55 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3
I know it's not prefender, but one thing I'm really tired of is BF "percentage off" stuff that you check in the checkout and you get the "not valid" error.

The thing that is really bad about it is that they CONSTANTLY send these things (yeah I see you GC/MF!!!!! ) :roll:

Make it cover everything or toss off! :evil:

Bye......:roll:
by reggie1979beatz on Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:03 am
tstille wrotePresonus is over here like "hold my beer": NO SALES for perpetual users!

Between the anti-consumer licensing tactics and predatory sub-models many of these folks are taking a path I just refuse participate in.

Since I'm sphere, I didn't look at the "sale" for prefender well enough originally. You are right. Perpetual users should have immediate access to sales as well. You guys may have a point.

Still, I've enjoyed sphere to the max. For what little I've put into it, it's provided a wealth of opportunities, including but not limited to TWO major updates to the software. I joined up with sphere originally as a way to cheaply use 5, you know, just to get a handle on it. It got better and better and the other stuff I use allot too made sense to stick with it. Now, with 6, which imo is the best "first release" they've ever had, that's no less than 300 (maybe more) I've saved. Not really as evil as it's made out to be.

Kinda reminds me of the "millennium gate" episode of Star Trek Voyager. If you've seen it, you'll know what I mean.

by johndoe313 on Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:00 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteStill, I've enjoyed sphere to the max. For what little I've put into it, it's provided a wealth of opportunities, including but not limited to TWO major updates to the software.

To put this into perspective: Theoretically I could enjoy the latest version every two years (or so) for estimated 99 bucks at a sale, sometimes even less. And I even wouldn‘t install all the Sphere bells&whistles, because I couldn‘t care less. I‘m only interested in Studio One itself.

With Sphere I would have to pay $150 per year for the core software alone. I can do the math.

Studio One Pro 6.5.2 | RME Fireface UCX II (DriverKit 4.10) + Behringer ADA8200 | MacBook Pro 16" (2019) - i7 - 32GB - 1TB | macOS Ventura 13.6.5
by PreAl on Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:47 pm
UK price is too much for me..Times are hard, I spent too much money on other crap, I've settled for upgrading to Melodyne Studio 5 from 4 for £50. I'll wait for further discounts.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by reggie1979beatz on Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:22 pm
johndoe313 wrote I can do the math.

2+2=potato? 16 divided by 7 to the power of 3.14? Or does it equal the square root of the hypotenuse, to the power of lithium (the pill kind)?

Honestly, it's apples to canola oil. Gravy to seasoning salt, have you tried reaper yet? :lol:

by curtismathews on Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:40 pm
New customers and cross-graders get 30% this year for Black Friday. Loyal existing customers get nothing.
by reggie1979beatz on Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:57 pm
curtismathews wroteNew customers and cross-graders get 30% this year for Black Friday. Loyal existing customers get nothing.

Now THAT is math I can wrap my head around (which I agreed with a bit earlier ;) )

Yeah, it's not great, or really even good. But it is a sign of the times. The gravy train is chuggin' it's wheels :lol:

by robranogajec on Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:41 am
I picked up a Studio One V6 Pro upgrade for $170 Australian dollars from a local store. Product Key came in the same day. 👍
by Fornicras on Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:27 am
robranogajec wroteI picked up a Studio One V6 Pro upgrade for $170 Australian dollars from a local store. Product Key came in the same day. 👍

I bought it for $129 (USD) from a local reseller including the tax. Couldn't find anywhere cheaper so far.

Using Studio One 6 (Always the latest version)

System
i9 9900K, 64GB RAM, 2080TI, 34" 4K Display & 55" 4K Professional Display, Windows 10
Studio I/O
Lewitt LCT-440, Yamaha HS7, PreSonus Studio 1824c, Beyerdynamics DT1990, Audio Technica M50X
Studio Gear
Arturia Keylab 88 MK2, Atom Pad, Atom SQ
Instruments
Cordoba GK Studio, Takamine GJ72CE, Godin Session, Yamaha F310

R&B Singer / Songwriter / Producer
Website
by MisterE on Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:18 pm
Fornicras wrote
robranogajec wroteI picked up a Studio One V6 Pro upgrade for $170 Australian dollars from a local store. Product Key came in the same day. 👍

I bought it for $129 (USD) from a local reseller including the tax. Couldn't find anywhere cheaper so far.

$122 at Thomann USA with no tax. Up from $119 yesterday; must be like the stock market!

https://www.thomannmusic.com/presonus_s ... _5_pro.htm

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by reggie1979beatz on Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:14 pm
But (whaa whaa whaa whaa)

"They hate us, we can't get it for a good price" :lol:

Anyways, great prices abound.

by jruder on Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:49 am
So, how IS Thomann Music able to do it cheaper than Presonus direct??

by reggie1979beatz on Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:45 am
jruder wroteSo, how IS Thomann Music able to do it cheaper than Presonus direct??

One word: ALIENS!

by MisterE on Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:25 am
jruder wroteSo, how IS Thomann Music able to do it cheaper than Presonus direct??

Cause the dollar is weirdly strong at the moment, plain and simple, and the US Treasury hasn't figured out how to tax software "shipped" from foreign shores as yet. Thomann is legit, btw, I've encountered zero funk dealing with them as a USA customer three times now. And at the moment so few potential customers have figured out that a few European dealers sell in the US much cheaper (at present exchange rates, subject to change) that Fendersonus hasn't felt bothered enough to do anything about it. Yet.

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by douglasdemarche on Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:17 am
Yeah existing customers not getting the same discount as new customers is like hiring a new employee for $10 more an hour than an employee who has been loyal for a decade. Sooner or later they find a new employer (like…Logic maybe)

55 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3