4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi All.
I'm trying to install/set up my new AKAI APC KEY 25 to Studio One 6.
It's not listed in the Add Keyboard section and, although as a "New Keyboard", I can get it to play through Presence, none of the Controller Mapping is obvious to me.
It is of course designed for Ableton but the Shop Guy assured me that it's suitable for "Most" DAWs.
Any help will be appreciated or it's going back to the Store! :roll:
Cheers!
Ken

Presonus Studio One 6 Pro (always the latest update!) Presonus Sphere Member, Presonus StudioLive 24.4.2.Ai. Too many Waves Plugins. Melodyne 5 Pro, EZ Drummer 2, EZ Keys, Active Drummer, Active Keys. Notion 6. Ozone 10. Ozone Suite including RX 10 etc.
Owner: Footloose Recording Studios. NSW. Australia
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:13 am
Not sure if I can help but one thing about S1 is that you have to configure a "controller" as well as the keyboard in the midi preferences.

Add "new control surface" as well as the keyboard you already did, set the "receive from" to the controller and you should be good to go.

Bye......:roll:
by Tacman7 on Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:22 am
So how's it going with the Akai?

How do you want to use it? Lot of buttons in there, map to macros maybe.

You would have to set it up from scratch about how it would function using control link.

https://s1manual.presonus.com/#Control_ ... 257C_____0
In the new manual you have to click above left to get the table of contents.

The keys should work when you create a new keyboard, maybe transport? Is that working?

Not sure if this is relevant:
https://answers.presonus.com/13126/add- ... udio-one-3

Can you change what it puts out? like change what is sent with a button press?

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by kaygeeeff on Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:07 am
Hi Guys!
Apologies for the delay is getting back to you :(
My mistake was letting myself being talked into buying a controller when all I wanted was a smaller keyboard than the 64 key which I already have and don't have the studio real estate for it!
I'm going to take it back as the salesperson assured me that it would install to Studio One with no problems!
Thanks for your comments! :)
Ken

Presonus Studio One 6 Pro (always the latest update!) Presonus Sphere Member, Presonus StudioLive 24.4.2.Ai. Too many Waves Plugins. Melodyne 5 Pro, EZ Drummer 2, EZ Keys, Active Drummer, Active Keys. Notion 6. Ozone 10. Ozone Suite including RX 10 etc.
Owner: Footloose Recording Studios. NSW. Australia

4 posts
Page 1 of 1