7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I am working on a mix, I have routed AD drums from instrument to audio tracks.
Now I need to go back to instrument track for adjustments, I just transform to instrument track, but when I do so I lose all plug-ins and setting on the audio track. So, when I am going back to audio I will need to start over again with all settings.

Is there any way to work more effective with this, some function I am missing?

/NIcklas
by Tacman7 on Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:24 am
Welcome to the Forum!

Turns out there's a lot of ways to do things in S1...

viewtopic.php?f=153&t=127

I never used transform or render, I preferred to bounce or bounce to new track then disable the plugin and track(hide it if you want)

Just put that track away and save it in case you need it. Disable the instrument when you're not using it to save processing.

Good to put your specs in you signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by nicklasandersson on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:23 pm
Thank you!

It seams to be some other options. But in this specific case it would be great to find a solution. Then I can try other ways to handle this in my next mix.

Hopefully some one can guide me how this can be done, if it is possible.
by Tacman7 on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:26 pm

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by garyshepherd on Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:00 am
Tacman7 wroteWelcome to the Forum!

Turns out there's a lot of ways to do things in S1...

viewtopic.php?f=153&t=127

I never used transform or render, I preferred to bounce or bounce to new track then disable the plugin and track(hide it if you want)

Just put that track away and save it in case you need it. Disable the instrument when you're not using it to save processing.

Good to put your specs in you signature, click below in my signature.

My method exactly - bouncing does produce a new file in 32 bit, but is still the preferred option for me. Bounce to New Track prints the audio including the plugins - so this is useful to save CPU - keep the old track (frozen) and switch off the plugins. I have never used Transform and always forget it's an option. Render occasionally if the orange light is getting on my nerves and I forgot to Bounce.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by webhamster on Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:58 am
Am I right that you've added plugins after rendering it to audio? To transform to back to midi makes you loose those?

At least that happened to me a few times. I save the plugins as a plugin chain (calling them 'temp' or something) and re-insert them after transforming back to midi.

S1 6.5.1 - MacOs 13.6.2 MacBook 14" M1 max - interface: Quantum 2
by nicklasandersson on Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:54 pm
Yes you are correct. And thank you for your tip, I believe thats one way to solve it. I mean if I tweak and mix for some hours, then it’s not so fun to start over with all setting and effects.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1