15 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm using S1 with a Focusrite 18i20 interface at 48K, 24 bit. Sometimes when I'm not recording I like to watch some YouTube videos. Whenever I do this, the videos are slow and garbled for 30 seconds or so. I can manually run through the bit rate settings on the interface, back to where I started (48k) and it plays correctly. My Windows sound control panel is also set to 48k, 24 bit. Does anybody know of any method to make this work without the weirdness?
Last edited by rodshort on Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by Jemusic on Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:57 am
In my desktop computer I have completely disabled the internal audio. That way Studio One and and any Windows audio gets routed to the interface all the time.

The quality of your interface will be better than the internal computer audio and latency for the internal audio wont be great either.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by BobF on Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:30 am
To avoid sample rate conflicts and internal audio use, I use one of these:
https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BP0

My DAW interface outputs are routed to it along with monitors and another set of speakers. It allows control plus it is a USB interface that is set as the default Windows audio device.

Been using it for years - one of the best investments I've made

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by Tacman7 on Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:35 am
I had to be careful for years because a 44.1k file would play like a chipmunk cause I ran 48k but I would export in 44.1k.

Still do but for some reason I can play either sample rate, watch you tube while "working" in S1, and not even notice.

Guess that's to do with the Motu M2 interface, or things are better in the future?

Kind of curious but I don't want to jinx it.

I don't have release driver in background checked either. That's something you do if you're locked out of a device. I'm having video card problems right now so M2 is my only sound system. The HDMI driver is what I would have for sounds when the interface is turned off.

My older TC firewire interface has a wdm driver you load for windows sounds in the control software and a ASIO driver for the interface proper.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Lokeyfly on Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:15 am
Tacman7 wroteI had to be careful for years because a 44.1k file would play like a chipmunk cause I ran 48k but I would export in 44.1k.

Still do but for some reason I can play either sample rate, watch you tube while "working" in S1, and not even notice.

Guess that's to do with the Motu M2 interface, or things are better in the future?

Kind of curious but I don't want to jinx it.

I don't have release driver in background checked either.

I've noticed the same. It's not the MOTU but likely the internal fliating point processing. Even at 32 bit (now 64) its pretty amazing how even different sample rates, namely 44.1k and 48k can be shared in a song without issue. There's definatley been a upturn in audio interfaces as well, but this convergence of mixed sample rates within a song has been very good for a while now. Even my older Audiobox doesn't present a 44.1k mixed with 48k issue because Interfaces mostly act on the A to D, and D to A processing, not internal. The 64 bit Floating Point does the heavy lifting. That, and the better dithering techniques now used make our production needs all but invisible. Where problems might rear their ugly head might be in conjunction with older equipment, poorer digital converters, or poor clock sync, where audible glitches start to show up. But that's not with the internal processing as much as I/O conversion.

Scary, my Audient iD14 MkII can be left at a buffer of 8 when recording. No discernable latency for all practial purposes. I'll forget to change it until many more tracks added. That's a compliment to both Audient, Presonus on its side, and supporting technologies.
Good stuff!
Quite a difference from years ago, when I had numerous SCSI drives, and pleaded with the reflection gods.

The MOTU M2 is also a very fine interface!

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by rodshort on Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:46 pm
Thanks everyone for the responses. Unfortunately, I still can't make YouTube videos playback without garbled audio. Eventually, it catches up and gets normal but, it is really annoying. Does anybody know what audio resolution YouTube uses?

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by JohnBW on Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:18 am
I run Studio One with my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 at 48kHz. Have my Windows audio set to use my Focusrite USB audio as the default device with advanced settings in Windows sound properties of 24 bit, 48000 Hz.

No problems here running Studio One and YouTube at the same time.

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by reggie1979beatz on Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:45 am
I'm only chiming in to say that I've COMPLETELY given up on anything other than 44.1k for a variety of reasons. Including but not limited to, what you are describing and also it seems that several plugs are not tested properly at higher SR's.

Mac seems to be the exception to the rule in that most of you peeps run at 48k w/o problems. Windoze seems to be far pickier.

One other thing about SR's is that I tried going 48k when I upgraded 11. Amp sims (synths are not affected) were fizzier and too "hi-fi" for my taste anyways.

Bye......:roll:
by SwitchBack on Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:19 pm
Adding to all of the above:
Try every USB port on your computer, don't use external hubs. And check in the system setting if the port you're using is maybe sharing its internal hub with other internal devices pilfering bus capacity or forcing the hub to toggle between devices.
by DJKeys on Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:17 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteI'm only chiming in to say that I've COMPLETELY given up on anything other than 44.1k for a variety of reasons. Including but not limited to, what you are describing and also it seems that several plugs are not tested properly at higher SR's.

