27 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Just curious.... Anyone taken the plunge to upgrade to Mac Ventura on their Studio One system?

Any concerns or issues to report?

I've upgraded my other personal/work systems (Intel & M1) and all have been working just as stable as under Monterey.

Apple Mac Studio Max 64gb RAM, Ventura, RME UFX III, Studio One 6, Genelec 8330A w/7350A, Sennheiser HD 650
by dougasherman on Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:05 pm
There is a good chart of audio software that is compatible (or not) with MacOS Ventura. Studio One does not seem to be supported.

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/apple- ... lity-chart

Studio One 6 Professional
Melodyne Editor 5.1.1
Mac Studio MacOS Ventura 13.6.5 64gb ram
Interface: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
by musicchamber on Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:38 pm
I am using Studio One v6 with a RME Babyface Pro and all is working very well.

According to the list of compatibility from the post above, Presonus states that the software should be ok but Presonus hardware is not OK.

No problems so far, with my setup. Although I'm only doing very simple stuff etc

Scott

Studio One Professional v6, Apple iMac Pro 14 core, 128gb memory, 4TB SSD. macOS Ventura, Main audio interface is RME Babyface Pro. Presonus 192, DP88 (not currently used), RC500, ADL600, Focusrite ISA430, TC4000 reverb, SPL Phonitor, Monitoring: Event Opal, IK Multimedia MTM Studio Monitors x 5, DMAX audio Super Cubes. HD800s mastering reference headphones. Sequential Prophet 12, Prophet 12 modules x4, E-MU 4XT Ultra, Roland Fantom 8, Korg Pa3x, Roland Fp7-F, MOTU midi express 128, Xkey air 37, Studiolive CS18, Atari STE with Notator plus loads of microphones and plugins etc
by dougasherman on Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:31 pm
musicchamber wrote
According to the list of compatibility from the post above, Presonus states that the software should be ok but Presonus hardware is not OK.

Scott

I feel they're kind of hedging here. "...should be ok" is probably not something you'd want to bet an important project on.

If you go to this page https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... patibility they state: "We do not recommend upgrading to macOS 13 at this time"

Of course, it could be that I'm just an alarmist and a luddite. I'm still back on Big Sur. :lol:

Melodyne Editor 5.1.1
by babulmukherjee on Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:08 pm
Thanks Scott & Doug for your feedback, was really just curious what other's experiences were.

From everything I've read from lots of vendors, the upgrade from Monterey to Ventura hasn't been as disruptive or problematic as the upgrade was to Monterey :P

Doug - I waited on Big Sur a longggg time, but had to make the mostly painful move to Monterey when I got my M1 Studio Max. I'm also now running Studio One v5.5/v6 in ARM mode, and everything is working very well (knock on wood).

Nothing added in Ventura is a must-have for me, so I don't mind waiting.

Apple Mac Studio Max 64gb RAM, Ventura, RME UFX III, Studio One 6, Genelec 8330A w/7350A, Sennheiser HD 650
by dougasherman on Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:18 pm
babulmukherjee wroteDoug - I waited on Big Sur a longggg time, but had to make the mostly painful move to Monterey when I got my M1 Studio Max. I'm also now running Studio One v5.5/v6 in ARM mode, and everything is working very well (knock on wood).

I keep meaning to upgrade to Monterey, but I haven't found the time (because I'm lazy.)

Honestly, though...I was using Monterey, and I started seeing degrading disk I/O on some of my external drives. Then I went back to Big Sur and found that it was simply the drives were failing. So I will upgrade after I've done enough research to ensure that my networked backups will work just as well as they do now. :lol:

Melodyne Editor 5.1.1
by josephherring on Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:25 pm
I updated to Ventura. Now I know I shouldn't have. I have Studio One V4 Professional. and it crashes when I try to open it. I spent a whole day trying to figure out how to revert back to Monterey. From what I can tell it's a process that I'm not willing to risk.

On the bright side it will force me to get off my wallet and upgrade to version 6. ;)

Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Mac 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core
by bradch00 on Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:02 pm
Configured a Ventura system on a thunderbolt attached SSD. So far Studio One v6 installed and runs fine. Presonus Quantum, Faderport 8 (and my old original Faderport... kind of like the Ever-ready bunny) and Universal Control all seem ok so far. All Fabfilter plugins installed and work well. UVI instruments installed and are behaving well too. Checking out Toontrack VIs and so far ok.
Last edited by bradch00 on Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Studio M1 Max 64GB RAM 1TB Flash
5 x 2TB SSD Thunderbolt
2 x 1TB SSD USB
2 X 16TB spinning disk for backup
DAW: Studio One, Pro Tools Studio
Interface: Presonus Quantum, Black Lion (Red) Sparrow A/D
Nectar LX88, Yamaha DTX III Extreme
Control Surface: Faderport & Faderport 8
by timconway1 on Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:49 am
I updated and now regretting it.

Kontakt is no longer seeing my external Sandisk SSD drive.
Trying to get it sorted with NI Support but no luck so far.

Studio One Pro 5.5.2.86528, Mac Mini M1, 16Gb RAM
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
by bradch00 on Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:57 pm
timconway1 wroteI updated and now regretting it.

