machine - would be nice to see some actual hardware specs (motherboard specifics, RAM, graphics etc) so we can help you stay out of trouble right off the hop. Interesting that you chose Ryzen as well.

Good move on Windows 10 tho - that alone should keep things settled down.

Cheers!

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by reggie1979beatz on Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:20 am
As for the Ryzen, I've heard nothing but praise about them. Those specs are 12 physical cores @ 4.7 GHZ. Performance has NOT been an issue with 10 or 11, with what I've had, it's a b...tload of other things, including the much worse interference/guitar thing. It's not cheap, but it's not Threadripper territory.

10 is the choice because I can always bump to 11 from it if I want. I always spend the extra coin on "professional" even though it probably doesn't do anything. Sometimes I wonder if it's why I've had mostly good results over some other peeps. I don't know for sure.

The mobo is MSI. Some don't like them, but this will be my 3rd and this mobo (a Krait edition) has been superb for about 9 years, I think (it was doze 7 before upgrading to 10 originally) the model number is MSI PRO B650-P WIFI AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s DDR5 Ryzen 7000 ATX. From what I can tell, NO LIGHTS! I'm convinced that is the culprit for the extra interference on the paperweight ;) Thought I've turned them all off, something is a miss. I don't care about the wifi, I'm all LAN these days. That will likely be turned off in the BIOS.
MSI does have a dog out right now (it's a 670) apparently they have a variety of issues. This one has very limited reviews, but NO MORE ASUS after this experience. I've also had bad luck with Gigabyte. It's always a roll of the dice..... I wish they still made Krait editions, I have two and they are killer.

Graphics card? What graphics card? :lol: Yeah, I have a decent fanless I can put in it, but ima try the onboard graphics first. For my needs it should be perfect.

Ram. Not a ram snob, it's just your every day Corsair "vengeance". 32 GB, that's really more than enough. I have 16 on this one and it's never failed me. I don't do Kontakt or similar. I'm all by my lonesome when it comes to music, so really not big projects anyways.

Using the case (Corsiar) and PSU (Seasonic) from the paperweight. Oh yeah, a Noctua fan, love 'em. Overall it was less than a grand for everything, not really bad.

by reggie1979beatz on Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:04 pm
CRAPPOLA!!!!!! I can't return the CPU (the most expensive part)

I guess I could just get a better chip than this one for my MOBO :(

EDIT: Nope, can't do that either. Same with win10 :evil:

OR I could throw caution to the wind and build the thing :geek:

It says I have 24 days left to return though. I'll call 'em in a few and find out WTbleep is going on.

by Vocalpoint on Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:15 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteOR I could throw caution to the wind and build the thing

You ordered a bunch of parts with no intention of actually assembling them? I do not get it?

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:25 pm
Vocalpoint wrote
reggie1979beatz wroteOR I could throw caution to the wind and build the thing

You ordered a bunch of parts with no intention of actually assembling them? I do not get it?

VP

Somewhere around here, I mentioned that after doing a clean install to get this HD ready for the new stuff, WALLA! It now works as intended. :roll:

by Vocalpoint on Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:27 pm
reggie1979beatz wrote Somewhere around here, I mentioned that after doing a clean install to get this HD ready for the new stuff, WALLA! It now works as intended. :roll:

Still don't get it. Sorry for not being in the loop...

VP

by reggie1979beatz on Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:39 pm
It doesn't matter, so I'll just say this: Regardless of whatever, IT SAYS IT'S ALL RETURNABLE, so in reality, what difference does it make?

Never ordering from oldegg again, this is NOT the first time I've been had by them.

by Vocalpoint on Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:44 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteIt doesn't matter, so I'll just say this: Regardless of whatever, IT SAYS IT'S ALL RETURNABLE, so in reality, what difference does it make?

Never ordering from oldegg again, this is NOT the first time I've been had by them.

Reggie

Just not clear on what the issues are exactly. I admit I haven't followed this closely but 2022-23 parts from Newegg should simply just work - unless you ordered something completely off the mark.

Maybe supply a bit of detail on what's wrong and maybe we can help?

VP

by reggie1979beatz on Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:35 pm
Not EVEN trying to be a d......ch, but it doesn't matter.

Everything is now installed, and working as should (except for the "built in" graphics looking, different)

Not crappy at all, works like a charm. There "seems" to be an improvement with against the ASUS "gaming" board I thought might be a problem.

