3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello! I noticed that one of my external drives for my Studio One Folder has, for example, folders for "IO Configurations", "Macros", "Presets", and "Shows" in addition to the Projects and Songs folders.

Do you know how or why these got created? I know the default location is in Documents (I'm on a Mac), but the only other folder in there is a Macros folder besides a Songs folder.

So how do/did these get created on my working drive?

DAW's:
Studio One Professional 6.5.2
Pro Tools Studio 2023.12.1

Computer:
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
OWC Aura Pro X2 1 TB
AMD FirePro D300 2 GB
Mac OS 12.7.3 Monterey

Interface:
Audient EVO 16 w/ two Audient SP8's

Monitor:
LG 32' LCD connected via HDMI
Samsung 27" LCD connected via HDMI to Thunderbolt adapter
by Tacman7 on Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:20 am
You set your user data location in Locations:

Locations2.JPG

S1 creates folders as needed. In your song folder will be no folders but as you work folders are created for history, bounces, stems, mixdown, it puts everything in folders pretty much.

You set your user data to the working drive or just create a song there?

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by mikesupina on Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:24 pm
Tacman7 wroteYou set your user data location in Locations:

Locations2.JPG

S1 creates folders as needed. In your song folder will be no folders but as you work folders are created for history, bounces, stems, mixdown, it puts everything in folders pretty much.

You set your user data to the working drive or just create a song there?

Got ya! So, the location says "Documents" (I assume that's the default, and I'm on a Mac). Howver, I noticed all of these additional new folders created when I created a new Song on my external SSD (working drive).

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, if you create a new song, it will create a macros folder, IO Configuration folder, Presets folder, etc.?

If I'm understanding this correctly and this is how it works, this is a pretty cool thing! I would assume that means taking your drive to another studio would allow you to run that session with all of your keyboard shortcuts, macros, etc.?

DAW's:
Studio One Professional 6.5.2
Pro Tools Studio 2023.12.1

Computer:
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
OWC Aura Pro X2 1 TB
AMD FirePro D300 2 GB
Mac OS 12.7.3 Monterey

Interface:
Audient EVO 16 w/ two Audient SP8's