69 postsPage 2 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
If anyone here has a 12th or 13th gen Intel, I would highly recommend that you make sure that "CPU Parking" is disabled. That was wrecking havoc on my build. I was getting drop outs and audio glitches even when I wasn't doing cpu intensive tasks. Here is a video that describes how to do it.

https://youtu.be/sFz8HRk4WfI
by markusvogl on Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:04 am
kevinkbell wroteIf anyone here has a 12th or 13th gen Intel, I would highly recommend that you make sure that "CPU Parking" is disabled. That was wrecking havoc on my build. I was getting drop outs and audio glitches even when I wasn't doing cpu intensive tasks. Here is a video that describes how to do it.

https://youtu.be/sFz8HRk4WfI

Thank you soooo much!!! It won't solve the "dropout bouncing issue" but it will solve my issues with "empty projects" causing cpu spikes on my Intel 12700K.

Intel 12th gen 12700K
ASUS Prime Z690 A
Apollo 8 Thunderbolt
Win 11 23H2
Studio One 6.5.2
by darrenbrannan on Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:58 am
Having same issue. Terrible performance overall, but mixdown with realtime causes immediate dropout.
Tried a blank song with just a few chords in Maitai and no problem at all, but loading a song with just three plugins ( MV meter, Fabfilter and SSL Vocalstrip2) and immediate crash of audio engine even when turning plugins off.
Totally unusable. Windows 10 and CPU at 5%
by Lokeyfly on Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:22 am
@ darrenbrannan,

A few checks you could run.
*. Run mixdown not in real time.

* Are tracks, all audio? All Instrument?, Both?

*Straight away dropout usually signals either the audio Interface, some exceedingly CPU demanding plugin, or instrument handing many synth voices, or too many instrumemt notes played at one time. In such cases, it's best to render instrument tracks to Audio, then mixdown.

*does mixdiwn without plugins still cause dropout? If so, it's likely your audio interface connection, driver, buffer.......

Yes, from your explanation, this shouldn't be happening, so youll have to isolate why that is.
Another snag is often the computer itself, as in efficient free space on your hard drive, RAM allocation, system requirements. Just saying. ,

Please provide your system specs in your signature.
Thx.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by PreAl on Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:08 am
Please try 6.1.1 with latest audio interface firmware and drivers. Also check out latencymon. Further advice is already in this thread.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Robdp on Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:13 pm
I've tried this with 6.1 and 6.1.1 with everything updated and I'm still getting the Audio dropout message.
Only happens when I have Pipeline on my master. If I take it off it goes away...

Nothing in my setup had changed from 5>6 and suddenly its happening on every mix down!!!

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by johnboyd4 on Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:06 pm
Im having the same issue with v6 on mac studio 10core in Rosetta and Native. Im getting it on "transform instrument to audio too". Here it is April and they STILL have not fixed this. I use a ton of hardware too. DSo Im surer its pipeline

frank.crow wrote
adoniramlipton wroteDid anyone resolve this?

Having the same problem with v6 on M1 mini. I feel like pipeline has something to do with it?

Back and forth with support but they don’t seem to believe me that it’s not a plug-in issue. Spikes right when I begin export.

I went back and forth with support for a minute and finally just gave up. No matter how I tried to describe it they didn’t seem to understand. They often offered suggestions that I’d already told had been completed. It made me wonder if they’d even read my ticket. So far my work around is simply to not strip any track that I plan to use pipeline on. I strip silence my whole session at some point in my work flow but now I leave the kick, snares, bass and vocals whole until after I process and render. It seems to be the only workaround for me.

Mine spikes immediately when I use my dbx 160a but with multiple other hardware it spikes immediately at the beginning of the next event (no exception).

Mac Studio M1 Ultra running Ventura
RME MADIFACE PRO > FERROFISH A32 PRO AD/DA. FOCAL TWIN 6be MONITORS, GRACE M905 CONTROLLER, MANLEY, IGS, UA Audio, PULTEC, MAAG, WES AUDIO, NEVE, HERITAGE AUDIO, BETTERMAKER, Yada yada
by johnboyd4 on Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:11 pm
Its for sure Pipeline on the masterbus. Which makes S1 useless to me. I hsave been having this issue on windows and max. But it doesnt seem to affect the sound? I cant tell. Wish they would fix this. Its been 5 months this has been happeing

Trucky wrote
markusvogl wroteHi,

I think the whole thing is a combination of the 12th gen Intel and Windows 11 22H2 (even worse since 22H2 forced update) thread director (or the same behavior on Mac with performance core (P core) or efficiency core (E core)). I would first have to find a setup where the behavior shows up even at low CPU load. Sometimes it happens there too (but not always).

Best regards
Markus

Thanks for responding but please provide repeatable steps that I or someone else with those specs can confirm and report as a bug.

