1 post
Page 1 of 1
I just got Artist recently & I'm exploring it. I'm trying to use it with an external Synth but it doesn't seem to send any recorded CC automation. This includes Channel pressure (Aftertouch). Am I missing something or is this a bug. I made a video of some knob twiddling to control a Filter Cutoff & it can be seen that it isn't sending any CC information. If I stop & then play it sends a few messages and then it stops, I think it's random when it stops sending.

I have a Virus TI connected via a MIDI Out/In but it can be seen from the Midi Monitor that the issue is that S1 stops sending the messages. I've tried just recording the Keystep knobs too with the same result. I'm on Ventura MAC mini M1. The MIDI port is a focusrite 18i20.

I'll try it with a USB synth next, to rule out the physical MIDI port, although notes are sent & received with no issue.

phpBB [video]

I've just tried it with NTS-1 via USB & it worked as expected.

So then i tried with one of those Chinese USB->Midi cables & that behaved the same as the 18i20 so it seems S1 has an issue with physical MIDI ports which is annoying...

can anyone else using Artist test this with a MIDI interface ?

1 post
Page 1 of 1