Kontakt is no longer seeing my external Sandisk SSD drive.
Trying to get it sorted with NI Support but no luck so far.

How is your SSD attached? Direct or through a hub? Thunderbolt or USB?
I have all my NI, Heavyocity, CineSamples and Sonuscore, samples on 2 SSDs in an OWC thunderbolt enclosure and Kontakt 7 (player) is working as expected. Which type and version of Kontakt are you using? Kontakt player of full?

Mac Studio M1 Max 64GB RAM 1TB Flash
5 x 2TB SSD Thunderbolt
2 x 1TB SSD USB
2 X 16TB spinning disk for backup
DAW: Studio One, Pro Tools Studio
Interface: Presonus Quantum, Black Lion (Red) Sparrow A/D
Nectar LX88, Yamaha DTX III Extreme
Control Surface: Faderport & Faderport 8
by ottobjornson on Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:51 pm
--
Last edited by ottobjornson on Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
by nathanturley on Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:39 pm
I did and it does not support Studio One 4.

Gonna have to upgrade to Studio One 6. Hopefully that works.
by ottobjornson on Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:49 am
--
Last edited by ottobjornson on Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:36 am
Forgive me for chiming in on this, but I've been seeing this for years. I just don't understand why "that company" continuously puts out new OS's that break stuff upon release.

I'm not getting into a mac/pc thing because it's like politics, you can't win :lol: But I keep seeing this and wondering if they even care. All the companies that make the endless amount of 3rd party gear are trying to keep up, but they do seem to struggle at getting thing compatible with something that in my opinion, shouldn't be so difficult.

Many of you WORK on this for a living, it just shouldn't be that hard.

Anyways, believe it or not, I feel the pain. I love new stuff. And windoze people are not immune either, on the somewhat rarer occasions they release new OS's, there is also almost always a growing pain scenario with what seems to be endless waiting ;)

Color me crazy, but it just seems that developers should be able to test things in advance with new OS's and be prepared, but it seems that OS developers are not really working together on this. Surprising, considering what a large part of computing we make up overall.

Bye......:roll:
by ennbr on Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:56 pm
A large group of plugin and software vendors that I use all sent out emails asking that there customers wait a little longer until they finish testing there products for compatibility with Ventura

I can wait Ventura is not going to speed things up or does it have a killer feature that I can't live without NO

Bruce

Computers:
Mini PC Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 boot, 4TB data Win 11
Laptop ASUS Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 4TB SSD data Win 11
Software: Studio One Pro 6, Notion 6.8, Melodyne Studio 5
Audio Interfaces: Moto 1248, M4
External Storage: Samples 3x 2TB SSD's, Projects 4TB SSD
by johndoe313 on Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:03 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteColor me crazy, but it just seems that developers should be able to test things in advance with new OS's and be prepared, but it seems that OS developers are not really working together on this.

Years ago I worked as a test manager for an enterprise mobile app. Believe me when I say: the developers DO Test from the very beginning (first beta of new OS). But it was sometimes really a pain. I don‘t recall exact version, but it happened that until beta 8 of iOS everything was fine, but towards release of the iOS in September they fundamentally changed the push notification process and everything was broken. Required weeks of examination, finding a workaround, implementing it, testing it…

So I feel the pain with being an Apple customer. I‘m a Mac user myself, but sometimes I hate their ignorance.

Studio One Pro 6.5.2 | RME Fireface UCX II (DriverKit 4.10) + Behringer ADA8200 | MacBook Pro 16" (2019) - i7 - 32GB - 1TB | macOS Ventura 13.6.6
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:38 pm
Interesting, well then there is not much that can be done :evil:

Bye......:roll:
by David severson on Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:34 am
I had automatic updates on it's a disaster.

My StudioLive 32r is useless now..
by rodneyhareid on Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:59 am
I have a quantum 2626 and a M1 Mac. The quantum has been crashing for a couple of months. Tried everything. Back and forth with support. Apples says hardware issue. Support says Apple security issue. Nothing solved.Thought I would try and update to Ventura. Acts a little different, but still crashes. So, even if I went back to Monterey it wouldn't matter. Waiting for the firmware update. Which I'm sure won't help me. May have to ditch it all and get a pc and new interface.
by gabrieljitea on Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:28 am
I did it today on a macbook pro 14 m1 pro 10 cores, 16gb ram.
Works flawlessly with Bitwig and as a stand alone sound card.
32 samples, 0.76ms latency with Quantum 2626.

However the Midi In port on Quantum is weirdly fckd. This is not a Ventura problem, it also happened on Monterey. I try to slave Bitwig to Digitakt via Quantum midi in, sync is good, however digitalt artifcats like electric noise/digital aliasing popped out of nowhere from time to time and sometimes while changing params, sequencing from Digitakt. I thought it must be a performance issue(sample rate) but Activity Monitor showed no spikes, very low CPU usage while monitoring 3 stereo ins and adding some FX from Bitwig. After reading about the midi hangout problem on this forum I thought: let me try to pull out the midi cable from Quantum. No more artifacts, spent 2 days debugging :(

27 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2