RME MADIFACE PRO > FERROFISH A32 PRO AD/DA. FOCAL TWIN 6be MONITORS, GRACE M905 CONTROLLER, MANLEY, IGS, UA Audio, PULTEC, MAAG, WES AUDIO, NEVE, HERITAGE AUDIO, BETTERMAKER, Yada yada
by stefanrauch1 on Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:53 pm
phpBB [video]

I don't think that Pipeline is the culprit. Pipeline just forces Realtime Render which then activates Nap/Sleep states of plugins. And some Plugins trigger CPU spikes in latest S1, whenever they go in or out of a nap state (some Plugins' own internal nap feature also cause S1 to spike).
Best candidate to try is Blackbox HG-2 MS, but S1 has this issue with other plugins as well.

OS: Win10 x64 || Software: Studio One Pro [latest version]
Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X || Asus Prime X570-PRO || 64GB DDR4 RAM || Asus Dual-RTX2070S-A8G-EVO || UAD2 Octo & Duo PCIe
Peripherals: RME Fireface UFX II (+2x ADA8200) || Faderport Legacy || Atom || NI Komplete Kontrol A25
Audio Settings: 44,1/48kHz, 256 Samples, DP Off, 64 Bit
by johnboyd4 on Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:54 pm
I have the HG-2 on my drum bus but the dropout only stops when I disable pipeline on my masterbus. I wonder if turning off nap would work. I really hope they fix it. On a side note I dont ever hear the dropouts. Do you? I was starting to think it was just a GUI issue. Like its showing the notification but its not really dropping out.

stefanrauch1 wrote
phpBB [video]

I don't think that Pipeline is the culprit. Pipeline just forces Realtime Render which then activates Nap/Sleep states of plugins. And some Plugins trigger CPU spikes in latest S1, whenever they go in or out of a nap state (some Plugins' own internal nap feature also cause S1 to spike).
Best candidate to try is Blackbox HG-2 MS, but S1 has this issue with other plugins as well.

by johnboyd4 on Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:18 pm
I just figured out a workaround. I just made another bus, put all my master bus hardware on that and sent that to the main 2 bus. Even with pipeline on I get no dropouts. But as soon as I enable that same instance of pipeline on the main bus I get dropouts
stefanrauch1 wrote
phpBB [video]

by johnboyd4 on Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:18 pm
Same issue here.
I just figured out a workaround. I just made another bus, put all my master bus hardware on that and sent that to the main 2 bus. Even with pipeline on I get no dropouts. But as soon as I enable that same instance of pipeline on the main bus I get dropouts
Robdp wroteI've tried this with 6.1 and 6.1.1 with everything updated and I'm still getting the Audio dropout message.
Only happens when I have Pipeline on my master. If I take it off it goes away...

Nothing in my setup had changed from 5>6 and suddenly its happening on every mix down!!!

by johnboyd4 on Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:19 pm
Its pipeline on the masterbus..
I get the same issue..

darrenbrannan wroteHaving same issue. Terrible performance overall, but mixdown with realtime causes immediate dropout.
Tried a blank song with just a few chords in Maitai and no problem at all, but loading a song with just three plugins ( MV meter, Fabfilter and SSL Vocalstrip2) and immediate crash of audio engine even when turning plugins off.
Totally unusable. Windows 10 and CPU at 5%

by stefanrauch1 on Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:43 am
when you leave pipeline on the master, but remove all plugins from the session, do you still get dropouts?

OS: Win10 x64 || Software: Studio One Pro [latest version]
Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X || Asus Prime X570-PRO || 64GB DDR4 RAM || Asus Dual-RTX2070S-A8G-EVO || UAD2 Octo & Duo PCIe
Peripherals: RME Fireface UFX II (+2x ADA8200) || Faderport Legacy || Atom || NI Komplete Kontrol A25
Audio Settings: 44,1/48kHz, 256 Samples, DP Off, 64 Bit
by johnboyd4 on Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:13 pm
I always render midi to audio as soon as im sure its all written correctly,, But the problem is it happens when I render to audio too..
I have a brand new mac studio 10core.. It should be good enough. The odd thing is when I get the dropout notification i can never hear it when I play anything back. This leads me to believe the notification itself is the issue. As in it's popping up when there actually isn't an issue.. My mixdowns sound fine. No pops or clicks

Lokeyfly wrote@ darrenbrannan,

*Straight away dropout usually signals either the audio Interface, some exceedingly CPU demanding plugin, or instrument handing many synth voices, or too many instrumemt notes played at one time. In such cases, it's best to render instrument tracks to Audio, then mixdown.

*does mixdiwn without plugins still cause dropout? If so, it's likely your audio interface connection, driver, buffer.......

Yes, from your explanation, this shouldn't be happening, so youll have to isolate why that is.
Another snag is often the computer itself, as in efficient free space on your hard drive, RAM allocation, system requirements. Just saying. ,

Thx.

by AAV on Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:24 am
I get the same message in win10 here sometimes. Not always but inevitably occurs when I have some automation on one or more tracks near the start of a project. I don't use pipeline as everything except mics are in the box. I've bounced midi to audio, inserted empty space up front, all with mostly little or no success. Like you, I get the message but don't hear a problem with mixdowns. So I just ignore the message.
Maybe it has more to do with how Presonus manages (or doesn't) cores and core balancing. Shows up with pipeline for a lot of users simply because of the cpu load, just like it seems to relate to automation here. Dunno. Just my 2¢
But I agree your mixdowns are probably fine.

