50 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
Again, if someone would please tell me exactly what to do to reproduce this, I'll confirm or deny here.

So far it seems (maybe I missed something? ) that "oh, it's a bug, it's been there since the dinosaur age" but I do not know what to do to find out.

Shoot me a project? Tell me the steps? Anything at this point.

Bye......:roll:
by Anderton on Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:47 am
Does anyone else experience this bug? I just want to make sure it isn't system-specific before filing a bug report.

1. Open a new project.
2. Drag a WAV file into a track. It doesn't matter where. The sample rate or mono/stereo status doesn't seem to matter, but make sure there's audio at the very beginning of the Event.
3. Insert a Pro EQ3, either as an insert or Event effect.
4. Enable the LLC stage. The slope or hard/soft choice doesn't seem to matter.
5. Transform to rendered audio, or Render if it's an Event effect.

The apparent bug is that this mutes first few 1 or 2 seconds of the WAV file. This doesn't happen with any of the other stages, only the LLC stage.

If you do encounter this issue, the workaround is to add several seconds of blank audio at the beginning of the file prior to rendering.

Digital storefront: craiganderton.com
Free educational site: craiganderton.org
Music: youtube.com/thecraiganderton
Studio One eBooks: shop.presonus.com
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:54 pm
Anderton wroteDoes anyone else experience this bug? I just want to make sure it isn't system-specific before filing a bug report.

1. Open a new project.
2. Drag a WAV file into a track. It doesn't matter where. The sample rate or mono/stereo status doesn't seem to matter, but make sure there's audio at the very beginning of the Event.

The apparent bug is that this mutes first few 1 or 2 seconds of the WAV file. This doesn't happen with any of the other stages, only the LLC stage.

If you do encounter this issue, the workaround is to add several seconds of blank audio at the beginning of the file prior to rendering.

Mine's weirder than that. It ONLY bounces the first tiny part of the wav. Everything else is blank. Ditch the LLC, everything is as normal.

EVEN WEIRDER! I opened up the demo song, selected a loop in a part that already had a proeq3, hit the LLC, and it rendered only half of the track. Ditch the LLC, everything is fine.

By George, you've found a strange one.

by garyanderson5 on Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:52 am
Anderton wroteDoes anyone else experience this bug? I just want to make sure it isn't system-specific before filing a bug report.

1. Open a new project.

Confirmed, it will bounce a blank file at the 80hz setting over 8 bars in my rough test. I never tried the other settings. It works fine in Studio One 5 it's only V6 that has the issue. I don't use stock plugins hence i never noticed this one. I tested it with Fabfiler and that bounces perfect everytime. Pics below works fine in V5.

Attachments
S1 V6.PNG
S1 V5.PNG

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:36 am
Peeps, I sent in a ticket. Basically, I just copied what we both said and .... we'll see.

by reggie1979beatz on Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:38 am
Speak of the devil! Replied, and confirmed.

That's a first! :lol:

by Daw Stew on Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:58 am
Can someone test this weird behaviour.
Start a new song add a few audio tracks, add some VCA channels and assign the audio tracks to the VCAs.
Open the console, by default the console is in wide view. The VCA fader caps are red. Now hit the narrow console view. For me the VCA fader caps change colour from red to flip fader green.
Anyone else seeing this?
by reggie1979beatz on Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:16 am
Daw Stew wroteCan someone test this weird behaviour.
Start a new song add a few audio tracks, add some VCA channels and assign the audio tracks to the VCAs.
Open the console, by default the console is in wide view. The VCA fader caps are red. Now hit the narrow console view. For me the VCA fader caps change colour from red to flip fader green.
Anyone else seeing this?

You are correct. But what I don't know is what the significance of this is.

by Daw Stew on Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:12 am
reggie1979beatz wrote
Anyone else seeing this?

Because if you engage fader flip mode whilst in narrow console view your VCA faders are indistinguishable from the sends
by reggie1979beatz on Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:26 am
Daw Stew wrote
reggie1979beatz wrote
Anyone else seeing this?