Nice system on the "first impressions" side.

Oh, and my ye ol' win 11, seems to work fine on this MOBO. :roll: Seems at any cost, I'm out the win 10 I ordered :roll:

:roll:

I don't understand, but I'm not complaining :)

by reggie1979beatz on Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:24 pm
Well, I can confirm it. AMD systems DO run hot :thumbdown: ter than Intel. Nothing crazy, but still it's a step in the wrong direction

Also, the graphics are.......shaky. I'ma hook up the fanless GPU tomorrow hoping that there will be less issues.

For one thing, here on the forum, the "mouse cursor" doesn't behave correctly. Hopefully nvidia will work better :(

But the chip itself is pretty killer.

by reggie1979beatz on Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:31 pm
testing, one two, testing........

Yeah, that's better. Forget tomorrow, when you can do it tonight!

by MisterE on Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:53 am
This thread and the ones it references crams more confused statements, blame of others, and misinformation about building PCs with Win10 or Win11 into a small amount of bandwidth than I would have thought was humanly possible.

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by Lokeyfly on Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:42 am
reggie1979beatz wrotetesting, one two, testing........

Yeah, that's better. Forget tomorrow, when you can do it tonight!

Perhaps it would be best to listen to VP who has been offering to help you from the start. As many of us can, he has a very good background on building and purchasing PC's and he in particular is up on latest components. Use it. You'd be up and running for a while, now. No doubt, with a tighter system.

I get that you were chasing noise issues, and boiled it down to your PC. Excellent. Only, two other threads, of some 5+4 pages without resolve, linking them here, and now this one you created is really going against the integrity of how the forum is best served for yourself and others. Concise & useful information. Often, that can be vital for users to get back on track with their own issues. Best to follow someone's lead who has more experience in this matter.

I'd also suggest to "please" keep your talking points to the subject. Hey, we all go a little off track for a little levity, but this subject is needlessly dragging on (as well as morphed). People here will help, and that's a great asset.
Last edited by Lokeyfly on Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by reggie1979beatz on Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:57 am
Perhaps it would be better if the mods just deleted this.

I've been clear, and I'M NOT BLAMING OTHERS. I DID NOT ASK FOR HELP. It's simply giving updates.

Maybe pay attention? It's radical concept I know, but it would probably be best.

by gregghart on Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:09 am
We were paying attention....and it was near impossible to follow. These threads were like ADHD on high power. These forums are here to help people, not to be a personal update database. That's what Social Media is for.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by Vocalpoint on Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:11 am
reggie1979beatz wroteI'M NOT BLAMING OTHERS. I DID NOT ASK FOR HELP. It's simply giving updates. Maybe pay attention? It's radical concept I know, but it would probably be best.

Whoa easy there Reg - getting a tad touchy here, aren't we?

To be fair - lots of us have tried to help you. On many occasions. Secondly - let's be reasonable - this is a "STUDIO ONE" Community Support forum - not Custom PC Builders Anonymous.

Finally - while everyone in here would like to use Studio One to its fullest be it PC or Mac - I do not recall anyone asking for updates on "Reggie's PC Build Log". Do your build (or not) but let's try to keep the focus on Studio One.

If you need hardcore build help - PM me and I will try to get you sorted.

Cheers!

VP

by Lokeyfly on Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:50 am
reggie1979beatz wrote I DID NOT ASK FOR HELP. It's simply giving updates.

Maybe pay attention? It's radical concept I know, but it would probably be best.

You asked for others experienced input from the very first post on. Go check.

You also needn't fly off the handle with capital letters. Just imagine for one brief moment someone comes into the forum and has a noise issue they're trying to locate. They suspect either the PC or their interface. They search the forum for "noise" in the search field. They (likely as of now) see one of your posts. There is everything in there from hiring a contractor, to lifting grounds, to a new computer that fixed everything, to maybe it's the wrong CPU.
Not exactly going to help that someone who has a critical session coming up.

At this point, other than VP assisting (a very good thing), its probably safe to say, you needn't give updates.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by MisterE on Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:32 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteI'M NOT BLAMING OTHERS.

Asus, Gigabyte, and "Oldegg," spring to mind in the last five seconds I'll be participating in this thread.

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII

19 posts
Page 1 of 1