3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello Studio One Community, I recently copied an entire song folder with set of 16 tracks. The overall song folder originated on a different computer. I coped the entire file and pasted on my computer.

On the new computer I have remixed the song and created alternative song mixes created by Save As. This creates a small file that is at the opening of the overall song file. These new songs all use the same Media folder. There's probably a better way for nomenclature but I hope you get the idea.

Can I import my new song files (the small memory file you create when you do Save As) into the original overall song folder on original computer? Are the headers/pointers in the background that does not allow this to work?

The stems in the Media a folder are unchanged with new song saves?

thank you for any replies.
by Tacman7 on Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:34 pm
Save as is a trap, I have bad memories of trying to straighten out which files belong to which version.

You can't delete anything because you won't remember which song needs which files.

Best for each song to have its own folder unless very minor changes.

It's not been my experience that 'save as' is any different than 'save' as far as it's a song file.

If you deleted everything out of it then it would be a lot smaller, only way I can see.

Save as was bigger when I just tried it.

SaveAsSize.JPG

Folders don't exist until you use them, so export stems and you have a stem folder etc.

What you record or import is in media usually.

Best way to copy a song to another computer is to copy/zip the song folder.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by nforster on Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:11 pm
Hi Tacman

I could copy the entire song folder back to the original computer. In this case I would be repeating the Media folder which has 16 tracks one hour long from a session. I am remixing it on a different computer.

I could copy the new version entire file and delete the old on the original.

However, it seems like I should be able to copy the new .mix files that capture the GUI settings and paste into the original? The .mix extension files are small (I think), they have the GUI settings? I have not changed the media folder (I think) if I did this would not work. I'm going back to the studio Thursday. I think I'll try this importing new .mix file into the original file and see if they open. I won't be surprised if they don't. Be nice if there was a way to do this, though.

If it doesn't work I will have the entire song on SSD/USB as backup and copy the whole file.

Thanks for the response.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1