Studio One 6.6 Pro, Audient ID4 mark II,
Gigabyte Designair Z390, 32GB DDR4 3200, Intel i9-9900K 4.8 GHZ, 2 TB & 1 TB SSD, 3 x 1TB 7200 rpm HDD, Windows 11 Pro 64 23H2
by Lokeyfly on Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:35 am
johnboyd4 wroteI always render midi to audio as soon as im sure its all written correctly,, But the problem is it happens when I render to audio too..
I have a brand new mac studio 10core.. It should be good enough. The odd thing is when I get the dropout notification i can never hear it when I play anything back. This leads me to believe the notification itself is the issue. As in it's popping up when there actually isn't an issue.. My mixdowns sound fine. No pops or clicks

Lokeyfly wrote@ darrenbrannan,

Thx.

After the message, do you guys play back and never get a peak overload amount? Such as 0.3 dB over? Or similar? Point being, you may not.

Typically, the message will show how much the overload peaked displaying an amount. Is that happening?

I was in numerous discussions years ago in this forum about how Studio One should have a peak Indicator along the timeline, to display where the peak/clipping occurred. Such conversations never meet with any Presonus feedback. Too bad, really.

AAV wrote: "....Maybe it has more to do with how Presonus manages (or doesn't) cores and core balancing. Shows up with pipeline for a lot of users simply because of the cpu load, just like it seems to relate to automation here. Dunno."

I'm not going down that rabbit hole. Lol

What I can suggest is, sure on occasion, a render with my own tracks occur. When that happens and its rare, I usually reduce the gain by a few tenths of a dB. If it still occurs, it may take reducing a whole 1 to 1 5 dBs. That can easily be brought back up later. What the offending issue can then be is either some ultra low frequencies, or transients are causing the overload. So filtering with a HPF at 50 Hz or instrument depending, will almost invariably fix things.

P.s. I dropped the effects and master channel part of my response as johnboyd4 mentioned rendering as he goes along. He clearly knows how that is done and the impact that has, elsewhere.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Lokeyfly on Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:26 pm
I'm not sure where the OP [kevinkbell] went, as there's no response from him. It's not out of the question there is some glitch with dropouts. It's best to simply undertstand issues case by case.

Filtering low frequencies with an HPF and transient peak checks can and should help. It's helped me in the past with such notices. If all attempts have been made that way, then there could be some deeper issue. It then amounts to other reports, or if issues are isolated to one's machine. That's not saying your system isn't capable. Hardly. It's potentially more something simply unique on one's end. Lots of reports to the very same issue usually spell an issue with the program (bug).

I mention HPF specifically because just dropping lower frequencies doesn't always prevent low or sub harmonic issues from occuring, or causing clipping. A good high pass filter with a steep cutoff slope, helps a lot. Just saying.

Also heavily stacked notes, dense, or overplayed synth voices can cause clipping at times. Just adding this to the potential fodder. Always under these conditions use a good graphic analyzer that sees very fine spikes, or very low frequencies.

Gregor and a few synth (drone and ambient) creators have videos touching on checking some of these newer synth patches with a good analyzer to see such transients, and notch them out. It can and does cause sneaky level issues to be aware of. Just another potential factor to watch for.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by AAV on Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:46 am
Lokeyfly wroteWhat I can suggest is, sure on occasion, a render with my own tracks occur. When that happens and its rare, I usually reduce the gain by a few tenths of a dB. If it still occurs, it may take reducing a whole 1 to 1 5 dBs. That can easily be brought back up later. What the offending issue can then be is either some ultra low frequencies, or transients are causing the overload. So filtering with a HPF at 50 Hz or instrument depending, will almost invariably fix things.

I don't know what others in this thread are doing as I was responding to John Boyd's post about dropouts during rendering. My situation is different in that there is no pipeline involved in my case, but seems related to whether I have automation early in the project. I have seems the "a dropout has occurred...." message, and am confident that no clipping has occurred. Projects are properly gain staged, and mixed and rendered to -14 lufs, or -18 lufs at the master bus, depending on end use intention. What I was describing isn't a clipping issue.

Studio One 6.6 Pro, Audient ID4 mark II,
Gigabyte Designair Z390, 32GB DDR4 3200, Intel i9-9900K 4.8 GHZ, 2 TB & 1 TB SSD, 3 x 1TB 7200 rpm HDD, Windows 11 Pro 64 23H2
by Lokeyfly on Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:33 pm
I see. Ok, thanks for that. I'll revisit those points, but glad you made that clear. In such cases, it may benefit checking a fresh or new song. Things work? Then graduate back to where and how automation is crippling your renders/mixdown. In other words, it's most likely within that song. If not and it's a constant issue, it will likely add up to your devices, or as you suggested, core sharing. Only that's probably the last place you'll want to troubleshoot.

What automation do you see as being the culprit? Begining or end fades? Automation is a very solid level along what your faders are doing, or specific parameters, cc controllers, etc.

You must be only seeing this occur when you have automation turned on? Latch, write?

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

69 postsPage 2 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4