5 posts
Page 1 of 1
So I'm still using Studio One 4 and was wondering if it was possible to do the following routing in versions 5/6, but in a more handy way:

I create a bus that I call "Return" and route it as a send into the track where the instrument is, and then I add a second track where the recording goes.

Is there a more straightforward option for that in versions 5/6?
by Tacman7 on Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:11 pm
Lot of things happened in 5 to routing, not sure if any changes in 6 but you can send most anything anywhere now, check pic, I can select tracks, instruments, bus's, for input as well as the usual inputs.

Attachments
inputs3.jpg

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Sombreuil on Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:34 pm
That seems pretty interesting. Does it also create a bus or it directly goes to audio the track?
by Tacman7 on Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:43 pm
Yea those are input sources for an audio track so you could record the audio output of an instrument or a bus, or a track.

In 6 if you turn on a sidechain it will create a send from what you want to use for sidechain.

Also 6 supports sidechaining virtual instrument so you can use your vocoder and there is a new vocoder as well.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Sombreuil on Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:02 pm
Oh I see, that seems to be way easier than what I'm currently doing.

Thanks for the answers!

5 posts
Page 1 of 1