55 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
Lokeyfly wroteHaven't you heard? The new S1v6 Vocoder, and dumbed down custom startup configurations (CEO inspired, no doubt) are putting Studio One users on the map, with new songs, and major recording contracts.

Funny, I was getting ready to pull the trigger on v6 this weekend, but honestly, I wrote a new song yesterday (while new album's out in two weeks) and anything else would just get in the way. Lol. I'll probably get to purchasing version 6, but I can't get there. That's working out just fine. ;)

I have to get back to my old v5 latest update lacking slide guitar.
See ya's!

If you really want a major recording contract, buy V6, then go back in and put vocoder on all your album songs and add it to your new song as well. Then throw in some reverse slide guitar and you'll be idolized.

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by Janko Kezar on Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:29 am
MisterE wrote
Same here, but I'll go out on a limb and predict that when resistance is noted we'll get 30% off the regular upgrade before the end of the year.

Hopefully theyll reconsider, but I doubt it. This kind of douchery theyre doing since Sphere came along really puts me off.

Like you Ill invest into something else for the time being. I allready have all the Arturia stuff and its great.

HP z230 i7/16gb , HP Elitebook 8470 i7/12gb ,Win 10, 64 bit, S1 3.3.1, 2.6.5 64bit Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, AllenHeath Qu-24, Steinberg UR22-mkII
by reggie1979beatz on Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:33 am
I don't know if "douchery" is the right word. Frankly, it's cheaper most of the time to go Sphere. I know, I know, subs are evil, the world is ending, all that :lol:

One thing I'll say, 6 is a BEAST! I can't get over how good it is. I'm used to first (or even first update) releases being poop with most DAW's in the past.

Bye......:roll:
by MisterE on Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:36 am
My prediction just came true ... just about. Check it out, $119 at Thomann USA:

https://www.thomannmusic.com/search_dir ... 1f2cd_4698

Mathematicians amongst you may notice that is less than 30% off and no strong dollar discount, but, in any event, looks like there is an update discount out there in the ether.

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by MisterE on Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:39 am
reggie1979beatz wroteI don't know if "douchery" is the right word. Frankly, it's cheaper most of the time to go Sphere. I know, I know, subs are evil, the world is ending, all that :lol:

One thing I'll say, 6 is a BEAST! I can't get over how good it is. I'm used to first (or even first update) releases being poop with most DAW's in the past.

There does seem to be an absence of the whining and complaining many of us excel at.

The more I think about it, the more probable it is that vocoder avoidance has been holding me back all these years.

by reggie1979beatz on Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:43 am
That is the one thing I care very little about. It's not unwelcomed, but right now I have other fish to fry :mrgreen:

by MisterE on Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:46 am
Upon further reflection and a second cup of coffee: I'm wondering if that Thomann $119 deal isn't a Black Friday price, as in could it be their standard upgrade price with the currency discount I've mentioned???

by Janko Kezar on Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:48 am
MisterE wroteUpon further reflection and a second cup of coffee: I'm wondering if that Thomann $119 deal isn't a Black Friday price, as in could it be their standard upgrade price with the currency discount I've mentioned???

It isnt. Its just a stronger dollar price. If you buy from an EU country the price is 139€. It was the same for some time now.

HP z230 i7/16gb , HP Elitebook 8470 i7/12gb ,Win 10, 64 bit, S1 3.3.1, 2.6.5 64bit Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, AllenHeath Qu-24, Steinberg UR22-mkII
by johnanzinger on Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:35 am
Hmmmm.... Thomann purchase a tad dubious. They should be upfront about the download delay:

"Dear customer,

Thank you for purchasing Presonus Studio One 6 Pro UG 1-5 Pro. Unfortunately, we are not yet able to send you all the required information. We are truly sorry about this.

Download licenses for this product are sent out by the manufacturer. This means that delays may occur depending on the day of the week and the time of day that you purchase this item. However, we will do everything within our power to get the license to you as speedily as possible."

Win 10 (latest) on SSD
S1 V5 Pro latest
10 GB RAM
2.8 i7 Intel
Radeon HD5800 graphics
Songs on 7200 hard drive
Focusrite Liquid 56
by reggie1979beatz on Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:40 am
THAT is a joke! Honestly, if they can't provide it proper, SAY SO UP FRONT!

by tstille on Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:25 pm
Well, Reason Studios and Presonus are both falling into the same predatory marketing bucket for me. Only difference being that somehow Reason managed to do better then Presonus with this years sale. Never would have seen that coming. Reason is giving subs a 50% discount on annual and monthly. Perpetual users get 30% on an already bloated price model and stripped features. Now Presonus is over here like "hold my beer": NO SALES for perpetual users!

Between the anti-consumer licensing tactics and predatory sub-models many of these folks are taking a path I just refuse participate in. I imagine by the end of Q1 2023 I will have sold the majority of my licenses and whittled the decision down to two suitable, user centric platforms. That is to say, developers that actually value their users more than their margins.

