7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Ladies and Gentlemen.

I'm trying to slow the BPM down of an entire song while keeping the pitch. I used to be able to do it but for some reason now its leaving gaps and it sounds totally off. The odd thing is my "time stretch" is enabled on all audio tracks.

Mac Studio M1 Ultra running Ventura
RME MADIFACE PRO > FERROFISH A32 PRO AD/DA. FOCAL TWIN 6be MONITORS, GRACE M905 CONTROLLER, MANLEY, IGS, UA Audio, PULTEC, MAAG, WES AUDIO, NEVE, HERITAGE AUDIO, BETTERMAKER, Yada yada
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:44 am
A. It would be nice to see the tracks in the arranger after time stretching. "Gaps" can mean many things.

B. I've too had some time stretch issues in 6, but I'm not sure how to quantify steps to reproduce at this time :roll: Possibly related to the OP issue is that it doesn't seem to matter which time stretch algo you use. Slow down is much pickier than speed up here. To my ears, they all sound the same regardless of what the source is (except of course "tape" as the pitch changes)

Bye......:roll:
by johnboyd4 on Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:53 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteA. It would be nice to see the tracks in the arranger after time stretching. "Gaps" can mean many things.

B. I've too had some time stretch issues in 6, but I'm not sure how to quantify steps to reproduce at this time :roll: Possibly related to the OP issue is that it doesn't seem to matter which time stretch algo you use. Slow down is much pickier than speed up here. To my ears, they all sound the same regardless of what the source is (except of course "tape" as the pitch changes)

This is after going from 140 bpm down to 110. The midi slows down and keeps pitch but the guitar tracks do not even though time stretch is enabled. As you can see there is gaps in the guitar now

RME MADIFACE PRO > FERROFISH A32 PRO AD/DA. FOCAL TWIN 6be MONITORS, GRACE M905 CONTROLLER, MANLEY, IGS, UA Audio, PULTEC, MAAG, WES AUDIO, NEVE, HERITAGE AUDIO, BETTERMAKER, Yada yada
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:58 pm
Oh yes, I see that now.

Give me a few and I'll fiddle with it with some audio tracks and see what happens. (just got back from the shrink, I'm not crazy, no, those winged unicorns are there, smoking cigars and having a pint, and the sugar dust fairies? Oh snap..... )

Bye......:roll:
by Tacman7 on Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:58 pm
Right click the audio event, double click and type in the file tempo, good if you know the tempo used to create the file.

Then it will jump to fill the space. Maybe loop select them then only do that once.

If you don't know the file tempo you can find out in Melodyne.

Good vids:
https://helpcenter.celemony.com/M5/doc/ ... =studioOne

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by johnboyd4 on Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:21 am
Tacman7 wroteRight click the audio event, double click and type in the file tempo, good if you know the tempo used to create the file.

Then it will jump to fill the space. Maybe loop select them then only do that once.

If you don't know the file tempo you can find out in Melodyne.

Good vids:
https://helpcenter.celemony.com/M5/doc/ ... =studioOne

Ive never had to do it like that before. I used to just change the bpm and it would stretch the entire session. Audio, midi, all of it. I would love to know what changed or what I did that it wont work now.
I only do this with music I record myself. Sometimes I slow riffs down a tad to get the guitar riffs recorded tighter than I put the bpm back up to what it was. Just cant seem to make that work now.

by SwitchBack on Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:30 am
Check your preferences. There's a tick box for saving tempo data with files. Maybe it was cleared.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1