7 posts
Page 1 of 1
just a heads up for those that own the FG-X by Slate... FG-X2 FINALLY came out today and is free of charge :roll: lol. sounds pretty good preliminarily but ain't really messed with it yet... just made sure all functions worked. reckon i have done too much beta work lol

i reckon they have been beaten across the forehead so much over FG-X for how many years now? not to mention all the broken promises i suppose they weren't about to try and charge previous owners lol the devil in me kinda wished they HAD tried to charge for the upgrade... that would have been a hoot to sit back and watch the net blow up lol. if i am not mistaken i have had it since 2014 according to my ilok lol

the interface is what it is... at least you can read the thing lol i ain't too picky on the GUI unless it is so ugly it makes you want to turn away or gouge your eyes out. at least it is very functional. that is a plus.

anyways... i just got the email a couple of hours ago (was watching US vs Eng) and installed it and just wanted to shout out for those that quit following Slate lol (i don't blame you... i quit bitching after about 2 years lol)

cheers

https://slatedigital.com/fg-x-2/

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by reggie1979beatz on Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:40 pm
It's so "2010's" :lol:

Nah, it looks cool. Not sure I want to jump on the "gravy train" again. :mrgreen:

25 bones a month is TOO much, 10 bones a month is "fake" (it's annual and that is for 6 months, and then it's 15 bones. The annual is 150 bones, My head hurts :lol: )

Bye......:roll:
by jBranam on Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:14 pm
i don't do subs only perpetual licenses if that is what you were referring to. this was promised probably over 6 years ago now.

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by reggie1979beatz on Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:35 am
Well, the reason I signed up for the 30 day trial of the sub was that I had really missed a couple of things about the VMR. For one, that "neve" EQ is by far the best one I've ever tried/used. In fact, I put it on a bass track and walla! Now I remember what I was missing.

Plus, on top of trying the new version you mentioned, there are few new VMR things that might be worth having. There is a 73.469% chance I will not continue the sub into payment, but no harm no foul in checking things out.

Perpetual licenses are WAY too expensive unless you are just using one or two things. I have 0% interest in the verbs, synths, or THU "slate", I have much better options already.

by jBranam on Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:01 am
i bought most of my stuff years ago before anyone was trying to gouge monthly for revenue flow lol subs are the fastest way to get me to dump a company. no bloody company works enough for what they are paid in monthly subs. but that is up to each individual if they wish to throw their money away. i am disabled and live on a fixed income and have for years now hence why i am frugal but then again i was a hard bleep before becoming disabled lol i am sure many know i won't even pay full asking price on anything lol (i even got my first ilok dongle for free lol)

tbh imo most people don't even work enough for what they are paid in hourly wages these days. i am old enough to remember when minimum wage was $2.37 lol now they are crying over $15 an hour lol kids want to sit back and live on an entry level part time job. those jobs are meant to only get your foot in the door and are supposed to force people to move UP in society and now even companies want monthly revenue while essentially giving nothing back in return.

what did the left say? "you will own nothing and you will be happy" lol my bleep i got a news flash... you can't squeeze blood out of a turnip :readit: lol

p.s. i don't even donate to 'supposed' charities lol of the money donated they first pay salaries, utilities and rent before passing any money on so people are lucky if $.02 of what was given goes to where it was intended. but... i will willingly give you the shirt off my back if you need it
Last edited by jBranam on Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by reggie1979beatz on Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:17 am
Yeah, I don't get the sub hate.

Even when I had the sub for slate, it cost me a grand total of 300 bucks for two years. Most of that time, I used VMR and some of the other goodies on a VERY regular basis.

So, here's the math: Perpetual licenses would have cost me about 1200 usd in that time for the stuff I used nearly every day. But I also had a bunch of stuff that I used often enough that would have cost me another grand roughly.

So, subs a gravy train? Not by any stretch of the imagination. AGAIN, I'm pretty sure I will not continue the sub into the money part, but if I did, and I'm going to use the stuff, it would cost me a whopping 149 USD for one year AND all the new stuff they are constantly adding.

But hey, I never was good at math. Ancient alien theorists say yes.

by jBranam on Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:23 am
lol anyone can justify anything to themselves if they so desire. there is no 'your truth' and 'my truth'... there is but one truth

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯

7 posts
Page 1 of 1