6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I recorded about 20 hours of audio in a single file and want to split it and save it into several sections. Is there a way to add multiple start and stop markers in that file and have Studio One automatically save those sections in one fell swoop as individual files? Basically, the long file should only need "splittiing" markers since where one section ends the next section begins. There are 32 sections to save and each section is a different length. It would be easy for me to add a marker where each section ends and the next section begins,

Thanks for any input.

Dell Latitude E6530, 16 GB Ram, Two 1-TB SSD
Windows 10/64
Novation LaunchKey 49 USB Keyboard
Studio One 6.5.2.97444 Win x64
by Trucky on Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:06 am
Use "Export Stems" in the Songs dropdown menu with the following options:

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by Tacman7 on Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:18 am
So you could chop the long file up in pieces and put them on different tracks.

Then rename the tracks, when you export stems they will be named already.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by SwitchBack on Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:32 am
Why not 'Export Mixdown'? It has the same 'Between Markers' option. Each filename will have the name of the marker at the start of that section in it, which is handy.
by Tacman7 on Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:37 am
If you want the files as recorded do stems or export mixdown if you want to do some processing on the way out.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by alfredohuerta on Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:36 am
Thanks to all your answers. Adding markers using the Y key and then exporting mixdown while having the "between markers" checked works perfectly for my needs.

Dell Latitude E6530, 16 GB Ram, Two 1-TB SSD
Windows 10/64
Novation LaunchKey 49 USB Keyboard
Studio One 6.5.2.97444 Win x64

6 posts
Page 1 of 1