4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi!

Is there any way and how to monitor the input channel while recording, but without printing effects?

I really need to eq monitoring acoustic guitar while recording it. Gear in use: Audient id14 and Beyerdynamic dt150.

/Nikk
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:20 am
Not sure I follow. If you have the monitor on but record off, that should accomplish what you are after.

Two other thoughts that could be relevant: Effects could just be on a bus or FX send and then those would not be printed. Also it might be worth mentioning that you can bypass FX on a track while recording (regardless of how many effects on a channel) with the inserts being turned off on either the mixer or the track inspector.

Sorry if I'm not following.

Bye......:roll:
by NikkDust on Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:28 am
Ok, thanks.

I’ll check up on this then.

/Nikk
by Tacman7 on Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:17 am
NikkDust wroteIs there any way and how to monitor the input channel while recording, but without printing effects?

That's what the monitor button on the track is for. What you do to the track comes after the recording takes place, so raising the slider or changing the inserts is only changing your monitoring.

You have to go out of your way to print fx, like put your insert into the input section in the console. That will print on the recording. When you bounce an instrument track that does actually print the fx on the track.

viewtopic.php?f=153&t=127

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

4 posts
Page 1 of 1