Ableton hit the chopping block in 2021 due to trash dev cycles combined with greedy pricing. Cubase failed their transition to no dongle with a "time-bomb" in the user license. Sub-only models are coming with time, get ready. Current tactics are allowing them to see the metrics associated with slowly phasing out perpetual license holders and associated benefits.

DAW's like Reaper and FL will continue to see increased customer counts as these marketing tactics play out.
by MisterE on Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:32 pm
johnanzinger wroteHmmmm.... Thomann purchase a tad dubious. They should be upfront about the download delay:

"Dear customer,

Thank you for purchasing Presonus Studio One 6 Pro UG 1-5 Pro. Unfortunately, we are not yet able to send you all the required information. We are truly sorry about this.

Download licenses for this product are sent out by the manufacturer. This means that delays may occur depending on the day of the week and the time of day that you purchase this item. However, we will do everything within our power to get the license to you as speedily as possible."

Well, while I'm not going to tell you that's not somewhat annoying, I don't know about you, but I'd wait a few days to save 30% or so -- but everything's relative, so if that's too long for you, it's too long for you.

I will defend Thomann a little bit as a USA buyer who bought some fairly exotic German keyboard stands and stand add-ons from then a while back, not only were their prices awesome, their customer service assuring me not to worry about international delivery turned out to be true, it was as fast and easy as they said it would be, and, to top it off, they didn't charge any USA tax. Not sure if that's still the policy, but it very well may be. So for anyone in the USA, you get the "currency discount" and no tax if you purchase from Thomann (and maybe other international dealers). Very friendly and quick to respond to email questions, too.

by MisterE on Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:42 pm
Janko Kezar wrote
MisterE wroteUpon further reflection and a second cup of coffee: I'm wondering if that Thomann $119 deal isn't a Black Friday price, as in could it be their standard upgrade price with the currency discount I've mentioned???

It isnt. Its just a stronger dollar price. If you buy from an EU country the price is 139€. It was the same for some time now.

It's kind of crazy, as I drive past the ever-growing homeless encampments all over LA fighting back tears, that the American dollar is viewed by economists as so strong vs the supposedly less stable rest of the world, but I digress ...

by reggie1979beatz on Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:43 pm
One year of Sphere for 123 bucks? Sign me up! Oh, already did :lol:

Sorry to those who are having trouble.

by reggie1979beatz on Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:01 pm
MEH! I got the kibosh too :evil:

Probably what had happened was, that they don't have the codes currently. I'm in no hurry since I'm still registered to the regular sub, but sheesh! We are all having WAY too many problems.

BTW, I ordered mine through Sweetwater.

by reggie1979beatz on Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:36 pm
Ok, Sweetwater does it again :)

All registered.

by johnanzinger on Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:38 pm
Looks likeThomann added a disclaimer on their site:
"Not available immediately."

That's better. I'm in no hurry.
I clearly don't understand how vendors get license numbers.

Win 10 (latest) on SSD
S1 V5 Pro latest
10 GB RAM
2.8 i7 Intel
Radeon HD5800 graphics
Songs on 7200 hard drive
Focusrite Liquid 56
by MisterE on Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:46 pm
johnanzinger wroteLooks likeThomann added a disclaimer on their site:

Are you sure you just didn't notice it earlier? I ask cause I've seen that message before attached to software I've been interested in. Of course it's all kinda mysterious how the licenses work time-wise ... but it sounds like you consider a few days here and there worth the discount(s) too.

by reggie1979beatz on Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:24 pm
Yeah, I dunno. I really like and appreciate MANY vendors, for a variety of reasons. But it's entirely TOO possible that it was added later. That's just experience talking. I love dudes' attitude though because in the end it's a FWP and though instant gratification is killer, hopefully it won't be a tough wait. I'm not "across the pond" but they seem to have a good rep. I actually ordered a guitar from Andertons (you couldn't get it in the States) and they were super cool to me. Killer price too, even with fee waybill and the normal garbage :lol: (did you see what I did there??? )

In my case, it was just a little bit of a shock because with all the peeps talking about issues, it was like "oh wow, now even Sweetwater?? " But I digress, they solved it QUITE quickly.

When I order from them, Mark always calls straight away. It's obvious he's very genuine and gives a crap. Maybe they are just paid handsomely, but I still appreciate it.

by johnanzinger on Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:05 pm
MisterE wrote
johnanzinger wroteLooks likeThomann added a disclaimer on their site:

Are you sure you just didn't notice it earlier? I ask cause I've seen that message before attached to software I've been interested in. Of course it's all kinda mysterious how the licenses work time-wise ... but it sounds like you consider a few days here and there worth the discount(s) too.

Pretty certain the message was updated.
No biggie. Happy to save a few bucks.

Win 10 (latest) on SSD
S1 V5 Pro latest
10 GB RAM
2.8 i7 Intel
Radeon HD5800 graphics
Songs on 7200 hard drive
Focusrite Liquid 56

55 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3