4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am somewhat of a rookie to using any daw at all but have been playing with studio one for awhile now. With that in mind I have Studio one 5 pro with a presonus studiolive 12 usb. I am trying to run my acoustic electric guitar threw channel one on a mono audio track with ampire as a plug in. I have the blue light on and I can see that it is receiving a signal at the track , the mixer , and in section where I set up the mono track( I'm not sitting in front of my computer so I don't have all the proper terminology). Furthermore I can here the guitar load and clear, I just can hear the effects that are supposed to be produced by the ampire . Also when I record me playing the guitar I can see the midi data on the track, but when I stop and play it back I don't here any sound. So to be clear I can't figure out how to get the ampire effects to come out my speakers and I'm assuming that when I figure that out I'll know why I can't hear the play back. Also I didn't mention it but I do have the monitor button next to record on. I'd appreciate any help on the subject. Thanks.
by Tacman7 on Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:31 am
Welcome to the Forum!

Takes a tight system to do real time fx with low latency.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Some pictures of what you got going on would be good.

An effect in the insert section should be heard in your monitoring.

You might not be able to hear it if you also hear the dry signal from the mixer.

You have to send the guitar into S1 and not to the main outs. I think that's what is happening, you're hearing live monitoring but you need to monitor through S1.

It's recording midi? or audio? Meters bouncing on the track? More info and pics needed.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Lokeyfly on Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:13 pm
This may apply to your gear or not, but it's what I do with every guitar fx processor (Guitar Rig 6, Axiom, Scuffam, etc.).

Run mono to a Studio One mono input channel. I'm assuming you have no outboard effects and running mono from the guitar. On the S1 track you've selected to record on, select the record ready and monitor button. On that track, create a stereo bus send (not FX send). Name the bus "Ampire-Ac El" (for ref). Place the Ampire plugin on that bus' Insert (not send). You should then be able to play, or reherse your guitar and hear the Ampire effect. Also, you'll see the track meters displaying not the Ampire, but the dry guitar track. It's OK, you're creating a dry mono track along with the Ampire bussed track in stereo.
Later you can opt to leave it that way, which is beneficial if you want to edit the mono guitar track. Or, you can print the Bus FX and dry track to a new combined stereo track.

Remember, for minimum latency, reduce your buffer size on your interface/mixer. The idea here is to hear what you record in real time with a minimum delay.

I don't use Ampire, but it would follow the same path. That way, what you hear is what you get.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by simonbezian on Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:49 pm
Hello Friends,

I found this related to my issue somehow, I'm new in this forum, I've started using Ampire with my Studio one 5 artist and I noticed guitar effects are not good as my effects from Moeer GE-200, they are creepy and seems they are raw and need to tweak them to what I like, please confirm if I understand this Ampire correctly.

Cheers,

Simon

4 posts
Page 1 of 1