10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Almost everything I do as far as the "wrenches" are concerned are remembered the new time I do a project/new or otherwise. But there is one thing that does not: Under mixer/"input", if you check it it is lost the next time you open Studio One.

This has been there in previous versions as well. I'm puzzled. Sure, a keyswitch, that is fine, but I'm not clear on why almost everything using the wrench is there on new/old projects, and this is not :?

Other than the mentioned keyswitch, is there any thoughts or logic behind why this is the case?

Bye......:roll:
by Tacman7 on Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:23 am
I'm not following...

This is what the wrench looks like in my mixer:
The one Input Controls is the only one that says input on it.
That shows the trim controls. I set it and rebooted and it was still set.

InputControls.JPG

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by reggie1979beatz on Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:50 am
Tacman7 wroteI'm not following...

This is what the wrench looks like in my mixer:
The one Input Controls is the only one that says input on it.
That shows the trim controls. I set it and rebooted and it was still set.

InputControls.JPG

Doesn't work here :evil: Gremlins, can't shoot 'em, can't figure them out :lol:

by reggie1979beatz on Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:51 am
And just to be clear, it's been happening with all the versions since those were introduced.

by andrewgarton on Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:34 pm
Yep, I totally agree with you that this is weird and annoying. I want the gain and polarity controls every time. Although using a template does get around this problem.

-------
Specs:
Studio One 5 professional
Windows 10
Laptop: Asus ROG Strix G 15.6in FHD 144Hz i7 10750H GTX1660Ti 512GB SSD 16GB RAM W10H Gaming Laptop (G512LU-HN093T)
Interface: RME UCX
by reggie1979beatz on Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:27 pm
Whew! So it's not just me. I'd submit a ticket, but we most likely know how that will go :roll:

In the meantime, my keycommand will have to do. And you are of course correct, a template is a good workaround. For me, it's bringing down unruly synth patches :lol: and dialing in guitar and bass inputs at times.

OH! I forgot to mention, if you just mean the input (which of course requires an extra step again) and not the top of the channels in the mixer, it's right there :shock: However, ever single "new" project still has the wrench part unchecked.

Ah, it's almost 2023 and after 2 decades of really killer improvements....still with the workarounds.... ;)

by Jemusic on Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:13 pm
I can see the reason why the Input meters don't show up every time. I think its because the mixer real estate has to get pushed over to expose all the input channels. And if you have a lot of inputs then they all get exposed hiding even more mixer channels.

I think it's by design and not a bug either. The reason to see input channels should be decision you have to make each time in my opinion. It's not something you always need to monitor either as the input meter to the track will often usually suffice.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by reggie1979beatz on Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:27 pm
It's possible you are correct, but it's still kinda weird. Like I said, the "input" channel AWAYS shows it. So, I dunno.

It's TOTALLY a first-world problem, but it's also one of those things that (old school reference) "make you go hmmmmmmm"

Remember: It's the check box in the wrench settings that does not stay on that is my biggest weird thing. If it was always on, then I'd say you are correct.

by reggie1979beatz on Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:06 am
I submitted a ticket finally. Not sure how that will go, but again, if all the other stuff stays on in that setting/s, this should too ;)

by reggie1979beatz on Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:08 pm
They were like "do a feature request" and don't let the door hit me in the (&*& :lol:

Oh well, it was worth a try.

10 posts
Page 1 of 1