Because if you engage fader flip mode whilst in narrow console view your VCA faders are indistinguishable from the sends

Yeah, I see that now ;) Have you reported it?

by andrrippstein on Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:13 pm
As a Studio One 5 Professional user, I got the email today with the subject "The Studio One HOLIDAY SALE is here!" from Presonus. I was really happy about that. But unfortunately I quickly realized that Presonus also discriminates against existing customers. The email offers a 30% discount for new purchases and crossgrades from other DAWs, and Presonus Sphere is also 25% off. However, the very normal upgrade from version 5 to 6 is only offered at full price. As an existing customer, I feel quite disadvantaged. Why do I get this email message at all, if the upgrade is not available at a lower price?

It's not about the money, I'll pay the 150.-, but this way of dealing with existing customers is not fair. I feel really disadvantaged!

I would have liked to buy the upgrade directly from Presonus, so that the money doesn't get lost at the middleman, but at Thomann you can get the upgrade for 139.- Euros, in the USA I can even get it for only 119 dollars. I really don't understand why Presonus doesn't offer a 20-30% holiday season discount. If I buy the upgrade from another dealer, Presonus will only receive a small part of the purchase price.

Too bad they don't appreciate existing customers! :(

Greetings André
by Digivolt on Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:45 am
Can anybody confirm or deny if upgrading from 5 to 6 it will keep your folder hierarchy in the browser for plugins, I just got around to organising every plugin by type into specific folders to make finding stuff easier as I did originally sort by vendor and it would be annoying if I had to do it all again for V6

Win 10 x64 - Studio One 5 Pro - Ryzen 3950x - 3090Ti - 64gbRam - Rme BabyFace Pro FS - Nektar T6 - Roland FP-30 - Behringer Neutron - xOxbOx
by donaldbaarns on Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:52 am
Digivolt wroteCan anybody confirm or deny if upgrading from 5 to 6 it will keep your folder hierarchy in the browser for plugins, I just got around to organising every plugin by type into specific folders to make finding stuff easier as I did originally sort by vendor and it would be annoying if I had to do it all again for V6

You can now download/activate the v6 30-day Demo, and it installs in parallel.

You can see exactly how it handles your situation. If it doesn't work, delete it... If it does, check out if the other features are a win for you.

https://my.presonus.com/studioonedemo

Don

S1 v6.x Pro - latest version
PreSonus Studio 26, IO 24, Atom
Eris E5s
iZotope RX10 Advanced
Win 11 Pro-32GB RAM-AMD 3900x
AMD 5700XT
Windows 10 Pro-16 GB RAM
MacOS Ventura (13.4) iMac i5 w 8 GB RAM

FB group: Studio One Users-Audiobooks, VO and Podcaster focused:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudioOneNarrationVO/

Studio One and iZotope RX Courses for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.VOJumpstart.com/

Studio One and iZotope RX Videos for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedBaarnsAudio
by Digivolt on Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:56 am
donaldbaarns wrote
Digivolt wroteCan anybody confirm or deny if upgrading from 5 to 6 it will keep your folder hierarchy in the browser for plugins, I just got around to organising every plugin by type into specific folders to make finding stuff easier as I did originally sort by vendor and it would be annoying if I had to do it all again for V6

You can now download/activate the v6 30-day Demo, and it installs in parallel.

You can see exactly how it handles your situation. If it doesn't work, delete it... If it does, check out if the other features are a win for you.

https://my.presonus.com/studioonedemo

Thanks I didn't realise the v6 demo was out yet, will give it a go!

Win 10 x64 - Studio One 5 Pro - Ryzen 3950x - 3090Ti - 64gbRam - Rme BabyFace Pro FS - Nektar T6 - Roland FP-30 - Behringer Neutron - xOxbOx
by Anderton on Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:09 am
andrrippstein wroteI would have liked to buy the upgrade directly from Presonus, so that the money doesn't get lost at the middleman, but at Thomann you can get the upgrade for 139.- Euros, in the USA I can even get it for only 119 dollars. I really don't understand why Presonus doesn't offer a 20-30% holiday season discount. If I buy the upgrade from another dealer, Presonus will only receive a small part of the purchase price.

