84 postsPage 5 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
I had that problem.

This took care of it. Done!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07FZ93L ... asin_title

$40 - won’t break the bank to try it.

Oh wow! I didn’t realize there five pages to this thread. I’d already commented the same.

Studio One Pro latest, Macbook Pro M3 Max, 64GB. 10TB SSD. Babyface Pro audio interface. KRK VXT8 Monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, NI Maschine Jam, NI Komplete Kontrol S88, S61 and S49 and S25, Guitars, Bass. Main mic is Shure SM7db.
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:43 pm
I didn't realize you had either :hunf:

Anyways, took the sides off, looked at the two mobos.........and.......er, I think this is going to take just a wittle bit wonger to figure :lol:

They are REALLY different. Some pre-work has to be done.

Bye......:roll:
by davidmaser on Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:53 pm
Hi,

Have you ever checked to see if your guitar and bass have proper shielding tape and a well soldered grounding wire? I had a japanese strat a few years back that produced a lot of interference. When I took off the pickguard, I noticed that there was no shielding tape and the grounding wire was just hanging loose. Since then, if I buy a new guitar or bass, I always re-apply copper shielding tape and make sure all the solders are clean. Surprisingly had to do this recently on a Mexican tele that had no shielding tape and poor quality solders.

Cheers
by reggie1979beatz on Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:29 pm
davidmaser wroteHi,

Have you ever checked to see if your guitar and bass have proper shielding tape and a well soldered grounding wire? I had a japanese strat a few years back that produced a lot of interference. When I took off the pickguard, I noticed that there was no shielding tape and the grounding wire was just hanging loose. Since then, if I buy a new guitar or bass, I always re-apply copper shielding tape and make sure all the solders are clean. Surprisingly had to do this recently on a Mexican tele that had no shielding tape and poor quality solders.

Cheers

Well, not really. The reason why is because every single guitar has the same problem. The only one (and I'm not keeping it because I'm not a metal god :lol: ) is the Caparison, and that is just because the pups are really way too hot.

Even my new Ibanez AZ's with a couple of single coils act about the same as a bucker (maybe a little noisier, but that is to be expected me thinks. )

I'm fried over it :oops: I've got the new parts, but I'm still leaning towards electrical overall. I can build it and still send stuff back, but right now it's hummin' along better than ever. Uggggg, maybe it's even a perfection issue :evil:

I don't know if I mentioned this. When I have the sides of the case off (looking at how I might hook up the "new new" mobo), it's much worse. So that now has me thinking that maybe (and I have no idea what) there is some kinda shielding mesh or whatnot and concentrate on that.

The other thing is, as mentioned not a metal god, just don't have the gain too high. Frankly guys like EVH really didn't use much gain, it was the way he played that got that tone. Right now I'm sticking with ONE amp sim and forcing myself to make it work (Nembrini "Dumble" model). Even at 58, I'm still working on technique. Maybe this is an opportunity to get my tone chops better. But I digress.....

Bye......:roll:

84 postsPage 5 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5