Mac seems to be the exception to the rule in that most of you peeps run at 48k w/o problems. Windoze seems to be far pickier.

One other thing about SR's is that I tried going 48k when I upgraded 11. Amp sims (synths are not affected) were fizzier and too "hi-fi" for my taste anyways.

Mac computers appear to be easier. I have a Focusrite Clarett 8Pre set to internal clock at 48. Studio One, Youtube, everything runs fine through the interface when sound control panel is configured to use the interface.

-dj

2019 iMAC i7
250GB SSD (internal)
1TB SSD (external)x2
16GB RAM
OSX 13.5
Studio One 5.5.2
Waves Platinum v14
Ozone 9 Advanced
Focusrite Dual Mono Mic Pre
Focusrite Clarett 8Pre

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Nektar T4
by rodshort on Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:12 am
So, after a lot of experimenting/troubleshooting, the problem seems to be dependent on my buffer size. Since I monitor through an analog mixing console, which bypasses any latency issues, I typically just leave my buffer set ton 1024. Now I find that when I lower my buffer size YouTube videos play properly. Not real sure why this is the case but, it works so....

by craigallen2 on Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:31 pm
BobF wroteTo avoid sample rate conflicts and internal audio use, I use one of these:

My DAW interface outputs are routed to it along with monitors and another set of speakers. It allows control plus it is a USB interface that is set as the default Windows audio device.

Bob,
So, S1 often crashes my Apollo X6 when I'm opening S1 (defaulting to 48k ASIO) when I've had a browser open playing Windows Audio at 44.1k. I think it's some problem with the UAD Apollo, but it most commonly reveals itself when opening Studio One, or whenever it auto-changes sample rates.

So, you are saying that this hardware unit alleviates all the Windows vs. Asio and 44.1 vs. 48k headaches that Windows users (and especially Windows Apollo users) have been fighting?

For a $150 unit, and being Behringer, I'm a bit concerned about audio fidelity loss. Is it crazy to run DAW outputs through this unit rather than through the high quality DA conversion from a $2000 Apollo unit, plus their quality headphone amps?

Is there another fix that solves Windows audio that doesn't compromise conversion?
by BobF on Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:53 pm
craigallen2 wrote
BobF wroteTo avoid sample rate conflicts and internal audio use, I use one of these:

Bob,
So, S1 often crashes my Apollo X6 when I'm opening S1 (defaulting to 48k ASIO) when I've had a browser open playing Windows Audio at 44.1k. I think it's some problem with the UAD Apollo, but it most commonly reveals itself when opening Studio One, or whenever it auto-changes sample rates.

So, you are saying that this hardware unit alleviates all the Windows vs. Asio and 44.1 vs. 48k headaches that Windows users (and especially Windows Apollo users) have been fighting?

For a $150 unit, and being Behringer, I'm a bit concerned about audio fidelity loss. Is it crazy to run DAW outputs through this unit rather than through the high quality DA conversion from a $2000 Apollo unit, plus their quality headphone amps?

Is there another fix that solves Windows audio that doesn't compromise conversion?

Sure. Any monitor controller/matrix will let you use different interfaces for different apps routed to the same speakers. PreSonus makes one as does Mackie and others.

-

Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
by lawajava on Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:39 pm
I’m only responding here with an additional perspective.

I have an RME Babyface Pro. It (and I presume other RME audio interfaces) includes a nice loopback feature.

In my case, sure listening to YouTube and StudioOne works fine. Additionally this week I happen to be using the loopback feature which allows me to record YouTube or any URL (like SoundCloud) audio directly in to Studio One. I’m using that audio for a specific purpose this week (retrieving historic audio of an ancient relative). I thought I’d mention loopback capability as one further step beyond just listening.

Studio One Pro latest, Macbook Pro M3 Max, 64GB. 10TB SSD. Babyface Pro audio interface. KRK VXT8 Monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, NI Maschine Jam, NI Komplete Kontrol S88, S61 and S49 and S25, Guitars, Bass. Main mic is Shure SM7db.
by BobF on Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:01 pm
BobF wrote
craigallen2 wrote

Bob,

Sure. Any monitor controller/matrix will let you use different interfaces for different apps routed to the same speakers. PreSonus makes one as does Mackie and others.

Audio from your DAW interface does not get DA/AD on the way to the monitor outs. This unit DOES have it's own USB interface that can be used as an interface for Windows non-DAW audio; youtube, etc.

You still use your high-end interface for the DAW. This box gives you two things; a) a separate interface for Win audio, and b) a matrix for routing different audio sources to different speakers/monitors.

-

15 posts
Page 1 of 1