5 posts
Page 1 of 1
The Remove and Remove All context menu items for the MIDI mappings are dangerously close and not only that. Remove All, does remove all, of course, but without any warning... really?

I can't believe all my mappings went to hell with a single mouse click...... why !?

Attachments
2022-12-26 01_29_52-Window.png

Studio One 6.
i7, 16GB, 2TB NMVE
by Trucky on Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:45 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

I'd recommend submitting a Feature Request to have a "Are your sure Y/N?" prompt added to this if you'd like to see it changed.

https://answers.presonus.com/tag/feature+request

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by Lokeyfly on Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:43 am
cesarvega wroteThe Remove and Remove All context menu items for the MIDI mappings are dangerously close and not only that. Remove All, does remove all, of course, but without any warning... really?

I can't believe all my mappings went to hell with a single mouse click...... why !?

Typically a good practice is as things develop in most any mappings, preset, mixer or song development, is to do a save. Even at a song level.

Consider, this happens again. If you saved even the song at reasonable intervals, you could simply close and reopen the song and not lose that Preset state.
"Remove Everything" does what it implies and it is as you say, dangerously close. [Remove All] is thoughtfully separated by [Transmit value], and [Remove (single)]. Consider you were a little in the no go zone. ;)

Still, you can FR a fail safe "are you sure?" But follow a few basic precautions like saving regularly. A lot of pop up messages get to be a little in the way as well. OMMV.
Cheers.
Last edited by Lokeyfly on Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by cesarvega on Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:45 pm
Still, you can FR a fail safe "are you sure?" But follow a few basic precautions like saving regularly. A lot of pop up messages get to be a little in the way as well. OMMV.

Actually, how often does one want to Remove All the mappings at once? I think like.... when you get new hardware, not often.
An "Are your sure Y/N?" prompt isn't too much to ask.

Also, I don't think went too far in the dangerous zone. I wanted to click remove, but my mouse slipped and I clicked the fatidic "Remove All" instead.

I always save my song every minute or so. I have a reflex "control-s" in my left hand :)

But that did not saved the mappings. I closed the song, reopen and mappings were still gone.
Could you explain a little more how these mappings could have be saved with the song?

Thanks in advance.

Studio One 6.
i7, 16GB, 2TB NMVE
by Lokeyfly on Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:31 pm
cesarvega wrote

Actually, how often does one want to Remove All the mappings at once? I think like.... when you get new hardware, not often.
An "Are your sure Y/N?" prompt isn't too much to ask.

Also, I don't think went too far in the dangerous zone. I wanted to click remove, but my mouse slipped and I clicked the fatidic "Remove All" instead.

I always save my song every minute or so. I have a reflex "control-s" in my left hand :)

But that did not saved the mappings. I closed the song, reopen and mappings were still gone.
Could you explain a little more how these mappings could have be saved with the song?

Thanks in advance.

Hi cesarvega,
I take it you had at some point selected "Store Preset" of your maps. You must have. It's stored at: Documents\Studio One\User Presets\Pitch Names\

When you selected to Remove All, the files should still be in that path above.

If this ever occurs again after accidentally removing all, simply close the song and reopen the song. You needn't even have to close Studio One. Just reopen from the song from the start menu. I just checked this and the files that I did a [Remove All] on, still remain there.

My guess is you saved the song after you noticed you removed all.

Ok, if you still have the songs in the above file path and you accidently saved the song, then place the saved pitch list files over at: C:\Program Files\Presonus\Studio One 6\Presets\User Presets\Pitch Names\

Place the file(s) you saved there. If you modify them, they default to the other location.

I'm not quite sure saving after remove all would have made a permanent loss of those files. But check the locations.

If you do find the Preset files, let me know and we can show you how to locate them back in.

Note: The C:\Program Files\Presonus\Studio One 6\Presets\User Presets\Pitch Names\ path is where GM MIDI Pitch files or maps that need to be seen and not saved over are located. That's why I would re locate them there to be seen again (but not written over from there). Give it a try.

I don't get why the files would have gone away, but lets try and locate & fix your missing file maps issue first.

What could be the case is If by chance you never saved your MIDI/Pitch mappings, and they're now gone by removing all, then storing the files is something that should have always been done. Then you're just creating what you should have saved. You're then relying on a message, and not the store devices already available. You'd have to clarify that.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

5 posts
Page 1 of 1