1 post
Page 1 of 1
I'm working on a song in S1 v6.0.2 that is an orchestral piece. The problem that I'm having is that when I enable the low latency monitoring for instruments, the level on one of my buses rises by ~18 db.

Here's my set up:

This is an orchestral piece, so I have quite a few tracks and channels, all of which are instrument tracks. The issue is occurring in the Trumpet audio path.

Figure 1 - S1 screen with channels.jpg
Showing the whole app window with channels visible. Only the Trumpet audio path channels are showing, the others are hidden.

Figure 2 - S1 with editor for Solo Trumpet 1.jpg
Showing the whole app window with Editor open and displaying the Trumpet 1 channel and settings for the Velocity, Volume, Dynamics and Expression. These are set the same for both runs.

Figure 3 - Latency Enabled.jpg
Processing setup with low latency monitoring for instruments enabled. (Second run)

Figure 4 - Latency Disabled.jpg
Processing setup with low latency monitoring for instruments disabled. (First run)

Figure 5 - Relevant Channels, Latency Disabled.jpg
Showing trumpet audio path levels with low latency monitoring for instruments disabled. Note that they are all ~ -12 db.

Figure 6 - Relevant Channels, Latency Enabled.jpg
Showing trumpet audio path levels with low latency monitoring for instruments enabled. Note that trumpets are still ~ -12 db, but now the Trumpets bus and the others down line are at ~ +6 db. No controls on the instruments or channels have been changed.

Figure 7 - Instrument.jpg
Showing settings for the 8dio trumpet instrument for Solo Trumpet 1. Settings are the same for both runs.

The Instrument is an 8dio Century Solo Brass - Trumpet running in Kontakt 6.5.3 (Fig. 7). Trumpet 1 is the top instrument, on MIDI Ch. 1, and I've opened it up so that you can see the state of the controls.

When I play a segment with a Solo Trumpet 1 event with the low latency monitoring disabled, Trumpet one has ~ -12 db output level (as do the other trumpets) and the Trumpets bus shows about the same level, as do the other buses down the line. However, when I play the same segment with the low latency monitoring turned on, Trumpet 1 is still outputting ~-12 db (as are the other trumpets), but now the output level on the Trumpets bus is approaching 6 db - a gain of ~18 db! Yet, none of the controls on the instrument or the channels has changed. This happens only with the trumpets. I've not noticed it with any of the other channels.

Why is this happening?

Ken
Windows 10 Pro 64
Studio One 4
Melodyne Studio 6 (64)
MOTU Traveler mk3
Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
M-Audio Keystation Pro 88

1 post
Page 1 of 1