2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm very new to Studio One 6 Pro and just about completely new to Ampire.

This morning, I dragged and dropped Ampire onto a new song track. I tried three different Ampire sounds in the "Experimental" section that I liked: Hyperfuzz, Science Fiction, and Trippy AC. I played my electric guitar just to hear the sounds and didn't record anything, exiting out of Studio One without saving any of my work.

This evening, I went back into Studio One to try recording some of those sounds. I went through what I think were the same steps, though I may well have done something different without realizing it. In any case, when I tried playing those three sounds again with my guitar, my results were:
- Hyperfuzz sounded exactly the same, at the same volume
- Sciencfiction sounded the same, but at one quarter the volume
- Tripp AC either wasn't working, or the volume was so low I couldn't hear anything
This morning, all three of these sounds were at the same volume.

I'm playing a *really* crappy electric guitar that I had lying around the house: 40 years old, someone put it together from assorted parts, one of the two pickups seems broken. But I don't see how to blame the guitar for this: clearly the signal path is OK for Hyperfuzz, so why the change in the others?

This probably has a super simple explanation because I have so little idea what I'm doing. I'd appreciate someone telling me what it is. Thanks!

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (21H2), Studio One 6.0.1 Pro | Universal Control v3.6.4.87069
PCs for Everyone (i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, no graphics card, 32 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, 2 TB disk)
Presonus Studio 1810c | Nektar Impact LX61+
by Trucky on Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:53 am
I tested each of those presets with my guitar and also a pre-recorded guitar audio loop.
Even though the resulting sounds are very different the output levels were consistent.

I'd recommend first recording an example audio track of your guitar "without" Ampire.
Listen to confirm there's no issues with your guitar (the volume is consistent) and save the song.
This rules out the time of day issues you're having.
Now add Ampire to the recorded audio track to test the volume issues you're having with each of those presets you like and report back your results.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32

2 posts
Page 1 of 1