12 posts
Page 1 of 1
Anyone else seeing strange behavior with some plugins in S1v6 Pro? So far I have seen issues with three plugins:

PSP Audioware Echo: The VST3 version will not show up in the effects list. All other PSP VST3 plug-ins show as do the VST2 versions.

Izotope Tonal Balance: Bass frequency detection seems way out of whack. This plug-in now detects way more bass than is actually present in a mix. It was fine in v5.

Presonus Ampire: all amp models that come with v6 Pro distort horribly when used with any of the included Mixbus consoles. Using the included pedals makes it sound even worse. (As a point of reference this is not the case with Waves GTR, not that they have ever been great). FWIW, I usually only use amp modeling when scratch composing. I use a real mic’d amp/cab for serious recording.

Using Windows 10, 32.4.2AI board via FireWire.

Thanks,
Greg
Last edited by gwmullins on Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Win 10 Pro, Gigabyte mobo, i7 3930k processor, 32 GB ram, Samsung 960 Pro 500 GB Sys Drive, StudioLive 32.4.2AI, S1v6 Pro
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:15 pm
I'll try ampire later (I'm all iced up right now :roll: )

I'll also install my only PSP plug and see what happens.

I stopped with waves a long time ago, too many issues with their constant shell updates.

Bye......:roll:
by BobF on Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:22 pm
Ampire works fine in V6 here

Sample rate mismatch?

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:28 pm
PSP xenon working well here it seems. Not apples to apples, but it's worth pointing out.

Bye......:roll:
by gwmullins on Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:39 pm
Echo VST3 is the only PSP plug-in with issues. All the rest seem ok. I have already contacted PSP about this.

Thanks,
Greg

Win 10 Pro, Gigabyte mobo, i7 3930k processor, 32 GB ram, Samsung 960 Pro 500 GB Sys Drive, StudioLive 32.4.2AI, S1v6 Pro
by gwmullins on Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:49 pm
Where is my head? Tonal Balance is an Izotope plug-in?!?!

Greg

by gwmullins on Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:15 am
Bump

by bradch00 on Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:47 am
There was an update to PSP Echo (v1.5) late September. Not quite apples to apples, it is showing up on my rigs, but running Mac arm.

Mac Studio M1 Max 64GB RAM 1TB Flash
5 x 2TB SSD Thunderbolt
2 x 1TB SSD USB
2 X 16TB spinning disk for backup
DAW: Studio One, Pro Tools Studio
Interface: Presonus Quantum, Black Lion (Red) Sparrow A/D
Nectar LX88, Yamaha DTX III Extreme
Control Surface: Faderport & Faderport 8
by victorwarning on Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:55 am
Since the update of S1 6 Waves Harmony doesn’t work anymore. I can see the plug-in in the plug-in list, but can’t use it anymore. I’ve been working on a a mix that had several instances of the plug-in in use, but after the S1 update I got a message that the plying was missing 😕.
Tried reinstalling the plugin. Still not able to use it.
This seems like a S1 problem to me.
Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Studio One 6 Pro Melodyne Editor
Windows 10 64bit i7-12700K 3.60 GHz 32 Gb RAM
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB
by Tacman7 on Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:04 am
Welcome to the Forum!

I had a problem with a plugin after the upgrade but I checked it in version 5 and the problem was there too.

I have something going on with a video card and I had to disable openGL to be able to see the plugin.

Does it still work in version 5?

So you were using it in V5...

Check plugin information on the view menu and see if there's any info there about it.

Waves is really good with support if need be.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by victorwarning on Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:57 pm
Thanks Tacman7!

I checked version 5. There it doesnt work either anymore :(

All my other Waves plug-ins work....

I can see the plug-in in the Effects window and the Plug-in Manager.

My System doesn't have a video card installed. Video through the CPU.

I'll try to contact Waves. Maybe they have a solution.

Studio One 6 Pro Melodyne Editor
Windows 10 64bit i7-12700K 3.60 GHz 32 Gb RAM
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB
by Digivolt on Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:30 pm
Creative Intents Tantrum doesn't work properly for me, for some reason it completely breaks the UI of Studio One where clicking on UI parts doesn't do anything, I can fix this by putting focus on another tab in Windows and then going back into Studio One, but it's annoying, I mailed the dev to see if they could help as it's been like this since an update they did a while back, the previous version worked fine but the current version (no way to download old versions either) inhibits this behaviour in both S1 5 & 6.

I'm also having issues with the Cardinal modular build based off VCV rack, the VST3 versions instantly crash Studio One while the VST2 versions work but I wonder if this due to the I/O options for Cardinal and CV routing and maybe S1 doesn't like it ?

Some other plugs the VST3 will show up but not the VST2 or vice versa depending on the plug, not as annoying as they're still useable although I'd prefer a shift to VST3 for all my plugs just so I don't have to install twice as much stuff to play this lottery of what S1 will detect

Win 10 x64 - Studio One 5 Pro - Ryzen 3950x - 3090Ti - 64gbRam - Rme BabyFace Pro FS - Nektar T6 - Roland FP-30 - Behringer Neutron - xOxbOx

12 posts
Page 1 of 1