In many industries, there's usually a formal or unspoken agreement that manufacturers will not undercut prices from dealers. It's considered bad form to compete with your dealers, and try to take away their sales. Companies that only sell direct can do whatever they want.

As to new/existing customers, the cost of customer acquisition is high. So, companies try to entice first-time customers in the hope that they'll continue using the product, and thereafter, buy at non-discounted prices. That's why crossgrade offers typically offer such attractive pricing.

It's like when a streaming service or phone company gives you an incredible deal if you sign up for 12 months, but then the price goes up when it's time to renew.

I'm not saying this is good, bad, or indifferent, it's just standard practice in most industries.

by svenhenze on Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:57 pm
andrrippstein wroteAs a Studio One 5 Professional user, I got the email today with the subject "The Studio One HOLIDAY SALE is here!" from Presonus. I was really happy about that. But unfortunately I quickly realized that Presonus also discriminates against existing customers. The email offers a 30% discount for new purchases and crossgrades from other DAWs, and Presonus Sphere is also 25% off. However, the very normal upgrade from version 5 to 6 is only offered at full price. As an existing customer, I feel quite disadvantaged. Why do I get this email message at all, if the upgrade is not available at a lower price?

It's not about the money, I'll pay the 150.-, but this way of dealing with existing customers is not fair. I feel really disadvantaged!

I would have liked to buy the upgrade directly from Presonus, so that the money doesn't get lost at the middleman, but at Thomann you can get the upgrade for 139.- Euros, in the USA I can even get it for only 119 dollars. I really don't understand why Presonus doesn't offer a 20-30% holiday season discount. If I buy the upgrade from another dealer, Presonus will only receive a small part of the purchase price.

Too bad they don't appreciate existing customers! :(

Greetings André

It's even better. You can buy the upgrade for 124 EUR from da-x.de (one of the - if not THE - experts for professional audio equipment in Germany).

Audio Laptop with i7-9750H, 16 GB RAM, 1TB SSD; Windows 10 Home 22H1; Studio One Professional v6; Faderport 8; RME Fireface UC
by reggie1979beatz on Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:07 am
Yeah, I'm the chatty type, but again, is mostly everyone else still just lovin' it like I am?

I can't get over how good the versions have been so far, and all the little workflow improvements. It's nice to see attention to workflow stuff, that turns me on the most. (Hey Reason Studios, are you taking notes??? )

A couple of small niggles (some of the track preset stuff isn't quite baked enough yet) but really diggin' it.

by Anderton on Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:12 am
reggie1979beatz wroteI can't get over how good the versions have been so far, and all the little workflow improvements. It's nice to see attention to workflow stuff, that turns me on the most.

When you have enough little workflow improvements, they add up to a major overall improvement. I don't think the release notes even mention things like how double-clicking on a plug-in manufacturer in the browser shows only plug-ins from that company.

FWIW I just figured out a way to use the De-Esser with guitar that I find very helpful. I'm writing it up for the December 2 "Friday Tip" in the PreSonus blog.

by reggie1979beatz on Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:31 pm
Anderton wroteI don't think the release notes even mention things like how double-clicking on a plug-in manufacturer in the browser shows only plug-ins from that company.

FWIW I just figured out a way to use the De-Esser with guitar that I find very helpful. I'm writing it up for the December 2 "Friday Tip" in the PreSonus blog.

Oh wow, I'll have to check that out. As for the deesser, there has always been a trick for using that with guitars, BUT, I'll be looking forward to that read!

by Anderton on Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:28 pm
reggie1979beatz wrote
Anderton wroteI don't think the release notes even mention things like how double-clicking on a plug-in manufacturer in the browser shows only plug-ins from that company.

Oh wow, I'll have to check that out.

FYI - the double-click thing applies only to effects, not instruments...not sure why.

CORRECTION: That was user error! This feature only works when the browser view is not in Tree mode. I had tree mode on for Instruments but not for Effects.
Last edited by Anderton on Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

50 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3