2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there
I've recently activated my Sphere Account to test Studio One
I'm coming from Cakewalk and so far I like a lot Studio One.
The only limit I see is the poor integration of my IconQconProG2 and Extender with it compared on how it was on Cakewalk

Cakewalk offer lot more customization of the console itself (buttons, faders, combination etc) compared to studio one.
Below you can see the personalization option in Cakewalk together with the Command Mask of it compared to the one of Studio One

CAKEWALK
Cakewalk Mackie Settings.jpg

CakewalkMapping.jpg

STUDIO ONE

Studio1Mapping.jpg

Things I like about the cakewalk integration is
The mapping of the Button "Name Value", to show on the controller display the name or the value of the current VPOT setting (could have been a Pan, Volume (if splitt with faders). plugin settings.

Cakewalk had also a nice "renaming" of the Track name in order to appear cleaner on the controller Track

Look at the image below.
The first 3 track names are the Same in Cakewalk and Studio One
Nylon Guitar 1, Nylon Guitar 2, Nylon Guitar 3

Look at how Cakewalk was projecting these names on the console

CAKEWALK DISPLAY.jpg

Compared to how Studio One does it

STUDIO ONE DISPLAY.jpg

In Studio One the Controller Display Text it's totally unreadable

Hope the Development team consider to work on that integrations to make them a plus of Studio One,

Cheers

Davide

Davide Felix

Focusrite 18i20, Intel i712700K, 32GB DDRAM 5, icon Qcon ProG2 and Extender, Marshall JVM410H, Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, Bugera 1960, Fender, Strats and Teles, Ibanez Guitars

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCESNTM ... dVebK_7ybQ
by funkshun on Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:25 am
only thing I don't like is the loop function in cakewalk, the loop button does nothing, when you set a loop region instead of pressing the loop button on the g2, you have to set the loop points in cakewalk, if there's an easier way, please let me know.
I know this is a studio one forum, my apologies.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1